Become a Patron!

Box Mod that can handle a little abuse

submerger

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
I have a few batteries. My walk-around is a Presa TC75W. My backup is a ipv4 mini, and I have a ipv4 (2 battery)

The Presa did a great job of handling temp controlled coils until the device got banged around a bit in my bag. Now the screen flickers, and just stops working at will.

The D2 does great with non temp controlled coils, or nickle wraps, but everything else is random. -- This chip is flaky.

I would like a recommendation for a new box mod for something like the D2 hard case and design, or what I can do to DIY address the flaky chip.

Last edited:

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's a lot of box mod out there,check out the
Koopor plus... That thang is a weapon..

Vape On

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I own a ipv4, it's definitely not flaky and works spot on with ni200 coils, but check out the new ipv5.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The IPV3Li isn't the newest kid on the block, but it's built like a tank and isn't flaky. It will do Ti1 and Ni200 fine and will do SS if you offset temp -80-100 degrees in Ti mode.

submerger

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
I own a ipv4, it's definitely not flaky and works spot on with ni200 coils, but check out the new ipv5.
I have the ipv4 S, and I love it. Too much to cary around with me w/backup batteries.

I miss spoke before. It's the D2 that is flaky.

submerger

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Whichever device you decide on, might consider a silicone sleeve.

I looked allover the place when I got the Presa, and could not find one. I have several for the D2, and they slide off like used.... after getting some juice on them

VU Sponsors