Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So the more I use my BB, the more I want to use Nic-Salts and that concerns me.

I brought myself down to 1.5mg and finishing off the stock of 3mg I made (which I have 240-280mls left of 3mg) and running 2 squonks with 1.5mg in one and the 3mg in the other.

My concern being is I rather not vape higher concentrations of NicSalts in the BB... Yeah I know easy fix...just DON'T!... But that is the thing with me and the BB... I don't look or consider it my ADV nor use it as such... to me its been a glorified Breeze, which was what I primarily used NicSalts in. Right now I have 9mg loaded in the BB, and I don't get a buzz from it as I did; not that was the intent, just tolerate it very well; reminds me when I had dental work and they Nox'd me, they said to me candidly, "You do drugs before? You have a high tolerance, normally this much and normal people are already relaxed and out of it" I jokingly said, Turn that shit up its a party in here!. ( I did smoke a lot of weed as a kid, but nothing more potent...well I did but not addictive in the slightest...poor chink could only afford Fivers of pot here and there LOL) ... Anyway Maybe I just wanted to type out my concerns about jacking up the amount of Nic intake rather than the tool in which vaping has been to rid nic...

Yeah... after typing this out and coming back to the writings, I think I will just toss the juice I made with NicSalts above my 3mg, really not wanting to be hooked on that shit much longer than I planned. For I've noticed, I get the fix really quickly with NaCl but needing it more often, and that is no bueno.

Anyway, Happy 4th to you all, heading to the Olympic Park near the house for the fireworks... apologies for the wall of text.

TL;DR lower NicSalts to 3mg max or not at all anymore ;)

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
@So619Cal

I too am at 1.5mg freebase. Have been for about 18 months. I am going thru 120ml/week. If I reduce my nic level less than that and I am chain-vaping more than I am breathing clean air....

I wrote in the Bonkers thread a while back, that I tried Nic Salts to try and reduce my juice consumption...

I found with the salts, I could not tolerate higher than 4.5mg/ml concentration, for anything higher caused an insta-migraine nic-sick reaction, just like anything higher than 1.9mg/ml freebase.

Seems to me that Nic Salts are good for low-power devices (less than 10w) where you need a quick fix. I dont have an Aspire Breeze 2, but have been thinking about it, and for that I'd likely do the salts...

Sitting at home, (work from home), and chain vaping all day, I do not notice any difference. Still consuming 100ml/week with the salts... Maybe salts are good for if you are at work and need to step out and get your fix real quick....

For my 'normal' use, I am thinking to stay with the freebase, for reasons like yous aid of not INCREASING nic level, and also for me, not ADDING more chemicals in my body as per the salt nic composition vs. the freebase nic...

and yes, with the intent of EVENTUALLY getting rid of the nic addiction completely....

Like you, my intent for the BB was also to be like a glorified and fully rebuildable pod system with replaceable battery, and options for stock coils as well, and BTW, regulated and TC and OMG a DNA chip...

So when I look at the Breeze 2 for ~$30, it's kind of a mess because I'd have to buy 2 of them so one is in use while one is charging, and I've not seen the replacement pods/tanks available yet while you can still get the coils easily, so I'd want a spare tank to have on hand...backups, ya know...so $60 for 2 units and what, another $12-15 for a 5-pack of coil heads...

roughly $75 all-in....

and we are pretty close to getting another SXK BB, which can take Kanger (SSOCC/OCC) and Aspire (Nautilus) coils out of the box (both are proven to 'work' well) as well as the Kanger-style RBA head...

so this question has been circling in my mind as well for some time now...

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wouldn't sweat it too much. You are vaping an extremely low Nic content, salts or otherwise.

Was mostly concerned about vaping 9mg and my tolerance adjusting to that in comparison to conventional Nic at 1.5/3mg...I was vaping the 9mg more frequently... fix was great...I am sure its probably a wash with how much is absorbed vs time vaping...but going to err on the side of caution and just stay with conventional 1.5mg/3mg...plus always makes me sneeze at first lol

I've tossed it all today... all NicSalt based liquid I had mocked up... minus the 30ml bottle I have of 24mg for my breeze...which I only use once in a blue moon. I'll just stick with Conventional Nic Base for the 99% of my vaping needs...

@So619Cal

I too am at 1.5mg freebase. Have been for about 18 months. I am going thru 120ml/week. Less than that and I am chain-vaping more than I am breathing clean air....

I wrote in the Bonkers thread a while back, that I tried Nic Salts to try and reduce my juice consumption...

I found with the salts, I could not tolerate higher than 4.5mg/ml concentration, for anything higher caused an insta-migraine nic-sick reaction, just like anything higher than 1.9mg/ml freebase.

Seems to me that Nic Salts are good for low-power devices (less than 10w) where you need a quick fix. I dont have an Aspire Breeze 2, but have been thinking about it, and for that I'd likely do the salts...

Sitting at home, (work from home), and chain vaping all day, I do not notice any difference. Still consuming 100ml/week with the salts... Maybe salts are good for if you are at work and need to step out and get your fix real quick....

For my 'normal' use, I am thinking to stay with the freebase, for reasons like yous aid of not INCREASING nic level, and also for me, not ADDING more chemicals in my body as per the salt nic composition vs. the freebase nic...

and yes, with the intent of EVENTUALLY getting rid of the nic addiction completely....

Like you, my intent for the BB was also to be like a glorified and fully rebuildable pod system with replaceable battery, and options for stock coils as well, and BTW, regulated and TC and OMG a DNA chip...

So when I look at the Breeze 2 for ~$30, it's kind of a mess because I'd have to buy 2 of them so one is in use while one is charging, and I've not seen the replacement pods/tanks available yet while you can still get the coils easily, so I'd want a spare tank to have on hand...backups, ya know...so $60 for 2 units and what, another $12-15 for a 5-pack of coil heads...

roughly $75 all-in....

and we are pretty close to getting another SXK BB, which can take Kanger (SSOCC/OCC) and Aspire (Nautilus) coils out of the box (both are proven to 'work' well) as well as the Kanger-style RBA head...

so this question has been circling in my mind as well for some time now...

The breeze I bought ( original ) was $13 shipped, and I bought it for the intended purpose of stealth when with family/friends that don't vape... otherwise I use one of my other mods which I prefer.

I do appreciate the feedback from you both though...think I will just stick with whats good and has been working ;) rather than try and reinvent the wheel.

Which I guess would bring me to really keeping the BB in the long run...lol

EDIT: wow had to go through the quote from RZ that was slightly goobered, and fix the quotation of me, my replay was odd looking

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
EDIT: wow had to go through the quote from RZ that was slightly goobered, and fix the quotation of me, my replay was odd looking

LOL! Sorry, I fixed it now.

I have a pod system from a company named STLTH Vape that's using 35mg nic salts. Very low powered but a few puffs and it kicks your ass.

I know the end game for me is to quit all this stuff. I LOVED smoking, I really really enjoyed it and figured I would never quit. Almost 4.5 years smoke free, and it still amazes me every day not smoking. I enjoy vaping, and glad it's a healthier alternative to smoking, but I know it's not as good as not being dependant on anything.

Sometimes when mixing juice I get the urge to add more nic than necessary. I have to remind myself that the nic fit is temporary.

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kinda OT but...

I picked up a Boulder Rock when ordering the wife some ZIIP pods for her JUUL.

I'm assuming the included juice is shit and haven't opened but the device for $10 isn't bad at all. Bigger than a JUUL but more battery and higher pod capacity with refillable pods ($7 for 2 empty pods). Plus it has USB A for direct charging with no adapter.

Figured I'd share as several here are into salts and also DIY :)
cb1a2bafcbed5ba50167c04a5a1593e2.jpg

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kinda OT but...

I'm assuming the included juice is shit and haven't opened but the device for $10 isn't bad at all. Bigger than a JUUL but more battery and higher pod capacity with refillable pods ($7 for 2 empty pods). Plus it has USB A for direct charging with no adapter.

How are those ZIIP pods? My wife LOVES the Juul cool mint ones but the price is killing me lol!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How are those ZIIP pods? My wife LOVES the Juul cool mint ones but the price is killing me lol!

Just got em yesterday... The JUUL is new to my wife and the standard pods are too high nic. A friend had the strawberry milk ZIIP and the wife liked. So i got 1.8mg. flavor is good... That's all I know so far.

I can give more feedback after she gets more use, but i doubt she'll kill a pod in less than 2 weeks. Very low use...

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Only time I use my juul now is when I'm in a factory working. Can sneak a toke anytime. But everywhere else my silver bb is the MTL for me

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only time I use my juul now is when I'm in a factory working. Can sneak a toke anytime. But everywhere else my silver bb is the MTL for me

Just bought two MF bridges shipped for $63 and change through a group buy. Probably won't see them before September though...

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just bought two MF bridges shipped for $63 and change through a group buy. Probably won't see them before September though...

Damn. Worse than China. Lol

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn. Worse than China. Lol

Yeah but they're made to order so it's understandable. I may see them in August but that's okay. I've got stuff to keep me vaping for a while!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I paid for mine today too...

This little note...

upload_2018-7-6_6-15-25.png

At least I don't have to buy the coils yet lol

Don't like that the site isn't secured though...although the PayPal was secured.

But that is also the same for VU and many other sites

upload_2018-7-6_6-17-27.png
upload_2018-7-6_6-17-53.png
upload_2018-7-6_6-18-25.png

Funny thing is, I bought the Fully MTL Kit...figured why not, it was only a few bucks more.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hopefully in the next week they make the MOQ... otherwise we wont get them at all and refunded August 4th lol

Had interest in the group well over 80, but you know how people are...

upload_2018-7-6_6-23-28.png

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

This little note...

View attachment 115113

Don't like that the site isn't secured though...although the PayPal was secured.

View attachment 115114
View attachment 115115
View attachment 115116

Funny thing is, I bought the Fully MTL Kit...figured why not, it was only a few bucks more.
Great price. Now I'm a bit confused on the coil heads. I want to 1.3 ohm ceramic ones... I see them listed as "Mini EUC coils," "Drizzle Eco Coils," and just plain old "EUC coils."

I bought them from Fasttech per Brew's link but if I want to buy them stateside I want to be sure I'm getting what will work.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Shit I'll be throwing that code up all over the damn place. They only needed 30 right?

i think that was the original MOQ... but I would have to assume after it jumped passed 70, homie probably needed more upfront cash to pay for it. (MF.eu)

MOQs are generally set to cover costs, 30 probably wont cover his production costs of 90... but wtf i know lol

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

This little note...

View attachment 115113

View attachment 115114
View attachment 115115
View attachment 115116

See I don't want to buy anything not already produced. I'd wait and just pay extra for one of yours.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great price. Now I'm a bit confused on the coil heads. I want to 1.3 ohm ceramic ones... I see them listed as "Mini EUC coils," "Drizzle Eco Coils," and just plain old "EUC coils."

I bought them from Fasttech per Brew's link but if I want to buy them stateside I want to be sure I'm getting what will work.

I got the ones from ft. Ordered the .5 for the sleeve and the 1.3 for use

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
See I don't want to buy anything not already produced. I'd wait and just pay extra for one of yours.

If it's as good as Brew says you may not want to hold your breath!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well then... Noticed they had a few in stock, added the discount code for those that were in stock...will get that one sooner I guess ;)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
upload_2018-7-6_7-20-29.png

Guess 2 is good. Might as well order those coils, since it will be about the same time one of them arrive

or not LOL... was just refunded for the other one haha.. #466

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

It's the Drizzle coils, once you get a pack and look at them, you'll see the difference.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Kinda OT but...

Thanks for sharing this info. How tight is the draw on the Boulder Rock?

Can you do a restricted DTL hit, or is it too tight for that?

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The difference between the 1.3 ceramic/1.4 traditional MTL coils and the lower resistance (0.3, 0.4, 0.5 ohms) EUC coils is that the MTL coils are more of a traditional coil, they don't have a thread-in upper and lower sleeve. BTW, I like the 1.3 ceramic coils much more so than the 1.4 traditional coil.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Just wanted to share...

I called Gas City Vapes and spoke to one of the managers there, who was super nice on the phone, and asked if/when they might restock the SXK Kanger bridge:

https://www.gascityvapes.com/collec...xk-billet-kanger-bridge?variant=4473139691561

Which with the exchange rate from CAD to USD, comes out to ~$7 ea.

He told me that supply died off with the previous supply of non-USB SXK BB clones, and that he expects and 'hopes' that SXK will ramp up production of more accessories as per their past habits, and maybe we will see a new production run of the SXK Kanger bridges.

he also informed me that just last week, they sold off the last of the non-USB SXK BB clones, and that the new iteration with USB has been selling very fast since they were released, and they just placed an order for more since the stock is running low.

Gas City Vapes is where I got my first SXK BB clone (rat black) on March 6th, and received from Alberta, Canada to NJ in just 9 days.

They also have the new SXK BB clone with USB, which after currency conversion from $149 CAD comes out to $114 USD, so if you dont mind spending a little bit more, you can get one faster than shipped from China. :)

I plan to check Gas City Vapes site weekly (if I can remember) and see if/when the Kanger bridges are in stock and will post here when I see that they are.

Otherwise, right now the only other option I know about for the Kanger bridge is from Atmistique, for the BilletBridge Sport:

https://www.atmistique.gr/en/product/atmistique-billetbridge-sport/

Which sells for $20 Euros, or ~$24 USD after currency conversion.

All of the above prices do not include shipping costs, which will be extra.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just wanted to share...

I called Gas City Vapes and spoke to one of the managers there, who was super nice on the phone, and asked if/when they might restock the SXK Kanger bridge:

https://www.gascityvapes.com/collec...xk-billet-kanger-bridge?variant=4473139691561

Which with the exchange rate from CAD to USD, comes out to ~$7 ea.

He told me that supply died off with the previous supply of non-USB SXK BB clones, and that he expects and 'hopes' that SXK will ramp up production of more accessories as per their past habits, and maybe we will see a new production run of the SXK Kanger bridges.

he also informed me that just last week, they sold off the last of the non-USB SXK BB clones, and that the new iteration with USB has been selling very fast since they were released, and they just placed an order for more since the stock is running low.

Gas City Vapes is where I got my first SXK BB clone (rat black) on March 6th, and received from Alberta, Canada to NJ in just 9 days.

They also have the new SXK BB clone with USB, which after currency conversion from $149 CAD comes out to $114 USD, so if you dont mind spending a little bit more, you can get one faster than shipped from China. :)

I plan to check Gas City Vapes site weekly (if I can remember) and see if/when the Kanger bridges are in stock and will post here when I see that they are.

Otherwise, right now the only other option I know about for the Kanger bridge is from Atmistique, for the BilletBridge Sport:

https://www.atmistique.gr/en/product/atmistique-billetbridge-sport/

Which sells for $20 Euros, or ~$24 USD after currency conversion.

All of the above prices do not include shipping costs, which will be extra.
What do the sxk Kanger bridges go for? I've got 2 sxk Kanger and 1 yftk Kanger that I won't use. The sxk look to be 2mm longer than the yftk. Not sure if they're interchangeable to different brands. But I'm willing to sell them.
0db3643c787a29d35e4c278e9dee9d7e.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When you guys buy new panels for your bb do you keep the old panels? Thought about selling my 2 black pair but couldn't figure anyone would buy the black panels.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm probably going to sell my authentic in favor of a SXK RPG. I'm having a hard time justifying keeping it just to use threaded drip tips. Literally everything else fits and functions just as well with the added convenience of USB.
Best part is that I can sell it, grab a couple JMK tip/button sets and STILL bank $100 (That will probably go towards panels from Troy. Dammit.)

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm probably going to sell my authentic in favor of a SXK RPG. I'm having a hard time justifying keeping it just to use threaded drip tips. Literally everything else fits and functions just as well with the added convenience of USB.
Best part is that I can sell it, grab a couple JMK tip/button sets and STILL bank $100 (That will probably go towards panels from Troy. Dammit.)

What color is the authentic? Hmmm? Lol I was hoping to sell more squonk stuff than I did before Saturday. Maybe next Saturday then.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
What do the sxk Kanger bridges go for? I've got 2 sxk Kanger and 1 yftk Kanger that I won't use. The sxk look to be 2mm longer than the yftk. Not sure if they're interchangeable to different brands. But I'm willing to sell them.
0db3643c787a29d35e4c278e9dee9d7e.jpg

As per the link in my above post, the SXK Kanger bridges from Gas City Vapes are $7.99 Canadian, or ~$6.80 USD.

If you would sell them, send me a PM so we can discuss as I would definitely buy them all from you for a fair price.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
When you guys buy new panels for your bb do you keep the old panels? Thought about selling my 2 black pair but couldn't figure anyone would buy the black panels.

I keep my old panels.

If you are willing to let yours go, I will buy them from you.

Maybe we can do a package deal for the 3x Kanger bridges and 2x sets of black panels. :)

Please PM me to discuss.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What color is the authentic? Hmmm? Lol I was hoping to sell more squonk stuff than I did before Saturday. Maybe next Saturday then.

It's the Royal Purple Grey (RPG).

I would include the button and drip tips from Tripple C. Probably $300 for the package shipped. I probably have some other goodies to throw in too.
39aa5db3991a9ffe73aa77241a48b8de.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So my wife wants one of my billets. Lol she has a rarely used penguin that I loaded some 12mg nic salts in tonight. She hit my billet the other day and liked the flavor. I told her if she could go a week and I notice that she's used the penguin more I'll give her one. I'll be able to tell because I refill it. Lol.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FYI:

** LATE 4TH SALE **

Since I'm late, the code will run through the entire weekend!

Get 20% off your entire order with code: JMKLATE4TH2018

Starts: 7/7/18 12:00AM CST
Ends: 7/8/18 11:59PM CST

Gotta wait up til 1am to get the damn sale. Just to be sure I get a button. Lol

And done. SS dome button for 20 shipped.

Last edited:

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
FYI:

** LATE 4TH SALE **

Is that sale for JMK Tips web site, or elswhere?

Please advise. :)

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Jmk website. Started at 1am eastern time.

Thanks for the confimation.

That means that his Brass and SS threaded drip-tips for the BB drop from $28 to $22.40 USD after the 20% off. :)

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FYI:

** LATE 4TH SALE **

Right on... I had a set in the cart. Glad i held off on pulling the trigger :)

VU Sponsors