Become a Patron!

BOREAS F#%KING LEAKING!!!

OhMG

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have Had my Boreas RTA for about 2 months now and i cannot get it to stop fucking leaking. There is nothing wrong with the 0 rings/seals .. I wick the thing constantly ... all different ways with different amounts of cotton ... different refilling techniques.. filling it half open... filling it closed then turning it upside down ... priming it with puffs after..
But the fucking thing wont perform.. wont give me peace of mind...
Dont get me wrong ... i love it.. or want to ... but this is fucking ridiculous. I want to know why so i can stop it... and live peacefully with it...
It is becoming a constant headache i am about get rid of by cutting off the head (throwing it away)

I am calling out to any boreas owners with any solutions or tricks to share before i get rid of it.

The ONE job of a tank is to retain the juice... i have bent over backwards to try make this tank do what it should be doing ... i shouldnt have this constant anguish over a fucking TANK!!!!

Im am sick of it flooding after filling... i have a puff and it gurgles.. i get warm juice in my mouth... then to stop it (momentarily) i have to blow into it.. which makes juice flow out of the afc/jfc which in turn, gets juice all over my hands and so on... EVERYTIME. I am so frustrated i cant express and more.. i apologise for my bad language... but i am irate over this bastard tank. Because i want it to just fucking WORK without giving me any grief whatsoever..

If anyone can share some advice.. please do so... this thing is nearly bringing me to tears.

Thank you in advance . Peace

I remember i read about leaking solution on boreas thread but i cant remember how. Surely guys on boreas thread will help you. Roxy boreas' designer also quite active over there.

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
If wicked properly AND all o-rings are in place...There is no leaking on the Boreas. You could try bottom filling it, a bit more of a hassle since you would need to take it of the mod to do that. But with an 8ml tank that would not be all that often.

Check your o-rings, if you have it wicked right, leaking could only be due to broken or missing o-rings. I use plenty of cotton. See attached.
Make sure the cotton is NOT covering the center hole when you tuck it in. Make sure it IS covering the juice holes in the bottom of the deck. Let it lay across the bottom without packing too tight. Works every time for me.

IMG_0502.JPG IMG_0509.JPG

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Past propper wicking like above (3" coil for lots of wick)...

Is the small oring still in place in the very bottom base cap? There should be one sitting in a recess that seals the cap to the base that you build the coils on.

That is very easily washed away in the sink and without it boreas will leak.

Leave it on its side too long and it will lose the vacuum seal and leak. Let it bang around in your pocket while out on a walk and it can leak.

I top fill... air open, turn upside down, all juice out of the base. Close air.
Top fill then screw top cap back on. Flip upside down, open 2 air holes. Let it stay inverted for a few seconds, flip right side up and take a couple puffs. Then open to 3 or 4 hole setting that you vape at.
Or upside down fill.

Last edited:

OhMG

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Still leaking @OhMG ? Curious if you got it worked out.
Mate... i actually found this filling technique earlier... and would you believe it... SUCCESS!! ( while keeping my fingers crossed i just didnt curse myself by saying this!) But yeah, I found out this technique and it still has a little condensation leak on the first puff or after, but it stops ! Thank you so much for sharing nonetheless...

I got a istick 60w tc (one with interchangeable coloured panels)...this thing is made for a 25mm tank on the move... but i must say i have the boreas at home on my 200w.. An bought a griffin 25 (no top airflow) for my travel vape... Because i mastered wicking my 22mm griff... the 25 wasnt an issue... so far it is working a treat...

I needed 'no leak/flooding' peace of mind... especially when out and about... and as much as i wanted my boreas to have this position.. its our troubled past that has gotten in the way... :(

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good to hear, it is a great atty as long as it's not banging around in your pocket for the day. I have a desk job so it does come to work with me from time to time but it is mainly an at home treat :cloud:

Debbiej

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I
Mate... i actually found this filling technique earlier... and would you believe it... SUCCESS!! ( while keeping my fingers crossed i just didnt curse myself by saying this!) But yeah, I found out this technique and it still has a little condensation leak on the first puff or after, but it stops ! Thank you so much for sharing nonetheless...

I got a istick 60w tc (one with interchangeable coloured panels)...this thing is made for a 25mm tank on the move... but i must say i have the boreas at home on my 200w.. An bought a griffin 25 (no top airflow) for my travel vape... Because i mastered wicking my 22mm griff... the 25 wasnt an issue... so far it is working a treat...

I needed 'no leak/flooding' peace of mind... especially when out and about... and as much as i wanted my boreas to have this position.. its our troubled past that has gotten in the way... :(
I had leaking too. After I did all the tricks and inversions it would still leak in pocket if tilted. Yes, I'd lose the whole tank of juice. Build bigger. 4mm coils. Wick it tight. It helps. Although like you I loved the production, wanted it to be my good to tank. Can't take it outta of the house, ............ Hopefully you will find a way. I will be watching to see

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol, I remember that. Roxy didn't take well to it but I thought it was in good humor.

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have Had my Boreas RTA for about 2 months now and i cannot get it to stop fucking leaking. There is nothing wrong with the 0 rings/seals .. I wick the thing constantly ... all different ways with different amounts of cotton ... different refilling techniques.. filling it half open... filling it closed then turning it upside down ... priming it with puffs after..
But the fucking thing wont perform.. wont give me peace of mind...
Dont get me wrong ... i love it.. or want to ... but this is fucking ridiculous. I want to know why so i can stop it... and live peacefully with it...
It is becoming a constant headache i am about get rid of by cutting off the head (throwing it away)

I am calling out to any boreas owners with any solutions or tricks to share before i get rid of it.

The ONE job of a tank is to retain the juice... i have bent over backwards to try make this tank do what it should be doing ... i shouldnt have this constant anguish over a fucking TANK!!!!

Im am sick of it flooding after filling... i have a puff and it gurgles.. i get warm juice in my mouth... then to stop it (momentarily) i have to blow into it.. which makes juice flow out of the afc/jfc which in turn, gets juice all over my hands and so on... EVERYTIME. I am so frustrated i cant express and more.. i apologise for my bad language... but i am irate over this bastard tank. Because i want it to just fucking WORK without giving me any grief whatsoever..

If anyone can share some advice.. please do so... this thing is nearly bringing me to tears.

Thank you in advance . Peace

I use a little trick to keep it from flooding when filling.. just before i screw the top cap completely down i turn it upside down.. seems to keep the flooding under control.. but i agree thing leaks.. I don't believe people when they say they never have leaks.. this thing vapes great but will leak on you at one point or another..

Scy123

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have leaking issues with my Boreas too. Solution, Get an Aromamizer Supreme. It is my go to tank. Same performance as a Boreas but none of the headaches. Also it just works.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Scratch my head, I've had the Boreas since it's first release. Properly wicked and filled correctly not any issues with leaking.

Only thing I can say is, summer time and heat is an issue for all Tanks.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

kevin littell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
OK,

I'm a relative newcomer to this tank....I've had it a very short time but I've never had anything other then condensation at the air holes since the first build...Previously I've owned a couple of drippers and some Kayfuns, bought this tank to Replace a Uwell Crown because out of a pack of 5 replacement coils 2 or 3 were bad, and I am completely happy with the purchase.(Threw the crown in the trash with 2 packs of coils on my first vape of the Boreas...)

Admittedly I run 5/6 wrap 26ga ka1 at 3.5mm and I vape at 40 watts. I fill per the directions and if its not on the mod in my hand its on the kitchen counter, workbench or office desktop. Its never on its side, upside down every time I set it down and JFC closed to keep it from leaking and this thing has wicked from 2mm to 3,5mm up to 80 watts for me every time.

IMHO Roxy hit this one out of the park.

I was given advise that this thing loves cotton....Having heeded that advise and seeing the need for it the only thing I can think of is high wattage is possibly boiling or pressurizing the tank area and forcing fluid thru.(Mine never gets hot too the touch but does get warm)

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I dont get a tank dumped out in my pocket or anything but it has happened a couple times whereI get a ml or so leaking out from it flopping on it's side in big pockets like cargo shorts or something like that.
Once in cargo shorts is enough for me to not carry in my suit pants at work ;)

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some times if I'm walking about town and holding my mod it my hand, I'll get a bit of leaking since the mod was tilted for a while. And there was one time where I was driving and had my mod in the cup holder and it was tilted, and it leaked a bit. But really, it's not too bad in my experience.

Also, I actually use a surprisingly (to me at least) small amount of cotton. I take a pad of Puff Japanese cotton, cut it down the middle against the grain, and then cut a large enough piece to fit in my 3.2mm ID coils. That gives me actually quite a short piece of cotton. The first time I wicked my Boreas, I was pretty skeptical that it would provide enough coverage of the juice holes to keep it from leaking like a sieve, but to my surprise it works like a champ. For my experience that is the perfect amount of cotton.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some times if I'm walking about town and holding my mod it my hand, I'll get a bit of leaking since the mod was tilted for a while. And there was one time where I was driving and had my mod in the cup holder and it was tilted, and it leaked a bit. But really, it's not too bad in my experience.

Also, I actually use a surprisingly (to me at least) small amount of cotton. I take a pad of Puff Japanese cotton, cut it down the middle against the grain, and then cut a large enough piece to fit in my 3.2mm ID coils. That gives me actually quite a short piece of cotton. The first time I wicked my Boreas, I was pretty skeptical that it would provide enough coverage of the juice holes to keep it from leaking like a sieve, but to my surprise it works like a champ. For my experience that is the perfect amount of cotton.
Like all devices you need to insure you fluff out the cotton. I Scottish Roll with Koh gen Do, works very well. Only tank that leaking is an issue is the VCMT, out of the 30+ Tanks I have that's the only one I have issues with.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors