Botboy141's Rainbow Sherbet

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Alright guys. Here it is. Been about 6-8 weeks in the making. I'm very happy with it like this, but still need to make some minor adjustments to get it to be as good as I really want it to be. All 3 flavors are well pronounced though and it just hits the spot so perfectly.

I've tried 6 different limes and tons of combinations thereof, this is my favorite so that you still get a pronounced flavor of raspberry and orange.

I've also tried 8 different oranges with variations there of. Lastly, the Raspberry, well, you guys probably won't have the raspberry I'm using here but you CAN sub for additional FA or INW, I just like mine the best out of all of my mixes. More details below.

• 1% FA Vienna Cream
  • 1% INW Raspberry (malina)
  • 1.5% BB Raspberry
  • 1.5% FA Orange
  • 0.5% FA Mandarin
  • 1.5% TFA Orange Cream
  • 0.75% INW Lime (limetka)
  • 0.3% FA Lime Cold-Pressed
  • 0.3% FA Tutti Frutti
  • 1% FA Custard
  • 0.3% TFA Koolada
  • 0.6% TFA Sweetener
  • 0.3% TFA Cotton Candy
  • 0.3% Citric Acid (10% solution)
Legend

• FA = Flavour Art
  • TFA = The Flavor Apprentice
  • INW = Inawera
  • BB = Brewer's Best
Mixed 40/60 PG/VG 3mg NudeNicotine Nic. You can mix this higher VG without major adjustments I would assume.

Regarding the Raspberry:

BB = Brewer's Best, I picked it up at my local home brew shop, you might be able to order directly through their website. It is a PG based flavor, it's rather weak but I really like it's lack of sweetness, try with either 0.5% FA or 2.5% TFA Sweet Raspberry, alternatively or use 2% INW Raspberry instead.

Regarding the Lime:

This combination worked best for me but you can try using TFA Key Lime instead. For awhile I think I liked it that way better, but after adjusting the percentages and using more INW it made more sense to go with this combination.

Regarding the Orange:

FA's Orange is rather weak, hence the addition of their strong Mandarin flavor. TFA's Orange Cream is unusually strong for TFA and works wonderfully here.

FA Tutti Frutti - Well I added it and it tastes good, you'd hardly notice it with it out.

Koolada at a tiny percentage doesn't really cool it much, maybe a smidge, it's hardly noticeable but it helps the fruits to stand out a little this way. Citric Acid is the same purpose, helps the fruits to stand out as individuals rather than blend together. You can source Citric Acid locally via a grocer, health food store, local brew shop. Alternatively, Nude Nicotine carries it pre-mixed in 10ml or 30ml options (I think those were it). To get a 10% solution you'll want to use 1/4 tsp per 10ml PG or 1g per 9g of PG. A lot of people recommend heating to get it to mix, I prefer just strapping the bottle to my sawsall and holding the trigger for 45 seconds. You do NOT want 'ball' citric acid as it typically contains some sort of preservative that's not safe to vape. A pound of CA locally will run you $4-7 and will last a lifetime.

Sweetener and Cotton candy to add just a little more sweetness as it was slightly tart without it.

Any questions ask away. I understand you may need to order some flavors to re-create this, but I wish you luck!

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow, that sure is a lot of different flavorings! Sounds good, but nothing I think I would tackle just yet. :)

davesnothear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
**WORK IN PROGRESS**

I got a bottle of JTJM shurb for xmas and have been on a double rainbow / sherbert kick and love this recipe. I have been tinkering around with this for a week or so and have added and adjusted it some. Tastes really good fresh, but unfortunately I have been vaping it non stop and havent had a chance to let it sit for an extended amount of time. I did heat steep it for an hour uncapped. Since you were kind enough to post the recipe I'll post my edits. The flavor percentage is kinda high (%12.5). This is revision 4 of mine and I think I am almost at a good place where I like it anyways.

0.75% - Raspberry (FA)
0.75% - Raspberry (Inawera)
1.5% - Orange (FA)
0.5% - Mandarin (FA)
0.3% - Lime (Inawera)
0.75% - Lime Cold Pressed (FA)
0.75% - Pineapple (FA)
0.5% - Mad Fruit (FA)
0.5% - Liquid Amber (FA)
0.75% - Cherry (FA)
0.3% - Tutti Frutti (FA)
1.0% - Vienna Cream (FA)
0.30% - Fresh Cream (FA)
1.5% - Orange Cream (TFA)
1.0% - Custard (FA)
0.3% - Sweetener (TFA)
0.5% - Citric Acid (%10 Solution)
0.3% - Cotton Candy (TFA)
0.25% - Koolada (TFA)

Edit: On Revision 5 I am going to tone down the Liquid Amber a bit to about .25 - .30, and possibly the mad fruit to about the same.

Edit: Will be doing another Revision. Im not satisfied with a few percentages (Mainly Liquid Amber/Mad Fruit). Im fairly certain atleast that Liquid Amber is used somewhat in JTJM shurb. It has that aftertaste that liquid amber gives. Will Post revision later. I think Im going to burn out on rainbow sherbert lol. anyways this is a good start and definately tasty. Im not trying to do a total clone of Shurb btw, just something that tastes really awesome too me. Your mileage may vary.

Last edited:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You do realize the Brewers stuff has asshole gland juice from beavers right?

davesnothear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
But is is usually in brewing supply in higher doses.

I couldn't even find the BB brand at any of the online stores so I just stuck wit FA/Inawera for the Raspberry.

VelvetA

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a bottle of JTJM shurb for xmas and have been on a double rainbow / sherbert kick and love this recipe. I have been tinkering around with this for a week or so and have added and adjusted it some. Tastes really good fresh, but unfortunately I have been vaping it non stop and havent had a chance to let it sit for an extended amount of time. I did heat steep it for an hour uncapped. Since you were kind enough to post the recipe I'll post my edits. The flavor percentage is kinda high (%12.5). This is revision 4 of mine and I think I am almost at a good place where I like it anyways.

0.75% - Raspberry (FA)
0.75% - Raspberry (Inawera)
1.5% - Orange (FA)
0.5% - Mandarin (FA)
0.3% - Lime (Inawera)
0.75% - Lime Cold Pressed (FA)
0.75% - Pineapple (FA)
0.5% - Mad Fruit (FA)
0.5% - Liquid Amber (FA)
0.75% - Cherry (FA)
0.3% - Tutti Frutti (FA)
1.0% - Vienna Cream (FA)
0.30% - Fresh Cream (FA)
1.5% - Orange Cream (TFA)
1.0% - Custard (FA)
0.3% - Sweetener (TFA)
0.5% - Citric Acid (%10 Solution)
0.3% - Cotton Candy (TFA)
0.25% - Koolada (TFA)
Is this a shurb clone?

And yes, I do find it a little disquieting that I have all the ingredients for this. o_O Definitely going on my list to make for my next mixing day!

davesnothear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is this a shurb clone?

And yes, I do find it a little disquieting that I have all the ingredients for this. o_O Definitely going on my list to make for my next mixing day!

It's more of a work in progress on one. Most of the original recipe is from botboy, but I made a few revisions to it and added a few different flavors.

Yeah at 19 flavors it's a crazy mix. I think the Liquid Amber and Mad Fruit really gives it that POP that it needs. Im still working on the percentages of those 2 ingredients myself as I think they can probably be lowered as the liquid amber is a strongish flavor. Plus I have been vaping these revisions of the original recipe for a week or two straight. I really need to let some sit for an extended time. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Last edited:

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah. I've heard all about that a long time ago. I don't use organic/natural flavorings but even if something I have happens to have it. I'd just rather not know about it. Just like the level of rodent shit allowable in cereal. I don't want to know.
In food additives it is anything vanilla, strawberry and raspberry.
Also if you see natural ingredients.. it has the juice of a rodent's anus gland.

davesnothear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Botboy141, U said u DNT want "ball" citric acid. Wut is 'ball' CA?

Not sure what the difference is myself but I ended up purchasing a 8oz bag off amazon for fairly cheap. Not sure if linking to amazon is allowed so the name of the product was "
Pure Citric Acid Food Grade FCC/USP Anhydrous Fine Granular Made in USA" Costs 6.75 and I have tons left over lol. If you have a local vitamin shoppe they probably sell it also; unfortunately they didn't have any in my local store.

VU Sponsors