Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@BrewBear 's OCC bridge came today (Thank you sir! ) and I slapped in one of the Zombie Head shot coils... yeah they are definite into the trash coils lol

Great vape from it...but need to run it at nearly 42w just so it doesn't flood itself lol That is to hot for my liking...might as well fire up a tube mech again.

So Need some ideas on pre-made coils for the OCC around .7-1Ω so I can bring the wattage down to about 16-21w max

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@BrewBear 's OCC bridge came today (Thank you sir! ) and I slapped in one of the Zombie Head shot coils... yeah they are definite into the trash coils lol

Great vape from it...but need to run it at nearly 42w just so it doesn't flood itself lol That is to hot for my liking...might as well fire up a tube mech again.

So Need some ideas on pre-made coils for the OCC around .7-1Ω so I can bring the wattage down to about 16-21w max
You are most welcome....I did offer to send the bridge with a coil but NOOOOOO!!!!, Mr. I got a box-o-coils from the dude.... J/K
I have the 1.?? coils SSOCC coils....never even tried it yet, gotta stop by the post office tomorrow to pick up the Comfort bridge.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You are most welcome....I did offer to send the bridge with a coil but NOOOOOO!!!!, Mr. I got a box-o-coils from the dude.... J/K
I have the 1.?? coils SSOCC coils....never even tried it yet, gotta stop by the post office tomorrow to pick up the Comfort bridge.

Yeah... I read the coil package saying 20-55w... figured 20 would do it...nope...I'll do some searching of the coils.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I can tell you don't bother with the Kanger ceramic coils. They seem to require 40 watts at least to warm up.

I tried really hard to find these but they seems to be OOS everywhere.

http://atomvapes.com/gceramic-vcc-coils-09ohms-kanger-tanks?tracking=558d8c64ad59a

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That will be next but i think its pretty high now i think its makeing contact with the deck . Even tho its locked its still jumpin ill tear it down tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I once had a little (I mean very little) piece of metal causing jumping resistance, probably from re-snipping the coil's leg closer to the post. At least that's what I think it was. The other was a slightly loose 510 assembly holding the positive post in the deck.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I once had a little (I mean very little) piece of metal causing jumping resistance, probably from re-snipping the coil's leg closer to the post. At least that's what I think it was. The other was a slightly loose 510 assembly holding the positive post in the deck.
I think I'm going to grab some Nautilus coils and forego building on my BBs. The BVC coils have a ceramic wick option and if they last 2-3 weeks it may be worth the extra money to be hassle free.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This could be possible but im prob gonna go the comfort bridge road aswell

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where are you guys buying the ssocc coils?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What makes me believe its the inserts is iv had no trouble at all and as soon as i put it in theres trouble these inserts are metal they need to be delrin or something of that nature

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What makes me believe its the inserts is iv had no trouble at all and as soon as i put it in theres trouble these inserts are metal they need to be delrin or something of that nature

Did you lift the coil to get it in or did you put a new coil in after you installed it?

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Check the "510" in the BB for possible juice, wipe it clean, tighten the nut a bit more so the bridge makes a clean, full contact. The first time I used the TP (TroyPlug :teehee:) I noticed the tank was sitting a hair high. By tightening the nut, it will push the tank/bridge assembly down. That's all I got:cheers:
Think he's taking about about an issue with the airflow restrictors but still a good thing to note on the DryPlug (or Troy plug, or TP our whatever y'all are calling em nowadays)

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the 1.3 ohm (reading 1.44 on the BB) EUC coil with the MF MTL bridge and it is a perfect, tight draw at 12.4 ohms. I have to see how the Nautilus bridge is but I'm really considering a second MF bridge and saving the Insider MTL for a rainy day....or until I decide to use their "AFC" ring .

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I like the 0.5ohm ss316l SSOCCs @ 22w-26w... They have all read ~ 0.7ohm lol...

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

That sounds like what some people were saying about the VapeShell, the inserts moving around!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How in the fuck did you find those? Your Google Fu is stronger than mine...

Was on page 3 of Atom-Vape gCoil search... each link one by one, checking if they also had the .9's... came to that one and viola, baddabingbadaboom.

Now the site looks shitty, but they are located in Louisiana so might give them a call first

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was on page 3 of Atom-Vape gCoil search... each link one by one, checking if they also had the .9's... came to that one and viola, baddabingbadaboom.

Now the site looks shitty, but they are located in Louisiana so might give them a call first
I'm out on OCC style coils. Too much airflow for me.
Let us know if you decide to try them!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I'm short on that these days. I reserve what I have left for my kids, not the interwebs!

Oh I don't have a lot of patience either...but I am fairly quick when it comes to google and link looking. Think that took me 9 minutes to track ;)

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@jmoney426

I'm almost 2 weeks in on my 0.7ohm Nautilus. Don't think it's ceramic. Great @ 18w-19w...

Found them at eightvape
That's exactly what I wanted to hear! Although I was under the impression that the newer version of the BVC coils are ceramic wick. Could be wrong though and my wife will testify that it happens often!

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the 1.3 ohm (reading 1.44 on the BB) EUC coil with the MF MTL bridge and it is a perfect, tight draw at 12.4 ohms. I have to see how the Nautilus bridge is but I'm really considering a second MF bridge and saving the Insider MTL for a rainy day....or until I decide to use their "AFC" ring .
I was all about my insiders (not MTL version) but i got lazy. I can't get as consistent of a vape for as long as i can get with a Nautilus coil.

I have the the full MF bridge with MTL kit on the way also... But I'm more RDL honestly

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's exactly what I wanted to hear! Although I was under the impression that the newer version of the BVC coils are ceramic wick. Could be wrong though and my wife will testify that it happens often!

The packaging is very vague. And i have 2 different packages... So who knows?

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was all about my insiders (not MTL version) but i got lazy. I can't get as consistent of a vape for as long as i can get with a Nautilus coil.

I have the the full MF bridge with MTL kit on the way also... But I'm more RDL honestly
If you look at the picture in the link, the two white delrin insulators are the reason I can not use the TP! One of them has a single AF hole, about 1 mm or less in diameter (great MTL for me), the other has 2 holes 180 degrees apart but same diameter as the single hole (about 1 mm).

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm... Dunno if anything 3d printed would hold up to the heat... I thought they went in the chimney
They are a sort of after thought for the K5 when people started saying it had too much air for MTL. They go in the tube under the coil and I can see how a slight movement would cause resistance fluctuations. I just made a "hillbilly" AF restrictor for my K5, a short coil out 24 g kanthal the fit snugly in the air tube and had a bit of a flair (2 wraps or so) at one end so I can have something to grab on when I remove it.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Are they kanger? Pink insulator?

They are Kanger'ish

bfd7b74b7bd036f80d9bd04ed19b5334.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you look at the picture in the link, the two white delrin insulators are the reason I can not use the TP! One of them has a single AF hole, about 1 mm or less in diameter (great MTL for me), the other has 2 holes 180 degrees apart but same diameter as the single hole (about 1 mm).
And why i ordered the MTL kit ;p see if i can modify the plugs to accommodate

VU Sponsors