Become a Patron!

Blo-Thru coil

TwistedWires

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im sure someone has done this before but i was just playin around with the Derringer. .3Ω dual coil. Just an experiment so i didnt get fancy. Just some 25ga wrapped 5 1/2 times around a 1/8 drill bit with about 0.5-1mm between each wrap to alow the vapor coming from the wick side to pass through to the center coil where the air flows. Anyways what i did was line up the center through the coil with the air inlet on the afr and left space between center post and the coil for more direct airflow then wrapped cotton around the coils like a doughnut. Great clouds but the flavor is as good as the coils in my avatar. Going to experiment with this a bit more. Wonder if anyone makes a good drip deck to pair with this type of build perfectly...20150628_132457.jpg 20150628_132511.jpg 20150628_132426.jpg

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I wanna see the unwicked coils when you get it hammered out.

TwistedWires

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ill have to get more 30ga i was going to spiral some 30 on 25 but i only had a few inches of 30 left so i did parallel dual coil using the last of the 30. Still ganna try different coils. This one came out to .54Ω. 5 turns on 1/8 next one im going to go a bit bigger diameter coil. I also aimed them up and sealed around the air inletoto force all the air coming in, through the ccoil. getting good flavor now uses up juice quick. My 100ml bottle should be comming in tomorrow20150628_174800.jpg 20150628_173426.jpg 20150628_173459.jpg 20150628_174327.jpg

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
26g twisted dual sleeper wicked sorta like yours,except I used ko gen do. Did this one a few months ago, I call it the sleeping dragon. :D

IMG_20150613_193341_484.jpg

TwistedWires

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
26g twisted dual sleeper wicked sorta like yours,except I used ko gen do. Did this one a few months ago, I call it the sleeping dragon. :D

IMG_20150613_193341_484.jpg
Nicee^^ whats it runnin at?

TwistedWires

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This one is .54 4.8v @ 40w for my daily dripper i run at .35 4v@40w on the 50w istick. Lasts me all day and clouds pretty good. Think im ganna buy some nickle wire for the next attempt

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
nickel wire is like butter and requires much more wraps than kanthal but it works awesome for temp control devices. I've got a few.
This is what I'm rockin today.
IMG_20150628_141854_785.jpg

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

80watts and temp control up to 600 º. I've got the god mod 180 and the SMY260watt box mods too but I never use them. I'm a total mod whore, dude. This is what I have in front of me now. I think I need help.

IMG_20150628_195014_939.jpg

Last edited:

TwistedWires

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
80watts and temp control up to 600 º. I've got the god mod 180 and the SMY260watt box mods too but I never use them. I'm a total mod whore, dude. This is what I have in front of me now. I think I need help.

IMG_20150628_195014_939.jpg
Jesus b4 long thatll be me haha i just had an idea im ganna try out. I ordered some ss mesh i was ganna roll it really thin into a strand and use that to make a coil. I imagine it will have lots of surface area im curious to see the kind of resistances i can get with just a few wraps. Im aiming between .3 and .4. I just made a .22 flat 25ga and my istick has to run full blast so here soon imma make a cheap unreg box so i can experiment with a wider range of coiling. I like that pipe one id love to see inside of it!

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
lol, I been doing this for 5 years man. :D Try out parallel coils if your looking for surface area, they are super simple and super effective.

TwistedWires

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wish my rdas were bigger id love to make a dual parallel clapton. Think the clapton is my favorite so far love the flavor im gettin the flat wire coill gets amazing flavor too id like to try and make clapton out of flat wire. Whats the biggest most powerful temp control box on the market atm? Yearly raise is about here lol and whats the specs of that blue pipe? That things awesome!

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Claptons are cool. I think I made the first wickless Clapton build and shot a vid bout a year and a half ago. The only thing I don't like about them is the ramp up time but they do look cool and work great.
Here's that vid.

God, that camera was terrible. I'm so glad I went 1080p, lol

Last edited:

TwistedWires

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Claptons are cool. I think I made the first wickless Clapton build and shot a vid bout a year and a half ago. The only thing I don't like about them is the ramp up time but they do look cool and work great.
Here's that vid.

oh maaannn i know it!! xD i have to fire it for 3 seconds to get it going when cold but once it goes it goes! i need to get a longer tip cuz the top cap gets crazy hot but the vapes from the claptons...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :D hell yeah! i tried making one when i started drippin single strand 28 at 1 ohm and i was vapin 70/30 mine how ever tasted like an F'n deep fryer xD after seein your vid i kinda wanna try it again but using a clapton this time hell u say it tastes good well good enough for me! probably work ok on the freakshow ok.. eh the cam wasnt too bad as long i as can see whats goin on its good xD thanks for sharing deffinitely goin to revisit this

TwistedWires

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here's that vid.

Hey man i finaly got the 40ga wrapped on the 25ga and i have to say im lovin the s#&t out of it 0.3Ω 4v 40w

Attachments

• 20150709_201329.jpg
    20150709_201329.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 20150709_231812.jpg
    20150709_231812.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 13
  • 20150709_231805.jpg
    20150709_231805.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 13

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
is that a sleeper Clapton or are there two separate coils? Looking cool! remember you want both glow evenly and from the inside out at the same time. I love my ceramic tweezers.

TwistedWires

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
is that a sleeper Clapton or are there two separate coils? Looking cool! remember you want both glow evenly and from the inside out at the same time. I love my ceramic tweezers.
2 coils they heat pretty evenly and alot faster than the other ones i had. man i keep meanin to buy ceramic tweezers it would make things alot easier lol

VU Sponsors