Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Hey all, I have a question for your travelers.

I know the TSA will let you take up to 5 litres of wine or most other adult beverage in your checked luggage.

But is a 5 litre Box of Wine cool?

And yes, I am talking about vintages so rare that they are only put into heavy duty plastic bags inside of a cardboard box with a pull out spout or spigot.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Boy there's a question lol. I wouldn't know the answer to that one. But if you cant take it all with you ship some of it ahead of time.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't forget your vape gears

20130404_115710_7_resized_zps23907bab.jpg

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Don't forget your vape gears

20130404_115710_7_resized_zps23907bab.jpg

I am packing my vape gear as I write this. Three mods, batteries and charger, 4 different tanks w/spare heads and a big old bunch of E-Liquid.

What flavor goes best with "Crawdads"?

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Where are you going that wine-in-a-box isn't readily available?

There is plenty of wine (boxed and in bottles) and everything else available where I am going.

Da Big Easy AKA New Orleans.

But when I get there it will be late, I will be tired and cranky and will be wanting an adult beverage or eight to get settled with and don't want to fool around finding a grocery store to stock up.

Barkt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When traveling, I like to keep my wine in one of those camel back backpacks for easy of access. Wonderful sippy straw

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
When traveling, I like to keep my wine in one of those camel back backpacks for easy of access. Wonderful sippy straw
That's the right way to do it right there, beer works good in those too.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Oh by the way......have a totally awesome safe trip and don't let us see you on an episode of Cops LMAO

That was never a possibility. To be on COPS you must be arrested while shirtless. I never go around without a shirt even in my house.

BTW, the TSA apparently had no issue with the big ass box of wine in my checked baggage. I knew from reading the rules that I could take 5 litres of wine in bottles but they did not say a thing about boxes! I also learned that Google Map Searches are not that accurate when you are looking for someplace to purchase groceries from clost to your hotel. The closest one showed being 2 blocks away from where we were staying.

When we arrived at our hotel, there was a place right next door (as in sharing a wall) to the hotel. Fully stocked deli and liquor store with walk in beer cooler.

So that night, I had my first Po-Boy ever along with some pretty good wine in my hotel room!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Vendage does not handle altitudes above 30,000 feet.
But SutterHome will do just fine.

Last edited:

Barkt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Vendage does not handle altitudes above 30,000 feet.
But SutterHome will do just fine.
What about Carlo Rossi? I only buy my wine in gallon increments

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What about Carlo Rossi? I only buy my wine in gallon increments

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
That's a new one on me. I don't buy the good stuff often. Normally I buy wine from my buddy Jethro, it comes in the latest advancement in container technology -a repurposed mason jar.

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's a new one on me. I don't buy the good stuff often. Normally I buy wine from my buddy Jethro, it comes in the latest advancement in container technology -a repurposed mason jar.

Sounds more like Brandy. Mmmmm I could go for some blackberry brandy in about the 120-130 proof range!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sounds more like Brandy. Mmmmm I could go for some blackberry brandy in about the 120-130 proof range!
I think this stuff is what the astronauts task to the moon, its shiny.

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think this stuff is what the astronauts task to the moon, its shiny.

Same stuff. The fruit infusion (soaking real fruit in it) and diluting just a tad is what we down in these parts call brandy. Not to be confused with brandy from a liquor store. Leave it clear and up around 180+ proof and it is quite shiny.

Either way is good! I like the fruit flavored ones during the hotter months. It is a little more refreshing.

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I thought that was Tang.

That too. Now take the word it's out of the middle of the other two words, make the Y an E, then combine the two words ;)

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is plenty of wine (boxed and in bottles) and everything else available where I am going.

Da Big Easy AKA New Orleans.

But when I get there it will be late, I will be tired and cranky and will be wanting an adult beverage or eight to get settled with and don't want to fool around finding a grocery store to stock up.
Sounds like you had a good time ! Glad for you !

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey all, I have a question for your travelers.

I know the TSA will let you take up to 5 litres of wine or most other adult beverage in your checked luggage.

But is a 5 litre Box of Wine cool?

And yes, I am talking about vintages so rare that they are only put into heavy duty plastic bags inside of a cardboard box with a pull out spout or spigot.
boxed wine is never "cool"

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
boxed wine is never "cool"

Agreed but it is still drinkable after you have been dealing with airports and planes for 8 freaking hours!

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
point taken...at least you were saved from a TSA full body grope.

Nope, I got the "Grope"

But I am kinda used to it with all the metal in my poor old wreck of a body.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
So are u like the terminator or more like the bionic grandpa?

More like the Bionic Grandpa.

Lemme check. Right leg almost amputated many years ago due to an automobile accident. Hint, Car Vs Bicycle the Car wins. Lots of Stainless Steel holding leg together.

Left leg not so serious but still has some party favors.

Left arm. More Stainless Steel.

Right wrist, technology has improved. Broke the sucker and I now have Titanium plates. Bonus feature. I can shoot a 12 gauge mag load in a shotgun with pistol grip one handed with no worries

Kind of late for me but I am in a mood to share.

I have been traveling for business for the larger part of my adult life. Been to some pretty nice places but did not get to see more than my hotel room or conference room plus some fancy restaurants. Now that the Termites have grown, traveling more just for fun. Seeing the places I have been but did not see.

I am also very seriously considering writing a book about all the tips and tricks I have found over the years to make travel more comfortable.

Like how not to get your luggage stolen, how get the airlines to check your baggage for free and now you can check in a 5 liter box of wine with no issues.

Mini Rant over.

Time for bed.

VU Sponsors