Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got the crossbow clone in today. A really nice tight mtl draw on this one. Juice flow holes are slightly bigger than the vape shell.
62115d26dc3f6b73b6a44b9384e315bb.jpg
a419d67f86dcb97a88d5f7df4da15ffb.jpg
23fa07d6da7a5304ee3a41c5b7bed148.jpg

Carpe Nidor
Looks good! Where did you find it? Authentics are sold out everywhere:gaah::cuss2:

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Looks good! Where did you find it? Authentics are sold out everywhere:gaah::cuss2:

I found it at fasttech. Just did a quick check and it’s not even listed anymore. No sold out or discontinued just nothing? It’s the kindbright version. 3f has a kindbright mtl rba for the bb with no picture. Same price as what I paid for it so maybe it’s the same? Or you could message them and ask for a photo?

Carpe Nidor

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I found it at fasttech. Just did a quick check and it’s not even listed anymore. No sold out or discontinued just nothing? It’s the kindbright version. 3f has a kindbright mtl rba for the bb with no picture. Same price as what I paid for it so maybe it’s the same? Or you could message them and ask for a photo?

Carpe Nidor
You may very well be one of the few to get this clone, even the links posted on VU by the 3F rep are going to the SXK Insider now.

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
You may very well be one of the few to get this clone, even the links posted on VU by the 3F rep are going to the SXK Insider now.

Man I hope not. I’m already thinking I might have to get another one. It’s pretty finicky on the wicking but the draw is perfect for me. I did get the kindbright inserts for the vape shell but I just rewicked and I don’t want to change my coil and cotton in that yet so I’ll have to wait to try those out. Oh who am I kidding. I’m probably going to change that out tomorrow evening when it’s time to refill the tank.

Carpe Nidor

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I tried the kindbright airflow inserts for the vape shell. The smallest one is too small. Supposed to be a .8mm? Not. Try to suck on that thing and your face caves in. Next size up is very tight. Tighter than the smallest hole on the nautilus tank. They get a little looser on the remaining two. I settled for the second largest of them. Worth the five bucks I paid for all of them.

Carpe Nidor

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man I hope not. I’m already thinking I might have to get another one. It’s pretty finicky on the wicking but the draw is perfect for me. I did get the kindbright inserts for the vape shell but I just rewicked and I don’t want to change my coil and cotton in that yet so I’ll have to wait to try those out. Oh who am I kidding. I’m probably going to change that out tomorrow evening when it’s time to refill the tank.

Carpe Nidor
Yeah crossbow kept being posted then pulled by multiple sites,
Not tried mine yet im about to order the EUC coil heads and outer coil adapter for my A boro, managed to get a few rbas,
Now looking for some full condensation plugs like last pic as these are sold out,
1b9fe69f7f4199bba4311b601189a301.jpg
f16e994c35b23061a8d855c300f14ae5.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Yeah crossbow kept being posted then pulled by multiple sites,
Not tried mine yet im about to order the EUC coil heads and outer coil adapter for my A boro, managed to get a few rbas,
Now looking for some full condensation plugs like last pic as these are sold out,
1b9fe69f7f4199bba4311b601189a301.jpg
f16e994c35b23061a8d855c300f14ae5.jpg

Message @Troy44. He makes those type of condensation plugs as well as panels.

Carpe Nidor

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Message @Troy44. He makes those type of condensation plugs as well as panels.

Carpe Nidor
I remember someone posting about them last year in sqounker bonkers group, but couldn't remember whom it was Thank you,
I will try to find him on group

Is he state side or EU im UK, ?

Troy44

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I remember someone posting about them last year in sqounker bonkers group, but couldn't remember whom it was Thank you,
I will try to find him on group

Is he state side or EU im UK, ?

Wrong person it's not me.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Hi guys,
After over a year of being on the fence I’ve finally pulled the trigger and ordered an SXK DNA60. Although I never posted, I’ve read through the majority of this thread and it seems like you guys have a nice little community here. I was wondering if anyone used the TweaKings dampless plugs before and if they help with the condensation issues? I’ve seen that some plugs will absorb the moisture and was curious if they do. Thanks guys.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi guys,
After over a year of being on the fence I’ve finally pulled the trigger and ordered an SXK DNA60. Although I never posted, I’ve read through the majority of this thread and it seems like you guys have a nice little community here. I was wondering if anyone used the TweaKings dampless plugs before and if they help with the condensation issues? I’ve seen that some plugs will absorb the moisture and was curious if they do. Thanks guys.
WELCOME! BE WARNED: Conversation goes off the rails quite a bit here!
Haven't used the Tweakings plug, but I've used @troydestroy's plugs and I can vouch for the fact that they a) absorb condensation and b) change the airflow depending on which one you choose. Shoot him a PM and I'm sure he'll get you sorted.
Let us know how you get on with your new BB!

Sent from the Death Star

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
BE WARNED: Conversation goes off the rails quite a bit here!
We have rails?
Welcome @Suddzy, grab a vape and a drink and settle in! I agree with the Shady one, @troydestroy 's plugs are good. Also, you should consider putting a piece of tissue paper between the tank and the mod (the back of the tank), it will make it easier to remove the tank when needed.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi guys,

Save your money and order yours from @troydestroy

Or if you really want to spend that much,order 2+ from Troy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks guys. Hopefully my BB should be delivered sometime today. Polar vortex really messed up my shipping.

Lol why stop there when I can a couple sets of panels too I wonder how deep this rabbit hole is??

Panels, inner panels, boro tanks, bridges, plugs, buttons, hybrid drip tips, flush 510 nuts... I'm sure there's more but that's just off the top of my head!

Sent from the Death Star

Panels, inner panels, boro tanks, bridges, plugs, buttons, hybrid drip tips, flush 510 nuts... I'm sure there's more but that's just off the top of my head!

Sent from the Death Star
I already ordered an exocet and an extra boro tank. I definitely have my eye on a few different accessories, but I need to be careful about ordering flush 510s and hybrid drip tips because the threading on the clone is different, right? Also, I can’t seem to find the MF bridge anywhere. SXK never cloned it did they?

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I already ordered an exocet and an extra boro tank. I definitely have my eye on a few different accessories, but I need to be careful about ordering flush 510s and hybrid drip tips because the threading on the clone is different, right? Also, I can’t seem to find the MF bridge anywhere. SXK never cloned it did they?
Nope no MF Bridge clone. The easiest place to find that is friendlyflipper.com.com, but shipping from Canada is pricey. Worth it, IMO though.

For the flush DT's stick with the JMK ones. They're the only ones that work on the clones but you're limited to SS or brass.

Sent from the Death Star

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No i dont believe the threaded tips fit but there is a tip and button maker that has the slots on the tip , so works as a key,
I come across on another forum,
The MF bridge they stopped making but some of the euc coils come with adapters so can use A-Boro type tank i think ,

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No i dont believe the threaded tips fit but there is a tip and button maker that has the slots on the tip , so works as a key,
I come across on another forum,
The MF bridge they stopped making but some of the euc coils come with adapters so can use A-Boro type tank i think ,

Oring s tips with 2 slots to grip the threaded top part of sxk BB i think its called the key tip,
1842dc2b9cf1fadad5297cdaa2f4a05a.jpg

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oring s tips with 2 slots to grip the threaded top part of sxk BB i think its called the key tip,
1842dc2b9cf1fadad5297cdaa2f4a05a.jpg

That's from Nolli Designs I think. Good option to avoid the whole hybrid thing.

Sent from the Death Star

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's from Nolli Designs I think. Good option to avoid the whole hybrid thing.

Sent from the Death Star
I have this tip , SKU 2239300 from fasttech at moment, comes in bunch of different colours , thats a pretty tight fit ,so it does allow me to unthread the top of sxk Billet box,
But will eventually pick up the one called the key ,
Also vapresso coils with adapter, ,
70b438bd1e2e13b5e884053347fafb06.jpg
fb1b03af7eeca42385ff51f531743f82.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll look when I get home but I have a couple mtl plugs I'm not using.

Hey what's up everyone? New member here. Is this a place where you dont get ridaculed for not buying an authentic bb? Hahah. My sxk arrives tomorrow! I'm enjoying this whole thread. I mainly vape nic salts allways I enjoyed building coils and wicking. High nic and nic salts are the only thing that's kept me off cigaretts the past 3 months. I dumped enough money in pod systems and cartedeges that you cant rewick and my rdas with 3mg just dont keep me off the cigaretts. I'm hoping this thing works out and really enjoying reading this thread just wanted to say what's up. I already have .7 nautilus coils 26guage wire for the rba. I haven't heard great success with the kanger rba but am hoping it will work enough until I order something better.

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Hey what's up everyone? New member here. Is this a place where you dont get ridaculed for not buying an authentic bb? Hahah. My sxk arrives tomorrow! I'm enjoying this whole thread. I mainly vape nic salts allways I enjoyed building coils and wicking. High nic and nic salts are the only thing that's kept me off cigaretts the past 3 months. I dumped enough money in pod systems and cartedeges that you cant rewick and my rdas with 3mg just dont keep me off the cigaretts. I'm hoping this thing works out and really enjoying reading this thread just wanted to say what's up. I already have .7 nautilus coils 26guage wire for the rba. I haven't heard great success with the kanger rba but am hoping it will work enough until I order something better.

Welcome to the rabbit hole. Nobody here will give you a hard time for any clone. I’ve got three sxk billets myself. Jump right in and join the madness with us. Just a word of warning though. We frequently get sidetracked by knives and anything else that is a true mtl style.
I’m running a 30/34 316L clapton in my kanger rba. Ohming out at 1.3ohms. I get a really good vape from that at 12 watts.
Congrats on being smoke free.

Carpe Nidor

Ok lol. Cool. Yeah that build sounds perfect. I work contruction and im in and out of machines all day battery life is probably awsome at 12 watts. I think this bb would be perfect once I figure it out. I been searching this whole thread it's like the billet box bible hahaha. Wondering if I should get a condensation plug it appears that's an issue with them. I mean I dont mind opening it up through out the day and wiping it down but I also dont want anything leaking on the board or anything.

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Ok lol. Cool. Yeah that build sounds perfect. I work contruction and im in and out of machines all day battery life is probably awsome at 12 watts. I think this bb would be perfect once I figure it out. I been searching this whole thread it's like the billet box bible hahaha. Wondering if I should get a condensation plug it appears that's an issue with them. I mean I dont mind opening it up through out the day and wiping it down but I also dont want anything leaking on the board or anything.

They are a very pocket friendly mod. Battery life and juice consumption is really good at that wattage. I run 6 or 9mg nic juice in mine. It satisfies the craving for me without having to vape a lot. You won’t win any cloud competition but the flavor is very good and vapor production is more than acceptable. I would definitely recommend dry plugs for it. With the kanger rba I just use a simple plug that sits at the front of the boro. There is also a member here that makes full plugs that absorb the condensation.

Carpe Nidor

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
BB's tend to leak more from user error than anything else.

RBAs not wicked right... owning a Odis Boxxer...premature filling...Boro leaking from not taking care of the o-rings etc.

They do condensate tho due to how the supplied air is channeled.

Good Luck!

Thanks -don-, I'll see how it goes tomorrow. I'm no stranger to building so hopefully it goes ok. Only time will I'm prepared for a little trial and erro. From what I read it's not allways easy but when everything goes well it seems worth it. Hopefully I dont find myself and my pocket covered in e-liquid lol. Thanks again for all the help. I'll keep reading through this thread for now and learn what I can in the meantime. Glad I found this forum and thread.

For the flush DT's stick with the JMK ones. They're the only ones that work on the clones but you're limited to SS or brass.

Sent from the Death Star
I’ll have to take a look at these. My concern is knocking a tooth out while driving or something lol.
I have this tip , SKU 2239300 from fasttech at moment, comes in bunch of different colours , thats a pretty tight fit ,so it does allow me to unthread the top of sxk Billet box,
But will eventually pick up the one called the key ,
Also vapresso coils with adapter, ,
70b438bd1e2e13b5e884053347fafb06.jpg
fb1b03af7eeca42385ff51f531743f82.jpg

Thanks for the info man. I’ll have to get myself a A tank and some of these coils. Even though I ordered an Exocet idk if I want to build or just stick to Kanger and aspire coils. I really like those panels!

Finally arrived last night! Man, for some reason I was expecting it to be bigger even though I knew it was small. I’m not complaining, but having never seen one in person and only seeing videos and pictures it still shocked me. Everything looks bigger in the up close table shots lol. haven’t been able to put this thing down since I opened it.

Attachments

• 2DB440C6-E4D7-479D-83CF-DE82FBCDE595.jpeg
    2DB440C6-E4D7-479D-83CF-DE82FBCDE595.jpeg
    803.7 KB · Views: 14

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to the Vu. No hate for clones here. Had a few myself

owning a Odis Boxxer...

Good Luck!
I was looking at these when Odis released the info and pictures. Initially I thought it would be awesome to have something more geared towards DL and lots of flavor. After really looking at it I wondered how the hell that thing wasn’t going to be a leaky mess. I used to love rdtas, but the mess wasn’t ever worth it for me especially after I found squonking.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was looking at these when Odis released the info and pictures. Initially I thought it would be awesome to have something more geared towards DL and lots of flavor. After really looking at it I wondered how the hell that thing wasn’t going to be a leaky mess. I used to love rdtas, but the mess wasn’t ever worth it for me especially after I found squonking.
Good video here on sxk odis uses PTFE tape on back stops the seeping from joints ,

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good video here on sxk odis uses PTFE tape on back stops the seeping from joints ,

On Fasttech they say the YFTK boxxer RBA is a leaky mess, it comes with odis style button and flush 510 thread but not sure if fits sxk version possibly for the YFTK Bbox they made would make sense, but plastic tank front instead of glass so leaks, which is shame,

Finally! Love it! Built a little .9 I read so much on here that everything went well. Thanks for this thread and everyone's post . This first little build is actually working really well no dry hits. It's been a very long time since I used a kanger rba i was worried i didnt use enough cotton but I so far so good no leaks and no dry hits. Why couldnt I find this years ago? The panels dont really fit that perfect but whatever. Got alot of playing around to do.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Finally! Love it! Built a little .9 I read so much on here that everything went well. Thanks for this thread and everyone's post . This first little build is actually working really well no dry hits. It's been a very long time since I used a kanger rba i was worried i didnt use enough cotton but I so far so good no leaks and no dry hits. Why couldnt I find this years ago? The panels dont really fit that perfect but whatever. Got alot of playing around to do.

:sarcasm:

upload_2019-2-6_15-8-28.png

Lol hope I didnt jump the gun. Lol I all it is way better than I expected. I was constantly thinking of this thing just pouring out juice all over. I tried to post a few pics dont know why it wont let me. . Honestly I could be very happy with just this kanger rba. Unreal. I'm sure I'm gonna have a few ishues. But I cant put it down I'm deff gonna get nic sick tonight. Gotta calm down.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lol hope I didnt jump the gun. Lol I all it is way better than I expected. I was constantly thinking of this thing just pouring out juice all over. I tried to post a few pics dont know why it wont let me. . Honestly I could be very happy with just this kanger rba. Unreal. I'm sure I'm gonna have a few ishues. But I cant put it down I'm deff gonna get nic sick tonight. Gotta calm down.

There is nothing wrong with the Kanger RBA. Are there better, sure I would say so...but if you're enjoying it with that RBA... it will only be incrementally better and more cash.

Example:

Kanger RBA = Good Vape -Arbitrary 7.5/10 - Came with the unit

Clone Insider = Damn good vape - Arbitrary 8.5 - Costs $17 - Constant rewicking and not consistent after so - Worth 10%

Clone Crossbow = Same as Insider

Clone blah blah, blah blah = 9/10 costs $20... worth 15%?

Thats the rabbit hole ;) Chasing % and it adds up fast.

TL;DR

If its good, leave it... If it ain't broke... ;)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I went all in when I had mine... seriously...

Started with the Authentic Insider... then the Exocet, bridges...ended up nailing down the finicky Insider...but it was never consistent and nothing I bought was the vape I truly wanted... just incrementally better and some just straight shit.

But that is my experience with it... others like the BB and what it offers. Its the wonderful thing about vaping... no 2 people vape the same, nor have the same acute tastes.

But what we all do share, especially those that went through it already and also all agree on... is don't chase %'s... if its good, pretty much leave it and perfect it.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why couldnt I find this years ago?
If you had found it years ago, it would've costed you $$$$ since the SXK clones have been around for a couple of years only. Before that it was authentics only! Like @~Don~ said, the rabbit hole is ever present. I found the MF bridge after spending lots on authentic Insider and such.

I hear ya, it's still early. I'm gonna do my best to avoid the rabbit hole. I'm thinking I should spend a lil money on a spare boro and o rings. I'm not really into the customizing. I have dumped so much money on pod systems I cant even count how many. For years I been looking for a pod system with a removable battery and the ability to rebuild. I still cant believe I never heard of this bb till a few weeks ago.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I went all in when I had mine... seriously...

Started with the Authentic Insider... then the Exocet, bridges...ended up nailing down the finicky Insider...but it was never consistent and nothing I bought was the vape I truly wanted... just incrementally better and some just straight shit.

But that is my experience with it... others like the BB and what it offers. Its the wonderful thing about vaping... no 2 people vape the same, nor have the same acute tastes.

But what we all do share, especially those that went through it already and also all agree on... is don't chase %'s... if its good, pretty much leave it and perfect it.
That and the fact that @~Don~ likes to start :poop:!:teehee: He got me started with the BB and now with the Dvarw!

VU Sponsors