1. LIVE: DISCUSSWELLNESS.COM LAPTOP GIVEAWAY: *NOW OPEN*

VAPING UNDERGROUNDS FORUM SOFTWARE IS BEING UPGRADED.

Box mod with tank on the side

Discussion in 'Regulated (Voltage / Wattage / 3.7v/ Temp Control)' started by mxethey, Jul 23, 2014.

1. bluraff3

bluraff3 Silver Contributor Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    I have been dreaming of this mod for years!

2. laurie9300

laurie9300 Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    kross8 likes this.
  3. squareroot

squareroot

Blog Posts:
    Hello,

Lots of mec thank-on-the-side-box-mods exist.

(Or side-bye-side-boxs-mods : sbs)

DNA 40 sbs :

- XvoStick
    - Stig Helix
    - Fulgoris
    - Design 3
    - Minion box
    - Rail box

Standby for SX350J sbs

4. squareroot

squareroot

Blog Posts:
    sbs : side-by-side

5. squareroot

squareroot

Blog Posts:
    Comparison of the sbs (DNA 40):

Attached Files:

6. squareroot

squareroot

Blog Posts:
    Comparison with the prices in $

... and waiting for the sbs-TC box mods with SX350J and SX330V4

The .pdf file includes an .odt file for editing

Attached Files:

7. ogrelin

ogrelin Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Got this in the mail today. Comfy.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Whiskey

Whiskey Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    I saw that (minion), but $180 for him to make you one??? Granted a duel bat and good chip, but.....................no

[​IMG]

LOL:D

Gina3FVAPE, ogrelin and Mykline like this.
  9. mxethey

mxethey Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Although the size is great, to much faffing about for the 510 and for 235 dollars with a small screen dna40 is well over priced IMO

Mykline likes this.
  10. ogrelin

ogrelin Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Yeah but it's extremely well made, looks cool and for its convenience and features, well worth the price.

11. mxethey

mxethey Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    I do love the form factor don't get me wrong, but i still think it's over priced.
    Not to sure about the dna screen having no cover and it can be pushed inwards. Knowing me i would end up braking it.
    We all want everything in one mod i guess.

12. ogrelin

Blog Posts:
    The screen issue on igetcha69's review (a preprod version) doesn't exist on the prod version. Mine has a very stiff and hard cover on it. You can't push it in. While I agree the 510 can be fiddly, I've found that adjusting it for your shortest 510 atty I haven't had to touch it since. Build quality and finish are also superb. You're paying for a premium product. To me, it's worth it, but I respect your opinion.

13. the Italian

the Italian Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Phantus.mini...ciao from Italy

14. mgmrick

mgmrick Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
  15. Robert B

Robert B Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
  16. mgmrick

mgmrick Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
  17. mxethey

Blog Posts:
  18. nevin

nevin Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  19. Jason Commerford

Jason Commerford Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    I have purchased the Original Kangside Kingside KSD Luxury Box 35W VW Box Mod. Very solid mod. Not outstanding in any way but very functional. Currently at $19.32 it beats the pants off anything else mentioned here in my view. Takes 22mm tanks. One 18650 battery. Won't take any of the RDAs that I own, but then I am not a big fan of RDAs so I don't have too many to try. Easy battery replacement. Easy to adjust wattage. Displays ohms, voltage, wattage, and battery life. Real solid for the money given my experience with it. Of course I bought it from Gearbest so the shipping requires a great deal of patience.

http://www.gearbest.com/vv-vw-mods/pp_227510.html

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  20. Bean8379

Bean8379 Silver Contributor Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Little helpful info, if you want to tag someone put the @ in front of their handle, like @mxethey

21. Bean8379

Bean8379 Silver Contributor Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Anybody know of any 30-40w regulated squonkers? Also with a squonker, can you have several tanks filled with different juices for flavor changes?

22. nevin

nevin Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Squonkers are a box mod with a bottom fed dripper that gets juice from a small juice bottle in the mod. Check out reos mods or similar for example

23. No Ash More Cash

No Ash More Cash Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I'm going to start vaping again soon and really want a tank on the side mod..I have a VTR from years back but it's getting a bit finicky...So any suggestions?

24. SteveS45

SteveS45 Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:

Do you mean like this?

upload_2017-9-14_17-23-35.png

25. nevin

nevin Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    if you like: small, compact, high capacity... look no further than one of the MANY squonking devices that are on the market. and there are more popping up every day. There are regulated & unregulated (electronic switch & pure mechanical). I've jumped on the squonking bandwagon about a month or two ago & am kicking myself for not trying it sooner. all the benefits of an RDA with great juice capacity (some over 10ml) and the compact size of a small box mod with NO leaking. (take that NEBOX)

my favorite devices were always the side-by-side style. the 1st one i had i made out of a skinny griffin genesis tank, AA box & a 14500 (that shows you how long ago that was...). i also have a XvoStick as well as the NEBOX. my requirements were replaceable battery (no built in batteries) and as large of a capacity as was available. the XvoStick i pared with a Taifun GT/ Taifun GT II (5ml). Then i got the NEBOX, while it has it's issues (just like any device) it was my hands down favorite, that is, until i got a squonker.

if you don't have to have a replaceable battery, there are more options. kanger has the cupti & cupti 2 & togo mini. Joyetech's eGrip & eGrip II, and they have a couple more recently eVic AIO (...not sure)? quick search of all-in-one vape: Aspire Plato, SMOK OSUB One, Fuchai Wildfox...

if you want a device with a recessed tank section (put whatever tank you like in there, that will fit), there's the MicroStick (one of the 1st and mechical) XvoStick (regulated), as well as a similar form factor from many other manufacturers including Kanger, Tesla Stealths, Witcher, Movkin Disguiser, the KATO....etc...

apologies, if i unintentionally left out any good ones.

No Ash More Cash likes this.
  26. James

James Bronze Contributor Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
  27. No Ash More Cash

Blog Posts:
    The Aspire Nautilus Mini and Reg tank should work on this?...Not finding nothing online about them tanks with this mod

28. No Ash More Cash

Blog Posts:
    Not finding much on a "Side by Side" 26650 regulated box mods either :(

29. nevin

nevin Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    do a search for "26650 mechanical squonk" (looks like there are a couple) i know it's not truly a side by side, but it's about the same form factor with less weight & more ml capacity than a side by side. that is, unless you're looking to use a specific tank.... then, that adds another variable to the search. especially if it's a wider tank that you want to use. most recessed/side by sides usually run 22-23mm (on the high side)

not mechanical but 26650 & recessed tank up to 23.5mm wide - Mini Ecig ProYStick