Become a Patron!

BMI Nova RDA Review By DeucesJack

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Full Disclosure:

Let’s get all the disclosures out of the way. This RDA was sent to me directly from BMI specifically for the purposes of this review. This will not in any way, shape, or form cause me to give this RDA a favorable review or change my opinion in any way.
77a97d1eb7c4a6a4bbaf06db70b56146.jpg

First Impression Out Of The Box:

Wooh, wooh, wooh, this thing is just beautiful. Open the box and it sits in there nestled like a precious jewel. Nice, shiny atomizer. I put it in my hand and you can feel the heft. This RDA just screams ultra high quality. The machining is just some of the best I have ever laid eyes on. All I can say is I am Impressed!

What’s In The box:

In the box we have a three piece all brass atomizer. Brass drip tip, spare o'rings and two spare deck screws.
b13995e53a5ed0bc65183beb1f371a1d.jpg

From Top To Bottom:

What can I say? This is just a thing of beauty. Let's start off with the all brass drip tip. It's a Goon styled drip tip that is just machined to perfection and really thick. The o'rings that secure the drip tip are located inside the top cap. It fits onto the top cap with no movement or wiggle.

The top cap secures to the barrel via one o'ring. The oring gives it an almost perfect tolerance. The top cap is machined so the vaper can run this atomizer in single or dual coil mode. The top cap when installed on the barrel gives a really nice confidence inspiring click.

The sleeve is also made of brass and machined just as well as the rest of the RDA. It has two airflow slots that are adjustable by using the top cap to throttle down the airflow. It is a very simple yet extremely effective design.

This RDA came to me super, super, clean. I did not see or feel any machine oil. There were no burrs either. Just a beautifully machined, clean piece of brass inside and out. I did have a hard time getting the base out the first time. It comes to the user very tight. So, when you do get it off I would highly recommend that you juice up those o'rings immediately.
45fd6912cc7ff8437b353df563ed7ab2.jpg

The Deck:

Now for the main attraction. This is the meat and potatoes of this review. This deck is just beautiful. There is just no two ways about it. What we have here is a 24mm, gold plated, brass, postless, deck. The post holes are huge and can accommodate almost any coil you throw at it. Because of its postless design there is a ton of room in there for some really wide coils. The leads are trapped by some high quality phillips head deck screws. Of course the deck also has a peek insulator. Around the base of the deck there are two beefy o'rings that secure the sleeve to the deck.

Just like the top cap when you put the sleeve on you are greeted with a very satisfying, confidence inspiring click. Tolerance on the o'rings are just perfect. The juice well is really deep and I can get 25 drops in there without a problem.
e37e5567bb15e0c796764a67c0d0c0d4.jpg
4538e30b4094825e179be3c978008086.jpg

Building And Wicking:

Like most postless decks building can be a little tricky if you have never done it before. My advice is just take your time clipping down your leads until you are happy with the length. Once you find the right length put the coil on a coil jig and cut your second coil right next to it so you know both coils will sit at the same height in the deck. That's probably the hardest part. Once both coils are installed wick her up and you are good to go.

But Deuces, How Does She Vape:

This is my first postless deck RDA. I have RTA’s that are postless but never an RDA. Airflow is extremely smooth. In fact it's buttery smooth. The brass drip tip is more for show in my book. It is beautiful but if you are a chain vaper or high wattage vaper it will get hot. Because of the thickness it does take quite a few pulls to get hot but at the same time because of the thickness it retains that heat and takes some time to cool down. It was easily remedied with a delrin drip tip but I have to mention it.

Vape quality is just next level on this thing. It’s simple but it works extremely well. I have run this atomizer every which way I can think of. I have used kanthal builds, SS builds, in wattage mode and TC mode. No matter what I throw at it, it just performs. Right now I have it sitting on my SX Mini G Class. I’m ohming out at .18 at 100 watts in power mode. I have some T1V Peachy Mango in there and it just taste fantastic. I know this juice very well and I can honestly say I get more intense flavor from this RDA than I do others. Lets not forget about the clouds, oh the clouds. This thing can make a mosquito fogger jealous if you crank her up. All in all a very satisfying, flavorful, cloudy vape.

Conclusion:

This is what I would consider a high end RDA and in this case the old adage is true. You do get what you pay for. I am here to tell you that the BMI Nova is worth every penny. It’s just that good. Yeah it's simple but sometimes simplicity is just better. From the extremely high end machining to the vape quality the Nova will not disappoint. This RDA has earned a spot in my extremely picky everyday rotation and one of my highest DeucesJack approvals.

If you found this review helpful please feel free to leave a comment, give it a like, and give me a follow. If you are a Vendor and would like a DeucesJack Review please PM me on this forum.

Pros and Cons:

A note about Pros and Cons. These are my Pros and Cons. They are very subjective. What may be a pro to me could be a con to you and vice versa.

Pros:

* Machining
* Build quality
* Materials
* Vape quality
* Easy build deck
* Smooth airflow
* Orings
* Deep juice well
* Usable deck space
* Heavy duty RDA

Cons:

* Needs a 2nd delrin drip tip
* Needs a full spare set of deck screws
* No squonk pin

Specs:

* 24mm Diameter
* PEEK Insulators
* 24k Gold Plated Base for Maximum Conductivity
* Custom Made Coil Screws to Avoid Twisted Leads
* Unique Postless Design
* Deep Juice Well to Avoid Leaking
* 810 Compatible Drip Tip Opening (Fits MOST Chuff Caps on the Market Today)
* Completely Made of Brass and Cerakoted Black (Graphite Black Version)
* 2 Finish Options - Raw Brass and Brass Cerakoted Graphite Matte Black
* 4 Pieces Total (Deck, Drip Shield, Top Cap and Wide Bore Chuff Cap
3mm Holes
* VERY HEAVY OVERALL WEIGHT
* Simple but EXTREMELY effective AFC System (2 Airflow Grooves)
* 4 Hole Configuration with Philips Screw Heads
* Heavy Duty Feel
* Extra O Rings and Screws Included

The Tank On Different Mods:

On The Smoant Charon:
08dc942cead561a2300656780284737f.jpg

On The Smoant Battlestar:
887bc2100ea6c37e0e3ef872fdf1a3a2.jpg

On The SX Mini G Class:
c8763a58176e1c4218516e6d7ecd6a43.jpg

On the Wismec Predator:
08edfce408bb3eb07114d13f0a3c4326.jpg

On The Vaporesso Nebula:
2561be08d214512fe32cb6aaf6e2c598.jpg

On The Craving Vapor Hexohm V3:
03892e545d8ee59470c09dd0fce600ed.jpg

On The Lost Vape Triade:
deb4367e1a9e08ba8f47656152a7a8cb.jpg

On The IPV Vesta:
c276a6f83d55ba778588af7f8a2b5c7a.jpg

https://bmiofficial.com/collections/rebuildable/products/nova

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Vucci

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey deuces I got a question bro. Ok what stops the leaking? Or what does it have that prevent the leaking.

I mean I'm looking at this thing. What happen when the juice goes in the postless holes and out the screws?? Or is the screws water tight? What makes it water tight? Sorry for the wierd questions. It was bothering me lol.

Oh and "This is my first postless deck RDA". You need to go out and find a CSMNT. Just buy one man. It will be one of the best purchase you make.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey deuces I got a question bro. Ok what stops the leaking? Or what does it have that prevent the leaking.

I mean I'm looking at this thing. What happen when the juice goes in the postless holes and out the screws?? Or is the screws water tight? What makes it water tight? Sorry for the wierd questions. It was bothering me lol.

Oh and "This is my first postless deck RDA". You need to go out and find a CSMNT. Just buy one man. It will be one of the best purchase you make.
Tbh, I'm thinking it's just the deck screws that stop it because mine does not leak at all. Even if it did seep ever so slightly the orings at the base are so nice and tight that nothing comes out. I drip right down the middle and it never leaks. In fact I have over dripped a few times and the juice comes out of the airslots instead of the base. No need to apologize at all. It was a great question and one I never even thought about until just now.

Vucci

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tbh, I'm thinking it's just the deck screws that stop it because mine does not leak at all. Even if it did seep ever so slightly the orings at the base are so nice and tight that nothing comes out. I drip right down the middle and it never leaks. In fact I have over dripped a few times and the juice comes out of the airslots instead of the base. No need to apologize at all. It was a great question and one I never even thought about until just now.

Ok guess the screws are proper size so there's no leaking. Well shit consider it better since it's what? $70? Great read again deuces. Imma read some other ones and find more wierd question for u lol

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok guess the screws are proper size so there's no leaking. Well shit consider it better since it's what? $70? Great read again deuces. Imma read some other ones and find more wierd question for u lol
Thx bro, appreciate that. Yeah it's $70 but like I said this is probably the best machined RDA I own, bar none. Just get a nice delrin DT and you good to go. Fire those questions away, I'm here to help in any way I can.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
can a 24mm goon drip tip fit on this rda?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Is it a standard Goon dt? If so it fits. However, because of the beveled top cap if it's to wide on the mouthpiece it may look weird. I rock a black 14mm wide dt on it and it goes right up to the edge of the beveling. Hope that helps.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is it a standard Goon dt? If so it fits. However, because of the beveled top cap if it's to wide on the mouthpiece it may look weird. I rock a black 14mm wide dt on it and it goes right up to the edge of the beveling. Hope that helps.
thanks buddy, it helps. I want to try this rda because I'd like to run single coil w/o the single coil sleeve.... like most rdas offer. you know one sided airflow. I guess this one runs dual air flow in single coil mode?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
thanks buddy, it helps. I want to try this rda because I'd like to run single coil w/o the single coil sleeve.... like most rdas offer. you know one sided airflow. I guess this one runs dual air flow in single coil mode?

I can't remember off hand. I'll check when I get home and take a pic of the AFC for you. Kind of a moot point though because it's a postless deck so your single coil is going to be smack dab in the middle of deck. Hence you would probably want airflow from both sides unless I'm missing something here. Either way I'll post a pic of the AFC before midnight. Always happy to help a fellow member.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Here you go bro, I snapped a pic of the DT and AFC for you. It does have the option of one sided airflow.

c09a9cb06b74e48ae90e4211f2b7b867.jpg
29643007a28ee86f524228157b27b5ad.jpg

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Great review matey

Out of interest does it have a big arse BMI logo on the other side of the housing mate?

VU Sponsors