Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They are Galaxies DT, and they fit nicely but do not shroud over the top nut. If a nut that fit flush were to be found (how about it @So619Cal ) then they would work perfectly.

Yes, that's what the above dt are.

Oh ok, thank you. I was under the impression you needed those screw in type drip tips.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haven't found flush fit 510 adapters...would like just the 510 Adapter...and grind one down...but even that is proving difficult to find.
I wonder why Dee Mods(?) stopped making them. If we happen to run into some....

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Letting the coil prime first before I fire it. A .4 Atlantis coil. Got some .9 ccells as well. Black out kit and black sxk 70 from Troy should be here monday. Black will look better with the a-tank and black plug.
4100f7dda1a30b585b30dfd5b5c98b20.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That 0.9 ohm coil is fine for restricted DL but I get a more saturated vape from my squonks . I pretty much decided to have the BBs as MTL setups which means I should probably order another MF full kit.:headbang:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea this thing is as airy as the recurve rda. Lol I hope the .9 are a little better. I like the recurve but at higher wattage then 20 something.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL!!!
I'm working on a little idea I have to restrict air flow in them. If it doesn't work the way I want it, you'll get a PM from me (unless I forget who wanted it.....)
Why mess around with it when you can sell it to me and use the proceeds to get another Mf Bridge that you know you like?
(Memememememememememe.)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Got my sxk Vape Shell from 3f, love it.

I don't know how it works so well but it does. The airflow control felt loose but it stays put - I have a tight MTL draw, no leaks, no pooling at the base like my kanger or exocet would do, no dry hit, such a breeze to install and wick this thing, phew love it! :inlove:

IMG_20180616_203534-1209x1612.jpg
IMG_20180617_111645-1512x2016.jpg

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is this something that would hide the 510? https://www.nollidesigns.com/products/billet-box-key

Same, I quit FT. They were consistent for me for almost 3 years, but I'm done with them now :(

Not really hide it, but more that it makes it a key for the 510...

I have what I believe is the Serpent Mini Drip Tip on my BB... covers the 510 well, but not completely... Troy has a pic on post #696 on page 14, I'll add mine in an Edit...

3e3e0b7f41ad834fb403a8194cdc525c.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ah to fucking funny...

So here I am tootin away with the BB... saying to myself... man I think this .9 cCell is done, tasting like shit...

I go pop the panel off, undo the 510, tap the boro out...then notice... fucking battery is almost dead and the battery bar is empty and flashing lol

Would of sworn I changed the battery last night...probably just removed it...spaced and tossed the same one back in LOL

Needless to say... the cCell is just fine...was just not getting the 19w lol

Ok back to being stupid I guess...carry on

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah to fucking funny...

So here I am tootin away with the BB... saying to myself... man I think this .9 cCell is done, tasting like shit...

I go pop the panel off, undo the 510, tap the boro out...then notice... fucking battery is almost dead and the battery bar is empty and flashing lol

Would of sworn I changed the battery last night...probably just removed it...spaced and tossed the same one back in LOL

Needless to say... the cCell is just fine...was just not getting the 19w lol

Ok back to being stupid I guess...carry on
At least you stopped and looked! I thought I was getting a dry-ish hit but naaaah!.....Took another pull! YUP! dry hit.....then checked and sure as hell, tank was empty!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Will let you know how it looks when it comes in. I figure I need a frosted tip to match the frosted panels.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Will let you know how it looks when it comes in. I figure I need a frosted tip to match the frosted panels.

I wonder if it's possible to dremel underneath the ledge on that drip tip to make it go over the 510 nut. Would probably have to sane down the base of the DT too

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder if it's possible to dremel underneath the ledge on that drip tip to make it go over the 510 nut. Would probably have to sane down the base of the DT too

That's what I was planning to do this weekend.....then the wife handed me the "honey do" list.....:headbang: I should've told her I had to work and hid in the guest house.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Haven't found flush fit 510 adapters...would like just the 510 Adapter...and grind one down...but even that is proving difficult to find.
Maybe we can get one from BBV? A group buy? Count me in.

Or maybe JMK would consider a limited run and group buy scenario? Again, count me in.

I wish I had a lathe and tap-and-die setup...some day :)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Maybe we can get one from BBV? A group buy? Count me in.

Or maybe JMK would consider a limited run and group buy scenario? Again, count me in.

I wish I had a lathe and tap-and-die setup...some day :)

The 510's from BBV are $15 a pop.

zz99

Member For 1 Year
Got my sxk Vape Shell from 3f, love it.

I don't know how it works so well but it does. The airflow control felt loose but it stays put - I have a tight MTL draw, no leaks, no pooling at the base like my kanger or exocet would do, no dry hit, such a breeze to install and wick this thing, phew love it! :inlove:

View attachment 113880
View attachment 113882

Got the authentic with the second smallest MTL insert, excellent tight draw

Uc65LoW.jpg

Can you assemble the SXK one either way ? I notice the bottom logo isn't in the assembled picture. The authentic will only go one way.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Got the authentic with the second smallest MTL insert, excellent tight draw

Uc65LoW.jpg

Can you assemble the SXK one either way ? I notice the bottom logo isn't in the assembled picture. The authentic will only go one way.

It only fits together one way, now I know that the logo is on the wrong side of one piece hahaha

I also have second tightest insert - only because the tightest one will fall out because it is too loose, and I am not strong enough to bend the metal tube to give it a snug fit

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
No I did not.
I have never ordered from hotecig.com, but a few folks on reddit /ecr had complaints about order processing time and other things I cannot remember right now. I will search and see if the issues were resolved or not in a happy way.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Comfort Bridge arrived...slapped in the .7 coil @12w... decent vape...not sure if I am going to get on with it though...its almost to restricted for my tastes...

Might grow into it, as I have noticed over the past year my vape style has moved to a more restricted vape... but right now...not really feeling it.

I'll give it a tank or 2...maybe lol

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Comfort Bridge arrived...slapped in the .7 coil @12w... decent vape...not sure if I am going to get on with it though...its almost to restricted for my tastes...

Might grow into it, as I have noticed over the past year my vape style has moved to a more restricted vape... but right now...not really feeling it.

Dibs again!

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
h

That's the one that uses the Nautilus coils?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Button boards for an sxk 70. Can they be bought separately and does anyone know where to shop?

VU Sponsors