Become a Patron!

Billet Box Education Thread...

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Probably need to turn the rba inside the Boro so the airflow hole lines straight up with the side of the mod. See if you can just spin the bottom where the air is. Towards the airflow slots on the mod not towards the door. Not sure.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Probably need to turn the rba inside the Boro so the airflow hole lines straight up with the side of the mod. See if you can just spin the bottom where the air is. Towards the airflow slots on the mod not towards the door. Not sure.

sorry Bro, thats not it. this Insider and the Exocet both did it. and this Insider has 4 holes and i used no airflow adjuster. so dem holes is wide open.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
sorry Bro, thats not it. this Insider and the Exocet both did it. and this Insider has 4 holes and i used no airflow adjuster. so dem holes is wide open.
MOD the door, drill holes or cut slots in front of boro if you are looking for max air. Putting the door on does reduce air as it forces intake to the side slots only.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
MOD the door, drill holes or cut slots in front of boro if you are looking for max air. Putting the door on does reduce air as it forces intake to the side slots only.

yeah, thats what i'm looking to do, slots inside the door/s. i also thought maybe to make the slots bigger. i have a mill, i can do it to make it look like it came that way, sept for the anodiz. and honestly, aluminum slots there would look cool.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
before you go modding your billetbox, I would look into other bridges or RBAs that are designed for more air.

Xeta - Odis Boxxer V2 (Good luck on this one ) - A Tank (drop in coils)

Heck, I'd much rather see you mod some China panels with 3 holes and then countersink those holes

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@jinx'd
Yeah, now that you mention it, the stock doors are solid and my Skull Candy ones have windows for the tank and the screen. There's a difference in airflow.

Be dern sure you want to do something permanent like mill out the holes in the mod. Personally, I wouldn't do that.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
guys, i understand your concern about modding. but this BoX has more tiny nicks than was shown in the selling pics. now, i am not complaining, still glad i bought it, and still like it. but i don't see resale value on this being up there, specialy it being a 40.
and honestly, i have no interest what so ever in selling about anything vape i have. all of my stuff has sentimental value to me.
so, if i mod it, as long as i like it, thats all that matters.

anyway, for now, i am going to leave it as is, or perhaps cut a slot in a door.

Reactions: CJ

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so, if i mod it, as long as i like it, thats all that matters.
That definitely is the point. My only concern would be that once it's milled out, if you don't wind up liking it, there's no going back. No easy way anyway.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
That definitely is the point. My only concern would be that once it's milled out, if you don't wind up liking it, there's no going back. No easy way anyway.

are you saying air flow wise ? or resale wise ?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
are you saying air flow wise ? or resale wise ?
Airflow. I don't really consider resale value in what I do with almost any of my stuff. I'm with you. I do what I think I may like most.

EDIT: OR just to experiment.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
door prices, i find kinda odd. with china prices, youd think a pair of cheapos would be under $10. but no, least not that i have seen.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
door prices, i find kinda odd. with china prices, youd think a pair of cheapos would be under $10. but no, least not that i have seen.
Why don't you mill a window for your screen out of the stock black ones? Would be better than altering the mod as a different set of doors would close it back up again.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Or even a row of holes right over the area where the positive pin is?

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Airflow. I don't really consider resale value in what I do with almost any of my stuff. I'm with you. I do what I think I may like most.

EDIT: OR just to experiment.

ok, then an airflow restrictor can adjust it down. (at least i think they can = i never tried).
or, i could just not hit it as hard.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Why don't you mill a window for your screen out of the stock black ones> Would be better than altering the mod as a different set of door would close it back up again.

i could, sure. but the stock ones just don't "do it" for me. maybe some day i will skin em, then i could mod em.
but these black swirly door = :inlove:. they are so nice i have not even thought to make stab doors. ok, maybe just a little...

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
if you are somebody who just CANNOT STAND messy setups and juice on your fingers, save your money. This one will make you want to hang yourself. It will improve some as you get to know the equipment, but the BB will always be messy. When I saw Todd saying the same thing in one of his BB gear reviews, I knew it wasn't just me being a BB noob. He's been working with them for like 5 years and he said exactly that himself. The design simply lends itself to a juicy mess and there's no way around it. Not a big deal to some and a deal breaker maybe to some others.
I felt I should clarify this from the first page. I also don't want to scare anybody off unnecessarily.

When I say it's juicy and messy, I don't mean as in pools and puddles and running down your elbows either. It's just that it's juicier and messier than most setups. You WILL be wiping off the parts and you WILL have juice on your fingers, and more than usual, and there's just no way to get around that.

I can rewick most rdas and rtas anymore with minimal mess. There's always SOMEthing, but a quick wipe down of the gear and my fingers and off we go. The Billet Box will be more than that no matter what.

Oh yeah. I'd love to know how Todd ( @mt01631 ) knew I was talking about him behind his back :rolleyes: I didn't even tag him. A regular lurkomatic deluxe that guy :D

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I felt I should clarify this from the first page. I also don't want to scare anybody off unnecessarily.

When I say it's juicy and messy, I don't mean as in pools and puddles and running down your elbows either. It's just that it's juicier and messier than most setups. You WILL be wiping off the parts and you WILL have juice on your fingers, and more than usual, and there's just no way to get around that.

I can rewick most rdas and rtas anymore with minimal mess. There's always SOMEthing, but a quick wipe down of the gear and my fingers and off we go. The Billet Box will be more than that no matter what.

Oh yeah. I'd love to know how Todd ( @mt01631 ) knew I was talking about him behind his back :rolleyes: I didn't even tag him. A regular lurkomatic deluxe that guy :D

i beg to differ, Sir. i, at least of yet, do not find it all that messy. hope i don't jinx myself.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know how you can work on this thing without making a mess. A talent I
clearly do not have.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I don't know how you can work on this thing without making a mess. A talent I
clearly do not have.

when i 'work" on it, there is no juice. well, a lil on the wick, and a tick on the rubber/glass. and so far, no real leaking.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
when i 'work" on it, ...
What exactly do you mean by "it."
So far I've worked on the Aspire adapter, the Vapeshell, the Insider and the Exocet. All of them have required putting my fingers inside the boro and in other ways directly handling the parts that sit in the juice. That means juice all over my fingers and some dripping on other stuff to some degree too. Maybe it just doesn't bother you as much as it would some others :)

...and so far, no real leaking.
No leaking here either. It's just that the design itself makes handling the wet parts unavoidable.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
What exactly do you mean by "it."
So far I've worked on the Aspire adapter, the Vapeshell, the Insider and the Exocet. All of them have required putting my fingers inside the boro and in other ways directly handling the parts that sit in the juice. That means juice all over my fingers and some dripping on other stuff to some degree too. Maybe it just doesn't bother you as much as it would some others :)

No leaking here either. It's just that the design itself makes handling the wet parts unavoidable.

nah dude. its basicly dry when i am building it. if i have to do something to it, i just rinse the juice out and start over. if there is juice in it, my fingers will not be.
to me, this is about the dryest tank i have used.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A tip, just in case anybody didn't know. A T5 torx bit works great in the metric allen head screws in the SXK Billet Box.

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi everybody. A BB newbie here. Did anybody in here use the Flow v2?? I am expecting one in a few days and I wanna know if it does MTL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi everybody. A BB newbie here. Did anybody in here use the Flow v2?? I am expecting one in a few days and I wanna know if it does MTL.
I did not see this post until just now, but no, I have no experience with the Flow 2 either. Sorry.

There is an established atmosphere in the appreciation thread among the BB vets that I didn't want to bog down with BB noob questions, so I figured it might be a good idea to start one with that specific pursuit in mind. This is no negative reflection on the other thread at all and of course I would welcome, indeed request their participation here. I hope that makes some sense.

This is a great idea. Although I am not yet a BB owner, I am still in the dark about the device and especially the terminology.

Honest initial impressions continued with some possible negatives.

Number one is if you are somebody who just CANNOT STAND messy setups and juice on your fingers, save your money. This one will make you want to hang yourself. It will improve some as you get to know the equipment, but the BB will always be messy. When I saw Todd saying the same thing in one of his BB gear reviews, I knew it wasn't just me being a BB noob. He's been working with them for like 5 years and he said exactly that himself. The design simply lends itself to a juicy mess and there's no way around it. Not a big deal to some and a deal breaker maybe to some others.

Next is if you expect it to sweep all your other equipment into instant obsolescence, (which I didn't) you'll probably be disappointed.

I am getting a great vape out of it now and I'm sure I'm not done chasing perfection in it for myself, and it will therefore get even better. That said, it will never be competition for an open cloudy dtl setup if that's your predominant style. I doubt it will ever shame the flavor of a good rda or rta either. Let's not kid ourselves. There's only so many ways to vaporize ejuice with an electronic heating element. Resistance coil, wick, juice, power, vapor. This one, like all the rest, cannot be utterly unique in accomplishing that task at that basic level.

It's not the easiest to work with, though not the biggest pain ever either, and a lot of that will depend on which setup you're working on at the moment. Drop in subohm coils, which most work about the same, but are more work than most subohm tanks, or one of the rba bridges which range from fairly easy to fairly frustrating (at first especially) depending on which one and how you're trying to build it.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something or just haven't learned some things yet, but there's also a host of topics that relate to whether we're talking about the BBV authentic or one of the SXK clones, and which one of those clones too.

As I say, somebody else can feel free to add to, amend or just plain correct anything I've said here. The Billet Box world really is a wide list of topics all by itself.

I will say one more thing for now. If you're into vaping toys and gadgetry because you love toying and twiddling with stuff? It's a must have.

What is a BBV authentic? SXK clone?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What is a BBV authentic? SXK clone?
Hey there :)

BBV = Billet Box Vapor. The designer and seller of the original and authentic Billet Box products.

SXK Clone = A well made Chinese clone, that while not up to the absolute build quality of the BBV authentic, is interchangeable with nearly all Billet Box parts and accessories, works and vapes identically and cost one third the price. The build quality is quite good though and it comes with a USB port for the DNA board whereas the authentic does not.

Which one goes with will depend on a few factors, but some people have both.

VU Sponsors