Become a Patron!

Blitzvape Intrepid RTA- Great Little Flavor RTA (w/wicking guide)

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
This is a great little RTA. It took forever to get across the pond but was very well worth the wait. I bought this and sharing in case anyone might be eyeballing it or in the market for a solid flavor RTA.

Here is what you get in the box:
5p32Hi8.jpg

You get the RTA w/bubble glass installed, a spare (straight) glass, 3 drip tips, a single and dual coil ceramic block, and some spare O-rings and screws.

The extras:
Sam6dh9.jpg

Mug shot (as Packaged):
JGlRD3S.jpg

With purple drip tip;
lZbA2eh.jpg

With Ultem (looking) drip tip:
MOE3umD.jpg

Top fill:
RKNPYeF.jpg

I wanted this thing because it claims big flavor and cloud chasing capabilities and because it has ceramic blocks that alter the air inlet to make both feel like it is built for them instead of having weird airflow issues by running it as a single coil when it was really designed for dual coil. The ceramic block idea is pretty clever and it actually works.

Single coil ceramic block (showing build deck):
8beaP85.jpg

This thing has a nice big build deck so you can put a large diameter, fat ass single coil build or a couple of decent sized coils for dualing it out.
ivWtJab.jpg

Dual coil ceramic block:
Io3l0K7.jpg

I decided to test this with a dual coil build using 22g NI80 w/ inside diameter 3mm. Building and positioning is super easy, plus the shape of the ceramic blocks make it easy to eyeball center with the coils. Dead center and low yielded the best flavor and the block really does guide the air around the coils to exploit all of the flavor goodness of the liquid.

Wicking this is stupid easy. I played around with a few different ideas for wicking and this one just worked, so its what I am going with.

FsIgXmz.jpg

Tucked in (top view):
ZubxTTF.jpg

Side view:
4eBcpu4.jpg

So what you are looking at here is a pretty thinned out wick. I left it taut at the coils (but moveable), then thinned it out towards the tips and trimmed the ends to where it would just barely touch the bottom deck. Then used a sewing needle to fold it over and tuck it down into the plug and then puffed it up so it does not lay on the deck or pack tight into the juice channel. Once all of it was in the juice channel I used the same sewing needle to spread it out and fill the channel and it just barely touches the bottom. This for me doesn't leak, it wicks quickly and doesn't gurgle. 0 issues to report like so after refilling at least 8-10 times

How does it work?
Really good as a flavor RTA and mediocre at best if cloud chasing is your thing. In the flavor department this thing does a superb job in terms of an RTA delivering flavor. Would I put it against a single coil RDA? Not a chance, but I would use it as a flavor chasing RTA for when out and about and not wanting to drip and drive or when sampling liquid goodness on the couch and not wanting to drip. On a scale of 1-10, in flavor it gets a solid 7 and for cloud chasing it gets a 5, which is nothing to write home about. It produces but not as well as others for the same money, if thats your game.

Airflow:
It has 3 bottom airflow channels to draw the air up in through the ceramic block. It works really well from wide open to about 1/2 closed. No whistle, no freight train. Just a smooth even draw. Whoever designed this did a good job with the airflow game.

Fit and finish:
This RTA has a solid fit, no wobble or wonk and the finish of mine is very good for a $30 RTA. The flip cap has a keeper that makes it feel crunchy when opening and closing and not unlike a cabinet door lock. Its kind of annoying but if it holds up it is completely functional and acceptable (in my opinion). I dislike the red o-rings and would prefer almost anything else and it comes with spares that are also red. I missed this in the photos so cant really fault the manufacturer, just think it looks kind of stupid and limits options if looks of it matter to you.

I really like that it comes with 3 drip tips because you will not be using 3rd party tips with this since it has a protruding post with silicon o rings to keep the tip in place . The black one is plastic, the purple is resin and the Ultem looking one isn't Ultem and looks a little cheap (in my opinion) and is probably dyed resin as well.

Just being picky the overall design is a little busy now that I have it in hand. The triangles around the base on the airflow ring are unnecessary with the little rounded rectangles at the top. Kind of looks like kindergarten math.

This thing has a protruding positive pin so it can be used on anything and it fits atop a 24mm tube exactly with no overhang so it works out and doesn't look goofy on a tube mod.

Overall I am very pleased with this RTA for a flavor chaser. Aside from a couple of cosmetic gripes it is a solid performer. Do hope this is useful for someone who might be eyeing this very decent little RTA.

Here is a link to the manufacturer page and you can get this pretty much everywhere.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Very nicely done !

Do you know the liquid capacity when using the bubble glass? I used your link to the manufacturers website & they show the straight glass & state capacity is 3.5ml.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT

Thanks Tom. Its a good little device and glad I picked it up.

Great write up jwill thanks for the info
Thanks Kingpin.

Very nicely done !

Do you know the liquid capacity when using the bubble glass? I used your link to the manufacturers website & they show the straight glass & state capacity is 3.5ml.

I do not, and it isnt listed anywhere. What I will do when I get done vaping down this tank is measure in the next tank and report back.

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the great review
This is a great little RTA. It took forever to get across the pond but was very well worth the wait. I bought this and sharing in case anyone might be eyeballing it or in the market for a solid flavor RTA.

Here is what you get in the box:
5p32Hi8.jpg

You get the RTA w/bubble glass installed, a spare (straight) glass, 3 drip tips, a single and dual coil ceramic block, and some spare O-rings and screws.

The extras:
Sam6dh9.jpg

Mug shot (as Packaged):
JGlRD3S.jpg

With purple drip tip;
lZbA2eh.jpg

With Ultem (looking) drip tip:
MOE3umD.jpg

Top fill:
RKNPYeF.jpg

I wanted this thing because it claims big flavor and cloud chasing capabilities and because it has ceramic blocks that alter the air inlet to make both feel like it is built for them instead of having weird airflow issues by running it as a single coil when it was really designed for dual coil. The ceramic block idea is pretty clever and it actually works.

Single coil ceramic block (showing build deck):
8beaP85.jpg

This thing has a nice big build deck so you can put a large diameter, fat ass single coil build or a couple of decent sized coils for dualing it out.
ivWtJab.jpg

Dual coil ceramic block:
Io3l0K7.jpg

I decided to test this with a dual coil build using 22g NI80 w/ inside diameter 3mm. Building and positioning is super easy, plus the shape of the ceramic blocks make it easy to eyeball center with the coils. Dead center and low yielded the best flavor and the block really does guide the air around the coils to exploit all of the flavor goodness of the liquid.

Wicking this is stupid easy. I played around with a few different ideas for wicking and this one just worked, so its what I am going with.

FsIgXmz.jpg

Tucked in (top view):
ZubxTTF.jpg

Side view:
4eBcpu4.jpg

So what you are looking at here is a pretty thinned out wick. I left it taut at the coils (but moveable), then thinned it out towards the tips and trimmed the ends to where it would just barely touch the bottom deck. Then used a sewing needle to fold it over and tuck it down into the plug and then puffed it up so it does not lay on the deck or pack tight into the juice channel. Once all of it was in the juice channel I used the same sewing needle to spread it out and fill the channel and it just barely touches the bottom. This for me doesn't leak, it wicks quickly and doesn't gurgle. 0 issues to report like so after refilling at least 8-10 times

How does it work?
Really good as a flavor RTA and mediocre at best if cloud chasing is your thing. In the flavor department this thing does a superb job in terms of an RTA delivering flavor. Would I put it against a single coil RDA? Not a chance, but I would use it as a flavor chasing RTA for when out and about and not wanting to drip and drive or when sampling liquid goodness on the couch and not wanting to drip. On a scale of 1-10, in flavor it gets a solid 7 and for cloud chasing it gets a 5, which is nothing to write home about. It produces but not as well as others for the same money, if thats your game.

Airflow:
It has 3 bottom airflow channels to draw the air up in through the ceramic block. It works really well from wide open to about 1/2 closed. No whistle, no freight train. Just a smooth even draw. Whoever designed this did a good job with the airflow game.

Fit and finish:
This RTA has a solid fit, no wobble or wonk and the finish of mine is very good for a $30 RTA. The flip cap has a keeper that makes it feel crunchy when opening and closing and not unlike a cabinet door lock. Its kind of annoying but if it holds up it is completely functional and acceptable (in my opinion). I dislike the red o-rings and would prefer almost anything else and it comes with spares that are also red. I missed this in the photos so cant really fault the manufacturer, just think it looks kind of stupid and limits options if looks of it matter to you.

I really like that it comes with 3 drip tips because you will not be using 3rd party tips with this since it has a protruding post with silicon o rings to keep the tip in place . The black one is plastic, the purple is resin and the Ultem looking one isn't Ultem and looks a little cheap (in my opinion) and is probably dyed resin as well.

Just being picky the overall design is a little busy now that I have it in hand. The triangles around the base on the airflow ring are unnecessary with the little rounded rectangles at the top. Kind of looks like kindergarten math.

This thing has a protruding positive pin so it can be used on anything and it fits atop a 24mm tube exactly with no overhang so it works out and doesn't look goofy on a tube mod.

Overall I am very pleased with this RTA for a flavor chaser. Aside from a couple of cosmetic gripes it is a solid performer. Do hope this is useful for someone who might be eyeing this very decent little RTA.

Here is a link to the manufacturer page and you can get this pretty much everywhere.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors