Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well after 2 months of waiting, got my SXK 70W blue BB from 2fdeal, panels are different than the DNA 40W from the group buy here, sort of a distressed look to them, which I actually quite like and be easier to tell them apart, also got 4 more boro tanks, another exocet and a insider to now try too :)

PGio8gZ.jpg

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When it arrives since you don't have it yet. Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

TheSneakerWhore

Member For 4 Years
Looking for some help. My new to me BB has this error on the screen and does not hold a steady wattage. Any ideas? Authentic btw.
268da4f661f4cac4305492a876efed98.jpg

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone have condensation plugs?? Where would I be able to purchase a few?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
9c45d6e5664bb24111dcca00dfca7098.jpg

Can someone enlighten me as to what variant of BB is in this pic? Screen and buttons are placed differently, the tank looks way different, and it appears to be running off of a lipo. Looks sweet!

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looking for some help. My new to me BB has this error on the screen and does not hold a steady wattage. Any ideas? Authentic btw.
268da4f661f4cac4305492a876efed98.jpg

I think I read that if you run it down to 1 watt and hold the fire button, the DNA will show this screen to authenticate that it is a genuine DNA. IT's doing this every time you fire it?

TheSneakerWhore

Member For 4 Years
I think I read that if you run it down to 1 watt and hold the fire button, the DNA will show this screen to authenticate that it is a genuine DNA. IT's doing this every time you fire it?

Turns out after messing with it the down button on the board, not the physical button is constant. I have no idea where to begin fixing it .

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Turns out after messing with it the down button on the board, not the physical button is constant. I have no idea where to begin fixing it .

Weak sauce! Did you just get it? BBV should be able to swap out the board for you (hopefully free of charge considering what authentics go for).

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes they will so long as it's still under warranty.

TheSneakerWhore

Member For 4 Years
Weak sauce! Did you just get it? BBV should be able to swap out the board for you (hopefully free of charge considering what authentics go for).

Got it 2nd hand and the 1st owner did some mods. I've got it opened and in some rice just in case it was moisture. I hit up BBV to start the process. I actually paid below MSRP for it and tons of accessories but as it stands it isn't working.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got it 2nd hand and the 1st owner did some mods. I've got it opened and in some rice just in case it was moisture. I hit up BBV to start the process. I actually paid below MSRP for it and tons of accessories but as it stands it isn't working.

Good luck! Hope they take care of you

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes I know. Lol.

How in the hell did you find that? I followed your link through Tapatalk but couldn't find it via Chrome in any of their categories

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol. Honestly I found it once by accident and this time I knew they had them somewhere so I kept typing in search terms until it showed up.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

If the button board is bad. You can get a replacement from bbox. It's about $10. Just 4 tiny wires to solder.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When it arrives since you don't have it yet. Lol.

Came today. It's a nice dark green. My green and black panels arrive tomorrow so that's when I'll take some nudes of the billet

TheSneakerWhore

Member For 4 Years
If the button board is bad. You can get a replacement from bbox. It's about $10. Just 4 tiny wires to solder.

Sadly my solder skills suck since its been 15 years since I've had to do it. Ty for the heads up. I've contacted BBV to try and get a fix. I know there was a baby very recent so I do not expect a quick response. Trying to have another BB sent my way as well until this one is fixed.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

TheSneakerWhore

Member For 4 Years

Better yet, what's the easiest way to remove the chip? It looks epoxied in pretty good.

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love that green too.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Honestly, I'm not sure why they went with orange. They should have gone with red, blue, purple, and gray. I literally would have bought them all

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm thinking some purple panels would look excellent on the Dober

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That would look cool. The panels I'm getting have wood color brown and purple and blue do they should go with all my Billets

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That would look cool. The panels I'm getting have wood color brown and purple and blue do they should go with all my Billets

I was thinking about some dark wood ones myself. Hard to find them though without paying an arm and a leg!

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The exocet is an amazing RBA section. I don't quite have my wicking nailed yet but the flavor had been great with all of my attempts.
Anyone else using rayon? Can I see a pic of your wicking please. I just can't get it quite right. It leaked the 1st time and now I get occasional dry hits. I tried a 3mm coil the 1st time and this time I'm using a 2.5mm coil. I think I'm going to go back to the 3mm coil and just lighten up the tails a little more.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Rhody

Member For 4 Years
@jcash74 The exocet for me when I first got it and wicked it use to gurgle or leak until I did this...

2.5 or 3mm coil, wick it and leave about 1/4 inch on each side. Then I take one end of a tweezer and
"gently" poke the rayon or cotton back into the hole, especially around the edges. Do not pack it in there or it will
cause dry hits...... then I just trim off the excess, leaving about 1/8th inch on each side.
Juice up the wick inside and a drop on both sides and install into the tank

I've never had a problem since I started doing it this way. Hope that helps

By the way, love this thread !!

Last edited:

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was thinking about some dark wood ones myself. Hard to find them though without paying an arm and a leg!

Yes it is. I'm paying mine off in chunks. I owe $50 more then I'll be done. Yay!

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ryan Bell from Canadian Custom Vapes on Facebook. He's been super about letting me make payments

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ryan Bell from Canadian Custom Vapes in Facebook. He's been super about letting me maje payments

Oh I'll have to take a looksee! Thanks!

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ryan Bell is a master at blinging out billet boxes. He is also very good with electronics ... can fix or change any chip. He doies all sorts of different custom work for different mods. I had his panels on my VT Inbox in dark wood.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ryan Bell is a master at blinging out billet boxes. He is also very good with electronics ... can fix or change any chip. He doies all sorts of different custom work for different mods. I had his panels on my VT Inbox in dark wood.

What could I expect to pay? There's a local guy here who does stab wood panels with boro window, screen cutout, matching button and DT for $225. I may just save up for something to put on my Dober.

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine were $220 so yeah, I'd go with that.

VU Sponsors