Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Anyone know a source to buy wood panels for the BB?

Real wood, like oak, mahogany, etc, and not stab wood or some other composite.

If nobody makes them, then maybe I will try to get some thick veneer, like 5-6mm, and cut and shape them myself, which I expect will require lots of time with sandpaper, but I love the look and feel of real wood.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

If nobody makes them, then maybe I will try to get some thick veneer, like 5-6mm, and cut and shape them myself, which I expect will require lots of time with sandpaper, but I love the look and feel of real wood.
You can get small sheets of veneer on eBay pretty cheap. Looked into for a panel for the rsq

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
You can get small sheets of veneer on eBay pretty cheap. Looked into for a panel for the rsq

Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely look into that.

Also, I would need to source the tiny neodymium magnets for the doors as well...maybe Amazon will have them...

and of course I will need a CNC machine, Plasma cutter or Laser cutter - Ha Ha - since I dont think a hand-held jigsaw will offer a precise enough cut...and I do not own nor have space for a bandsaw, or a belt sander...only the option for hand tools right now...

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Stefan Motzer of ModThinX on FB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the info. I will try to contact him and report back if any news.

You will love his work...but it will run about a $100 a set of panels... He has a ton of Juma, Stab, Acrylic, Ultem, Carbon Fiber...

If I was into the whole upgraded look on the BB I would for sure get his panels... I bought from him for my Molly's and his work was perfect and shipping from Germany was super fast... Hand written thank you note always accompanies with some Harribo gummy bears ;)

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You will love his work...but it will run about a $100 a set of panels... He has a ton of Juma, Stab, Acrylic, Ultem, Carbon Fiber...

If I was into the whole upgraded look on the BB I would for sure get his panels... I bought from him for my Molly's and his work was perfect and shipping from Germany was super fast... Hand written thank you note always accompanies with some Harribo gummy bears ;)
I'd buy the panels just for the gummy bears:crazy:.....it is pretty outlandish to see the panels cost as much or even more than the mod itself. I'm not saying they're not worth it, just that on my leftover vaping budget I doubt I can afford the gummy bears, much less the panels.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years

Some Molly Stab Doors...
Sounds very cool. Those panels are wonderful eye-candy. His work appears to be of a very high quality and your endorsement is most appreciated. :)

My biggest problem is I am typically frugal to a fault, and not used to spending more on accessories than the device itself like @BrewBear said above.

I also believe very strongly in the DIY and hardware-hacker ethos, and would rather buy some tools and spend a weekend invested in DIY, which is both a learning experience, as well as a Zen-meditative thing for me, while also being a creative process, which often bears fruit with something I can hold and look at later on and say 'I made this!' even if I am just talking to myself, or to the voices in my head, which sometimes answer back, but that is a topic for another day LOL. :)

It's often a struggle for me to chose whether to DIY or buy something pre-made.

The struggle with The Voices is actually much less difficult. :stars2:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
THANKS for finding and posting that. :cheers:

I've been looking forever to find clear/frosted panels. (I do not use FB)

You helped me spend $32 since I just ordered two sets. :)

Like @Wtmke1 I was about to order the black/brown (orange) swirl resin panels.

They are cheap enough, and then I was planning to drill a hole to see the juice level, and another hole to see the battery indicator in the display, but now with the translucent panels, I will not have to do that.
:bingo:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

They are cheap enough, and then I was planning to drill a hole to see the juice level, and another hole to see the battery indicator in the display, but now with the translucent panels, I will not have to do that.
I've got the swirls ones on the way. Description says black and orange but who knows. For 20 bucks I don't care what color really. Lol. Will definitely be ordering some panels from Troy next payday. Think I'm already over the "budget". Ha ha

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I'm an enabler of the highest order

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got the swirls ones on the way. Description says black and orange but who knows. For 20 bucks I don't care what color really. Lol. Will definitely be ordering some panels from Troy next payday. Think I'm already over the "budget". Ha ha

I've had those panels, I think. Are they the SXK ones without the honeycomb pattern? I really. Liked them on my Dober.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'm an enabler of the highest order

LOL. I was literally on FT, looking at my wishlist and trying to decide if I should get 1 or 2 sets of the black/brown panels, you know, just in case when drilling the holes my hand slips or I measure wrong...

Then I said, let me check VU, and I saw your post, and it's like there's this VIBE in the universe with us BB lovers, and then you posted the link, which solved it for me.

@Wtmke1 The black.brown swirl panels are still in the wishlist, maybe for next time. I do not like the honeycomb ones either.

I have the black/grey swirl panels from SXK. They said RESIN on the package but they feel more of a plastic, at least in that they are polished smooth. The look nicer in person than in photos online.

if I have time I will try to post a photo of the black/grey resin panels on my rat black BB...

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Authentic Rat Black BB on sale on reddit with several authentic atomizers:

https://old.reddit.com/r/ecigclassi...ttys_and_a_hammer_of/?st=jieib9yx&sh=24a02709

Is it just me, or is anyone else grossed out by dirty fingernails in photo and video close-ups?

Maybe it's a pet peeve that only bugs me. I cannot stand to have dirt/grease under my own fingernails after I'm done working on something and would never allow them in a photo of something that I had for sale.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Authentic Rat Black BB on sale on reddit with several authentic atomizers:

https://old.reddit.com/r/ecigclassi...ttys_and_a_hammer_of/?st=jieib9yx&sh=24a02709

Is it just me, or is anyone else grossed out by dirty fingernails in photo and video close-ups?

Maybe it's a pet peeve that only bugs me. I cannot stand to have dirt/grease under my own fingernails after I'm done working on something and would never allow them in a photo of something that I had for sale.
I work outside but know what you mean. I try to keep my nails out of the pictures. Lol

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
And ordered, oh and another black boro tank as well
Just a heads-up...

Make sure you got the correct tank, as there are 2 different tanks that are black sold on FT and 3F and GB, one is the standard boro, and the other is the A-tank that takes ASPIRE Nautilus/Triton compatible coils, and the coils for one, do NOT work in the other...

zz99

Member For 1 Year
Just a heads-up...

Make sure you got the correct tank, as there are 2 different tanks that are black sold on FT and 3F and GB, one is the standard boro, and the other is the A-tank that takes ASPIRE Nautilus/Triton compatible coils, and the coils for one, do NOT work in the other...

No worries, I've already got the SXK A-tank, it's listed on FT as "Replacement Accessory Set for SXK BB 60W Mod Kit" :
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...lacement-accessory-set-for-sxk-bb-60w-mod-kit

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just a heads-up...

No worries, I've already got the SXK A-tank, it's listed on FT as "Replacement Accessory Set for SXK BB 60W Mod Kit" :
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...lacement-accessory-set-for-sxk-bb-60w-mod-kit

EDITED:

A-Tank = Atlantis style coils, not Nautilus ;)

Comfort/Nat Bridge = Nautilus

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Now I'm confused (doesn't take much) According to the list on the first page of this thread Aspire Triton coils fit in the A-Tank

I don't have my Nautilus coils yet, to compare the size difference of the base of the coils to the Atlantis...but I am pretty sure that the A-Tank is purely for Atlantis coils only.

And seems you're right about the Tritons...but Nautilus don't fit ;)

I'll edit my above post ;)

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have both coils and even used them...The Atlantis and Triton coils are bigger, the 510 stem is bigger also. The Triton confusion is because of the Triton mini. Those coils are the size of the Nautilus coils. They fit in the Nautilus too.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't have my Nautilus coils yet, to compare the size difference of the base of the coils to the Atlantis...but I am pretty sure that the A-Tank is purely for Atlantis coils only.

And seems you're right about the Tritons...but Nautilus don't fit ;)

I'll edit my above post ;)
And vapresso ccells. Vapresso on left Atlantis on right
67aaf431deb0df6198a29998e3e95d6e.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So my a-tank has left Atlanta GA. Only a couple more days. Got some new juice today but waiting for the boro. Do you ever feel like a kid with new toys. Grown ass adults acting like this. My wife is like IDGAF.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
So my a-tank has left Atlanta GA. Only a couple more days. Got some new juice today but waiting for the boro. Do you ever feel like a kid with new toys. Grown ass adults acting like this. My wife is like IDGAF.

Yes, I love receiving stuff I bought online. I am spoiled by Amazon Prime.

But, it's like 'Fight Club'...

The first 'Rule of Buying Our Gear' is, we dont tell the roommate(s)/wife/significant-other that we bought our gear...

Not because it is something we need to hide but it is because, either they dont care, will give the eye-roll, or complain.

Seems like most of us here are guys, and if in the wife/S-O camp, so how many pairs of shoes, handbags and multiple different make-up kits does SHE have?

Roommates can either be jealous or complain, and maybe even look to steal it out of spite (if they are evil).

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, I love receiving stuff I bought online. I am spoiled by Amazon Prime.

But, it's like 'Fight Club'...

The first 'Rule of Buying Our Gear' is, we dont tell the roommate(s)/wife/significant-other that we bought our gear...

Not because it is something we need to hide but it is because, either they dont care, will give the eye-roll, or complain.

Seems like most of us here are guys, and if in the wife/S-O camp, so how many pairs of shoes, handbags and multiple different make-up kits does SHE have?

Roommates can either be jealous or complain, and maybe even look to steal it out of spite (if they are evil).

My wife rather have me vape than smoke Cigars again... but at the beginning she always would ask about the purchases I was making...UNTIL! I started buying something for her when I would make larger purchases.

Problem solved...

"Honey is that a new mod?"

Why yes it is, btw this came for you!

Totally forgets about the mod.

Wife and I don't question expenditures as long as its made from the junk fund account...basically where my vape budget comes from lol

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can't decide between the Nolli Billet Key and button or the JMK SS Busto- and button. Tbh, I have no idea if the JMK tip will fit the YFTK clone like it does the SXK.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can't decide between the Nolli Billet Key and button or the JMK SS Busto- and button. Tbh, I have no idea if the JMK tip will fit the YFTK clone like it does the SXK.

If not you could sell it to me. I'll have 3 sxk next week.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fair enough! JMK it is!

What material you going to get. I think brass or SS or ultem would look great on your mod.

VU Sponsors