Box vs mech

pjerzy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I've been debating on getting a mech mod to use when the sigelei isn't what I'm feeling. My question is what are the benefits that a mech has over a box? What about downsides?

Before purchasing I will be doing plenty of research and I am currently familiarizing myself with ohms law.

Thanks, pj

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pjerzy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Additionally, what equation do the majority of you use? I=V/R?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The benefits of a mech are smaller size, better looks and the ability to go as low as the battery allows (and even lower if you're crazy).

There are no stupid batteries, just stupid people.

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
sorry, i thought you were comparing a mechanical box to a mechanical tube mod

Last edited:

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
sorry, i thought you were comparing a mechanical box to a mechanical tube mod

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
One thing I really like with regulated box mods are all the built in safety features.

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One thing I really like with regulated box mods are all the built in safety features.
I'm an Engineering Electronics Technician, I make sure my build is safe before putting in my face. but yes the regulated box has safety features that are great for people who don't work on high current draw devices on a daily basis.

stewpickles

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i had two mech mods and for no real reason always refused to consider a regulated box until like a week ago.. i dont know what i was thinking. to be honest im liking the box way more. i had 6 bottles of juice laying around that i hated and with the box im able to change the output and "change" the flavor of the juice. i dont exactly know how to intelligently word that but it makes the flavors taste better imo. (the tasting bar at my vape shop uses regulated mods so the taste was always a little different when i actually brought it home and used it).

additionally with the sigelei box i feel a little less douchy out in public. i always felt a little fiendish going out in public and whipping out a big metal "robot dildo" as ive been told it appears. in my opinion id take the regulated over mech but i only just switched to the sigelei last week so i may just be in awe still after my latest purchase. the battery life in my mech mods tend to be a tad lower as well but i wouldnt consider that a deal breaker necessarily. either way i can still get a battery to pretty much last all day.

VU Sponsors