Become a Patron!

Bought my first disposable

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok... so I needed something to carry around (I have many devices at home but they stay at home)
Went to the smoke shop (for my wife) and decided to get a disposable. I asked if any of them were rechargible (a must have feature) Yes, they had some and even had flavors to choose from (even though we have a flavor ban in CA) Mostly fruit flavors with "ice". Didn't want to get stuck with a flavor I won't like so I noticed one called "clear"... seemed perfect (I assumed it was unflavored) Nope it was just "ice" (and I have never tried anything with coolant) It was super strong "ice" and 5% nic... destroyed my throat and even though it's salt nic, it was too much for me. Going to give it away (waste of $22)
Is it possible to drill a small hole in the plastic tank, drain it and refill with my own juice (I do have a blunt needle syringe)? just need a way to seal up the small hole.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok... so I needed something to carry around (I have many devices at home but they stay at home)
Went to the smoke shop (for my wife) and decided to get a disposable. I asked if any of them were rechargible (a must have feature) Yes, they had some and even had flavors to choose from (even though we have a flavor ban in CA) Mostly fruit flavors with "ice". Didn't want to get stuck with a flavor I won't like so I noticed one called "clear"... seemed perfect (I assumed it was unflavored) Nope it was just "ice" (and I have never tried anything with coolant) It was super strong "ice" and 5% nic... destroyed my throat and even though it's salt nic, it was too much for me. Going to give it away (waste of $22)
Is it possible to drill a small hole in the plastic tank, drain it and refill with my own juice (I do have a blunt needle syringe)? just need a way to seal up the small hole.
I don't think so. I took one apart once and it's like a giant wick inside, like tampon size, lol.
Most disposables have a cooling agent, even the ones that don't say ice.
I don't like it either, gave them up.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you want a small carry pod type grab a Vaporesso Xros 3. They have a new 6ml pod coming out that's aimed squarely at the disposable market called Eco Nano.
Coils are top shelf, best I've ever had for flavor, and they last.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I actually have a small pod device I got to carry around (Vaporesso PM40) I like it and it takes the same coils I use in another pod mod but... I have to turn it off to carry around. So 5 clicks to turn off, 5 more to turn on, it has smart power (senses the coil and defaults to specific wattage setting) but the power is too high (for my liking) so I have to do 3 more clicks to set the power (and it only goes up) it tops out at 40 watts then stops and hold the button again to start at 5 watts and work my way up (and pray I don't pass it up or do this all over again) Get in a few vapes and then 5 click to turn off. Insane! So "auto draw" is a good thing in this situation but it doesn't do that. Had another one before that did (and you can refill/replace the pods) Loved it until the contacts on the battery failed to make contact with the pod. Not having much luck with my quest for a carry around vape. All I really need is a way to carry around the one I have (PM40) with it on (and the fire button can't get pressed) Working on that.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't think so. I took one apart once and it's like a giant wick inside, like tampon size, lol.
This one has a 15 ml built-in pod (you can see the liquid inside) Time to bust out the drill.
Most disposables have a cooling agent, even the ones that don't say ice.
So I have learned...
I do DIY and have not tried cooling agents (now I'm really not into trying that... just fine with my buttermint)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Might as well "add insult to injury" :rolleyes: I just found out many disposable vapes use an artificial sweetener called Neotame (very similar to aspartame... which I consider poison) Most e-liquids use sucralose (which I'm OK with)
So if I drill into the pod, drain and refill it, I assume I should make some 50/50 (VG/PG) and maybe something like 20 mg/ml (that's going to be a lot of work just for this stupid little POS)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
many disposable vapes use an artificial sweetener called Neotame (very similar to aspartame... which I consider poison)
Good catch and subsequent posting on here regarding Neotame. TY for the heads-up.

Read or heard somewhere once that cane sugar is refined out to table sugar, and it is made to be at least 1,000 times more addictive than the pain reliever made from poppy flowers and about 100,000 times more so than the snow made from coca leaves. Cannot recall my source of that offhand. In a way, I do believe it factual. Sugar is also a depressant, despite the rush it gives, and dehydrates folks pretty well too.

Merely small talking on sugar in general. Not saying use or don't.

VU Sponsors