Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Very cool Joe!

And if I ever evolve past the knuckle dragging phase and learn how to solder worth a damn, now I know were to get the necessaries!

Great find as always.

Kang

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Absolute newb questions from someone with only mech experience for 3 years… If I got that kit… what else would I need to build it?

I can solder and follow instructions pretty well ;D

I realize coming from someone with zero experience in VV/VW devices, it might be better to get a provari or something but eh… I'd like it alot more this way xD

AquaJoe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Absolute newb questions from someone with only mech experience for 3 years… If I got that kit… what else would I need to build it?

I can solder and follow instructions pretty well ;D

I realize coming from someone with zero experience in VV/VW devices, it might be better to get a provari or something but eh… I'd like it alot more this way xD

You would need a DNA board, USB charging board (the DIY Cana boards come with both from FT), epoxy or hot glue, and a basic soldering kit(iron,solder,flux)

Kang

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You would need a DNA board, USB charging board (the DIY Cana boards come with both from FT), epoxy or hot glue, and a basic soldering kit(iron,solder,flux)

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I've done quite a bit of research and have a good direction on where I need to go as far as parts. Will be doing more research :D

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have one of the Chana clones and i love the size of it. I also have a sx350 dual 18650 box mode that i love, but its to big to carry "on-the-go" So i think i will try to fit a sx350 chip in one of these. Thanks for the link Joe

robtest

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Last edited:

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3mm left over for fitting the battery contacts? It's a toughy. May as well use lipos

VU Sponsors