Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Get a Pico Squeeze 2 and use it?:teehee:
How did the BB do on your outing? Did it carry its weight?
On a somewhat related tangent, the Insider MTL + TP (*tm) are juuust about right for my idea of MTL, wish it was a bit tighter but it is livable......just my thoughts, if you don't care about building coils and are fine with dropping in a pre made, save your $150 from the Insider or better yet, add $20 to that and get a MF full kit and a SXKUSBBB:cheers:

Worked out great...this is my total juice expenditure today with the BB...
12937e07830a7f06789eddf2f2aab52a.jpg

I think a way they could help those who want a tighter draw on the BB regardless of Bridge or atomizer is to have the 510 hole smaller...always wondered why this wasn't a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Worked out great...this is my total juice expenditure today with the BB...
12937e07830a7f06789eddf2f2aab52a.jpg

I think a way they could help those who want a tighter draw on the BB regardless of Bridge or atomizer is to have the 510 hole smaller...always wondered why this wasn't a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I keep thinking that too. The other thing would be a "sleeve" around the coil's post/pin restricting air flow before it even makes it thru the coil.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I keep thinking that too. The other thing would be a "sleeve" around the coil's post/pin restricting air flow before it even makes it thru the coil.

Here is an idea ;) Silly as it is...

@troydestroy design a slim-lined plug for the AF... where one can pick 1 or 2 holes open... to close off 1 hole, one plug...then a 2 hole plug, or something that fits in the 2 outer but leaves the center hole open etc. Call it the KWYJIBO

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Heh, probably cut out one of those shitty tank bands from long ago with an X-Acto knife to fit in there all flush

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is an idea ;) Silly as it is...

@troydestroy design a slim-lined plug for the AF... where one can pick 1 or 2 holes open... to close off 1 hole, one plug...then a 2 hole plug, or something that fits in the 2 outer but leaves the center hole open etc. Call it the KWYJIBO

Well, yah....that's the idea. Something very much like the mtl bits from the MF bridge.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You guys that mtl vape really got the idea. I've used this aspire setup for the last 6 hours. The battery has barely moved and the juice is about the same way. Really liking this setup.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You guys that mtl vape really got the idea. I've used this aspire setup for the last 6 hours. The battery has barely moved and the juice is about the same way. Really liking this setup.

You ain't seen nothing yet....till you try the MF MTL kit! And I ain'i just whistlin' dixie!

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure they'd work, the bottom part is different. I'll give it a try/look tomorrow if time permits.
Would be great to know if you get time. Might would solve my MTL issues.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Would be great to know if you get time. Might would solve my MTL issues.

well, had a few spare minutes, now I can tell you with certainty, the MTL EUC coils do not fit in any of the Aspire bridges. These coils are about 2/3 to 3/4 the diameter of the Aspire coils ( I mean the Aspire bvc and Nautilus). Sorry folks, the MF bridge still has the mtl crown.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well, had a few spare minutes, now I can tell you with certainty, the MTL EUC coils do not fit in any of the Aspire bridges. These coils are about 2/3 to 3/4 the diameter of the Aspire coils ( I mean the Aspire bvc and Nautilus). Sorry folks, the MF bridge still has the mtl crown.
But the EUC coils I linked to have an Atlantis sleeve or shell to house the cores/coils. So that's why I thought the A-Tank might work

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Frosted panels from FT are coming today, if all goes according to this:

Tracking History
July 2, 2018, 8:37 am
Out for Delivery​

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But the EUC coils I linked to have an Atlantis sleeve or shell to house the cores/coils. So that's why I thought the A-Tank might work

The EUC standard coils are designed to fit inside a sleeve. You can get the sleeve in coil packs. I don't have one... But yes i also found the same information on Reddit about the EUC w/sleeve making it a Atlantis compatible coil. Huh...
8023ceddff7ee433fe5380000af63d51.jpg

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The EUC standard coils are designed to fit inside a sleeve. You can get the sleeve in coil packs. I don't have one... But yes i also found the same information on Reddit about the EUC w/sleeve making it a Atlantis compatible coil. Huh...
8023ceddff7ee433fe5380000af63d51.jpg
I don't see why the 1.3 coils wouldn't fit. I'm just not sure it would make for a good MTL option bc of the airflow in the base of that adapter.

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't see why the 1.3 coils wouldn't fit. I'm just not sure it would make for a good MTL option bc of the airflow in the base of that adapter.

The 1.3 will fit it it uses the same adapter. @BrewBear is concerned it won't fit because the standard EUC coils linked above are quite different from the MTL EUC coils pictured below
98f42777f5dad2cbf2bd44c62af2f9f5.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can only find the ,5 euc with sleeve. No 1.3 packs. That sucks. I guess buy a 5pack of the .5 to get the sleeve

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can only find the ,5 euc with sleeve. No 1.3 packs. That sucks. I guess buy a 5pack of the .5 to get the sleeve

That was my plan as it would be a lot cheaper than the MF Bridge. BTW, got a message early this morning that he has 5 in stock...

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That was my plan as it would be a lot cheaper than the MF Bridge. BTW, got a message early this morning that he has 5 in stock...

Yea I got a pack of .5 for the sleeve and I can use the coils in my a-tank if needed. But got the 1.3 also

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It will be interesting to see how this works for you guys. Keep in mind the MF bridge has a bottom adapter that further reduces the air flow to the coil, it doesn't rely on the air channel in the coil pin. I really hope it works.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
SXK USB-BBs $98.10 with Freedom code at FT (10% off everything code)

Edit: Wish I could grab one...but I hate Biodegradable Rubber lol ;)

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
SXK USB-BBs $98.10 with Freedom code at FT (10% off everything code)

Edit: Wish I could grab one...but I hate Biodegradable Rubber lol ;)
DAMMIT!!!

I already have 2 SXK BB's. None with built-in USB port tho....must...resist...nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
DAMMIT!!!

I already have 2 SXK BB's. None with built-in USB port tho....must...resist...nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

I don't want to resist, but the hate I have for biodegradable rubber has me unable to buy one, or much of anything for a little while sadly.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I don't want to resist, but the hate I have for biodegradable rubber has me unable to buy one, or much of anything for a little while sadly.
What is this all about? You've mentioned this a few times. Not sure if you are being funny, or if there is some Vulcanization going on here? Please, do tell...:)

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
For those wanting in on the FB buy for the MF MTL/Regular Kits (Vaporesso EUC bridge)

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd7JD4AhmmacmACH0J4Ovxe0soHQ7eW0T6O3U2HSzQKDtGcCw/viewform

What the doc is now, is just to get an accurate quantity for modfactory to have produced and commitment with intent to buy. They aren't taking payments and will be paid directly to MF once ready.

Prices are shown in the doc, which is less than directly bought.

hi5
So the video shows an adapter for the 0.3 Ohm coil, and then a reducer for top and bottom of (and uses) the 1.3 Ohm coil, but in the Google form, it offers, BASIC or FULL kit....which is the restricted DTL or 0.3 Ohm as per the options of BASIC or FULL?

I am very confused - please advise and ELI5. I've been awake 30 hrs no sleep as of now...

Thanks...

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So the video shows an adapter for the 0.3 Ohm coil, and then a reducer for top and bottom of (and uses) the 1.3 Ohm coil, but in the Google form, it offers, BASIC or FULL kit....which is the restricted DTL or 0.3 Ohm as per the options of BASIC or FULL?

I am very confused - please advise and ELI5. I've been awake 30 hrs no sleep as of now...

Thanks...
The Basic kit does not include the airflow reducer pieces. You could still use EUC coils, but not for MTL. If a direct lung hit is what you're after the Basic Kit should suit your needs.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What is this all about? You've mentioned this a few times. Not sure if you are being funny, or if there is some Vulcanization going on here? Please, do tell...:)

My BMW M-Sport is in the shop having all the biodegradable rubber replaced... hoses, suspension bushings belts etc... All German imports have Bio-rubber and they need replacing on regular intervals more frequently than lets say a Toyota or Honda (12 Years vs 7 years for example) and my BMW is 8 years old.

Thanks...

Video is just them showing install, coil choice is yours alone to utilize.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This will be fun tomorrow evening

View attachment 114883
Looks good. I'm stuck cooking at the smoker all day. I actually like doing that, gonna try pulled pork sandwiches with grilled pineapple rounds instead of coleslaw.
Vaping related, I like the SXKUSBBB, like the RBA though it is a bit of a PITA to build. I have a 3.0mm ID, 30x2/38 SS coil in it, 7 wraps at 0.59 ohms and 28.7 watts in TC. Liking it...

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Out of curiosity, I built the Kanger RBA with spaced 26g 316SS 2.5mm at about 0.35ohms. It's even better than the Kanger SS0CC coils. Temp control seems to be a little more accurate. 450F feels warmer on the RBA than the SSOCC coils. Wanted to get away from building, but the RBA kicks the premade coil butt.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Well, as indicated by tracking, the frosted panels arrived on Monday. They are nicer than I had expected. They are quite opaque, and have a sort of rubbery outer texture which I like. The inside surface is smooth though.

The frosted function blurs the display such that you cannot read the screen, but can see the juice level and battery level, so I am good with that. I am quite happy with these. :)

I also went to a local B&M and got a 5-pack of the 0.7 Ohm Nautilus 2 coil heads so I could try the included Nautilus bridge that came with the SXK clone. Draw is just a hair tighter than I would like. The vertical coil inside has about a 2.5mm ID, and only 2x 2mm air holes in the base positive pin.

I disassembled on and rebuilt it with a 3.7mm ID coil, and still the air flow is very tight, so I think it is limited by the holes in the pin at the bottom.:sad:

The Kanger SSOCC coil heads have about 2x the airflow of the Nautilus 2 heads IMHO. This, methinks these Nautilus 2 heads are definitely MTL territory.

Last edited:

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
The Basic kit does not include the airflow reducer pieces. You could still use EUC coils, but not for MTL. If a direct lung hit is what you're after the Basic Kit should suit your needs.

Thanks for the reply and explanation. Since this is a limited run of the MF kit, I am thinking maybe I should buy the full kit and at least try the MTL option, and if I find it's not for me, I can always offer it up in part or whole to you guys here...

My BMW M-Sport is in the shop having all the biodegradable rubber replaced... hoses, suspension bushings belts etc... All German imports have Bio-rubber and they need replacing on regular intervals more frequently than lets say a Toyota or Honda (12 Years vs 7 years for example) and my BMW is 8 years old.

Oy! German cars are great tho! I had a 1998 VW Jetta GL, 5-speed stick shift. LOVED that car until the transmission had to be replaced under warranty at 20k miles. they replaced the trans at no cost, but the car was never the same after that and spent as much time in the shop as it did on the road. Despite all that, I drove that car for 15 yrs until the repair costs became too much and then had some charity come and tow it away for a tax deduction. Great car though.

I looked at the BMW 3-series at the time when I bough the VW, and could not justify 3x the cost up front, nor 3x the monthly payments, but my sisters both drive a BMW and they have nothing but nice things to say, but they lease them and 'upgrade' to a new car every 2 yrs so likely they have not seen any maintenance issues.

Video is just them showing install, coil choice is yours alone to utilize.

Thanks for the detailed info. Seems that with the full kit you get the option for either DTL or MTL.

Is anyone using the 0.3 Ohm EUC coil heads? How is the draw, loose, slightly-restricted, or defo MTL feeling?

Last edited:

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Out of curiosity, I built the Kanger RBA with spaced 26g 316SS 2.5mm at about 0.35ohms. It's even better than the Kanger SS0CC coils. Temp control seems to be a little more accurate. 450F feels warmer on the RBA than the SSOCC coils. Wanted to get away from building, but the RBA kicks the premade coil butt.

I was pretty psyched when I saw that the SXK kit came with the Kanger RBA head. I've had a TopTank Mini since it was my second atomizer 2.5 yrs ago. After trying lots of other thanks RTAa, RDAs and squonking, etc, I came back to it a few months ago, and remembered why I loved it so much.

My experience with the one that comes with the SXK BB has been pretty much the same. Maybe I am biased, but I cannot find a sweet spot with the VapeShell nor the Insider, and the Exocet is close. I also spent too much for a Bastard Coil and that was nothing but disappointment for me as well.

If I cannot source that SXK Kanger bridge and another compatible Kanger RBA easily, I may be purchasing a few more of the SXK Exocet clones, so I have have several built and installed in a boro tank ready to go.

As such I will likely be offering both SXK VapeShell clones, and both SXK Insider clones for sale. I had modified one of each to increase the juice flow holes, so one of each is stock, and one of each has modifications, and all include the accessories that came in the pack.

If anyone is interested, please let me know via PM.

The only issues with both the Kanger RBA head, and also the Exocet, is that you are limited to 3mm coil diameter due to the post spacing, and also, for more than 6 spaced wraps, your coil legs are at an angle, and tricky to get on the posts, as well as tricky to keep from touching the last coil wrap as it goes to the post screws.

I thought about modifying one of the Exocets to have a hole thru the sides of the posts, so that your coil legs go in at a 90 degree angle, and this would allow the coil itself to be spaced nice and no wires touching. I do not have a vise, so this would be tricky to do by hand and with a dremel...

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was inspired by your decision and swapped the fused clapton coil with a 28g SS, 2.5 mm ID coil. I get the feeling these BB RBA things are better with single wire, simple builds rather than fancy coils.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was pretty psyched when I saw that the SXK kit came with the Kanger RBA head. I've had a TopTank Mini since it was my second atomizer 2.5 yrs ago. After trying lots of other thanks RTAa, RDAs and squonking, etc, I came back to it a few months ago, and remembered why I loved it so much.

My experience with the one that comes with the SXK BB has been pretty much the same. Maybe I am biased, but I cannot find a sweet spot with the VapeShell nor the Insider, and the Exocet is close. I also spent too much for a Bastard Coil and that was nothing but disappointment for me as well.

If I cannot source that SXK Kanger bridge and another compatible Kanger RBA easily, I may be purchasing a few more of the SXK Exocet clones, so I have have several built and installed in a boro tank ready to go.

As such I will likely be offering both SXK VapeShell clones, and both SXK Insider clones for sale. I had modified one of each to increase the juice flow holes, so one of each is stock, and one of each has modifications, and all include the accessories that came in the pack.

If anyone is interested, please let me know via PM.

The only issues with both the Kanger RBA head, and also the Exocet, is that you are limited to 3mm coil diameter due to the post spacing, and also, for more than 6 spaced wraps, your coil legs are at an angle, and tricky to get on the posts, as well as tricky to keep from touching the last coil wrap as it goes to the post screws.

I thought about modifying one of the Exocets to have a hole thru the sides of the posts, so that your coil legs go in at a 90 degree angle, and this would allow the coil itself to be spaced nice and no wires touching. I do not have a vise, so this would be tricky to do by hand and with a dremel...

It can be tricky to get a good vape on the Exocet, I get a nice vape with pretty much any build I slap in it, but took some building and waiting on wire orders to get one I can say I enjoy.

Thing I had to do was forget what the coil would Ω to, and build it to the vape I wanted.

So I ended up with a 2.5mm 3/4 wrap fused with 27Ka1 cores and 40N80 wrap... .33Ω -17w - 65/35 juice

Another build that worked for me was a simple 3mm 26g KA1 4/5 spaced .68Ω - 21w

If I had the VapeShell, I'd probably try that simple .68Ω coil above, snug the cotton then thin the tails, not even bother tucking them, just have them lay over the holed area and juice it slightly (dollop or two) install...fill the boro and work the wattage up from 12w til it shows a sign of not wicking right and then back off 2w.

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was inspired by your decision and swapped the fused clapton coil with a 28g SS, 2.5 mm ID coil. I get the feeling these BB RBA things are better with single wire, simple builds rather than fancy coils.

I think heat dissipation can be a problem with the BB. I thought a simple single wire spaced out build would work out ok, and so far it is not disappointing.

VU Sponsors