Become a Patron!

Black Note vs Real Tobacco Extract

Real Extract in Seattle

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Black Note can't hold a candle to Real Tobacco Extracts. I tried a number of Black Note flavors and, though tasty, I found them to be very over-diluted and weak in flavor strength. Real Extracts on the other hand is full flavored and full strength. The retail price for both is about the same but Real Extracts is a better experience and they ship to me priority mail for no cost. They arrive usually in about 3 days. I love the Real Extracts fruit tobacco blends as they are all natural, don't stink up the house and they satisfy my tobacco flavor demand like no other. These are the best naturally extracted tobaccos around to my experience - and I have tried many over the years.
Real Tobacco Extract - It is a great product that is worth the price.
Adam

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well I have to say blacknote doesn't seem to foul coils as easily as other NETs I've tried.

Real Extract in Seattle

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well I have to say blacknote doesn't seem to foul coils as easily as other NETs I've tried.
I would say that is true compared to most from what
I remember from a few years ago. I just received a free bottle with my Dicodes mod. I'll test it and see how it compares to Real Extracts .

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used to assume real-tobacco-extract was the same entity as naturally-extracted-tobacco.com, or whatever it is. Guess I was wrong. I've vaped tons of NETs -- Im a tobacco junkie -- and Ive never tried RTE. Ill have to give it a go sometime.

Real Extract in Seattle

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used to assume real-tobacco-extract was the same entity as naturally-extracted-tobacco.com, or whatever it is. Guess I was wrong. I've vaped tons of NETs -- Im a tobacco junkie -- and Ive never tried RTE. Ill have to give it a go sometime.
You are welcome to use the Vaping Underground discount code for 20% off: VU20

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You are welcome to use the Vaping Underground discount code for 20% off: VU20
Thank you. As a side note, ive found some that I really enjoy, but I've never found my ultimate NET...which for me, is the smell of freshly opened pack of cigarettes, or the smell of tobacco as I rode through downtown durham, NC as a kid...or the smell of a good mild-medium bodied cigar. Not smoking it, but the smell of it.

There are some that come close, but never hit it.

X-Puppy

Member For 4 Years
If you like NET's it doesn't get much better! :D

I've spent quite a bundle in my search as well and RTE is my permanent home. His extracts are really quite strong for cold extracted and the flavor is clean pure tobacco (rich full flavors). All the flavors are quite excellent though and the fruit mixes don't overpower the tobacco flavors either.

Just a regular happy and satisfied customer's opinion. Taste always being subject to personal opinion. Really-really good! :deadhorse:

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll certainly be giving it a shot shortly. As I said the only reason I never ordered from it before was I assumed it was just a sort-of sister site of, or an affiliate of naturally-extracted-tobacco.com , the guy in iowa

Real Extract in Seattle

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you. As a side note, ive found some that I really enjoy, but I've never found my ultimate NET...which for me, is the smell of freshly opened pack of cigarettes, or the smell of tobacco as I rode through downtown durham, NC as a kid...or the smell of a good mild-medium bodied cigar. Not smoking it, but the smell of it.

There are some that come close, but never hit it.
Might be your lucky day. I know what you mean about that fresh-pack fragrance. So my take on it is Old Tymey...
OLDTYMEY_LOWLABEL.JPG
Description: from the website

"Do you remember the smell of a fresh opened pack while opening the cellophane wrapper and tearing the foil? Well, that impression was intentional. That aroma was an added fragrance. We added that fragrance to our Burley and Virginia blended extract. It reminds me of my fathers Old Gold. Very nostalgic. It will surprise you what that natural fragrance is."

Opening a box of fresh Cubans is pretty memorable too.
I've never been to downtown Durham but when I've been working with the tobacco leaves in the lab I get sweet tobacco scent wafting for the rest of the day. Cured tobacco has a great fragrance.

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the tip -- ordering some of that tonight probably. Thanks for letting me know about the coupon. Prices are steep but if it's as good as you say, it could be worth it. Might get the extract.

Real Extract in Seattle

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the tip -- ordering some of that tonight probably. Thanks for letting me know about the coupon. Prices are steep but if it's as good as you say, it could be worth it. Might get the extract.
Well, if you do - you will never guess what the added natural fragrance is. It s surprising.

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
how did you find out what the fragrance note is? And are you willing to share what it is with the class? ;)
I always thought it smelled like raisins...or maybe a slight grape note. If you're going to tell me it's piss, or something weird, it'll destroy my whole tobacco universe.

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just ordered some old tymey! I am eager to try it. And, with the VU coupon, it's really not a bad price at all....especially being that I think it was free shipping? Anyway, looking forward to it. I still vape my NETs on one of my 2 magma RDAs, dual coils, 28g, about 8 wraps around (I believe) a 1.7 or so inner diameter.

Real Extract in Seattle

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
how did you find out what the fragrance note is? And are you willing to share what it is with the class? ;)
I owned a chemical product company for years where I was responsible for product development. Fragrancing was the fun part. It dawned on me one day what it was as I was working with *******. I try not to divulge the secret until after Old Tymey has been vaped as it can skew the original experience. I will say that it is an organic recognizable botanical once you are told but a mystery until then. Sorry.

Real Extract in Seattle

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just ordered some old tymey! I am eager to try it. And, with the VU coupon, it's really not a bad price at all....especially being that I think it was free shipping? Anyway, looking forward to it. I still vape my NETs on one of my 2 magma RDAs, dual coils, 28g, about 8 wraps around (I believe) a 1.7 or so inner diameter.
Thanks! Yep, free shipping Priority with tracking in the USA
BTW: I use a Kayfun, 3mm mineral (Ekowool hollow) wick, 1.2ohms, 26ga Kanthal at 12 watts. The natural extracts do not like high power.

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good plan -- I don't want to know until after I try it! Oh, 99% of NETs require at least a month to steep in my experience. What are the recommended steeping times for yours?

Real Extract in Seattle

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good plan -- I don't want to know until after I try it! Oh, 99% of NETs require at least a month to steep in my experience. What are the recommended steeping times for yours?
No steeping required. The extracts have been steeping for many months already.
We do add the nicotine on the way out the door so the clock starts ticking with the nic. with increased TH and darkening
They do mellow with ageing somewhat but steeping is not necessary in my opinion.
Others however have reported that they steep everything for a week or two and claim they improve.

VU Sponsors