Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ok, so you guys raving about the cCell coils have got me interested now...

Likely I'm looking at the 0.7 and 0.9 ohm versions. Any pointers to a vendor for a best price on a 5-pack of each?

Eightvape for cheap ccell coils.
Thanks to SoCal for the find

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Man oh man...the more I read about these Bboxes, the more interested I become.

What's the hip, flavor?...ease of use? I like tight draw attys with flavor. Ditched all the high wattage attys, back to the simple narda's nopitty o-atty, etc; for squonkers.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man oh man...the more I read about these Bboxes, the more interested I become.

What's the hip, flavor?...ease of use? I like tight draw attys with flavor. Ditched all the high wattage attys, back to the simple narda's nopitty o-atty, etc; for squonkers.
I like a very tight MTL draw so for me thus far the MF bridge with the 1.3 ohm EUC coil rules (for now?). Billet Box has: versatility, use either rebuildable or ready made coils, easy refill, easy to pocket but not on the pocket . It is as flavorful as your build but yeah it's the convenience for me.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like a very tight MTL draw so for me thus far the MF bridge with the 1.3 ohm EUC coil rules (for now?). Billet Box has: versatility, use either rebuildable or ready made coils, easy refill, easy to pocket but not on the pocket . It is as flavorful as your build but yeah it's the convenience for me.
Thanks for the info Brew....I may pick one up.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Let me put it this way: I still love my squonk mods and O-16s or Supersonics, but I bought 2 BBs in three weeks.
You buy authentic or clones?

Is there much of a difference in the clone quality?

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would be remiss if I didn't say the Nuppins are still one of my all time favorites.
That said, I hope the BB factory didn't have their blems sale yet and somebody hurry up and tell us how the SXK with USB is holding up.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would be remiss if I didn't say the Nuppins are still one of my all time favorites.
That said, I hope the BB factory didn't have their blems sale yet and somebody hurry up and tell us how the SXK with USB is holding up.
Indeed, I like the nuppins too.....seems like the more I vape, the tighter the draw I like.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You buy authentic or clones?

Is there much of a difference in the clone quality?
I was looking at SXK clone DNA 60 ones but ended up buying authentics. The only YT vid I saw comparing the two was concluding the SXK clones are very solid.
Several people here have the clones so I guess they are the more budget friendly alternative. Someone here said the innards (tanks, rubber gaskets) aren't quite 1:1 but I couldn't say either way.....yet.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I bought 2 in a week.lolplans for a authentic as well.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
O-16---supersonics, or billet boxes?

I went in full throttle on the supersonic clones, I really like the atty.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I went stooopid with authentics Supersonics, Odis 16s and Billet Boxes! Oh, yahhh, billet box bridges too. I like the MF the most (very tight draw with 1.3 ohm coils) but can go to full DL also. The Insider (rebuildable) MTL is good too.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What is a bridge in a BB...the atomizer?

I'll have to watch some videos, I have no idea how they're designed.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What is a bridge in a BB...the atomizer?

I'll have to watch some videos, I have no idea how they're designed.
You got it in one!
The authentics come with the OCC bridge, uses the Kanger SSOCC coils. The SXK clone comes with the OCC and the Nautilus bridge.
Insider, Exocet, VapeShell,(have clones) Insider MTL doesn't yet, these are rebuildables.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'll look around, I bought about ten of them from Catfish when he was in the atty business. I gave most of them away, but I know I have at least three or four left.

I have a Chi-NarDa...its honestly my favorite atty, can only imagine the quality of the Authentic.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So you're thinking of getting a BB? I hated RTAs for the longest time...never got the flavor from one that I do from a RSA, still don't...but I absolutely dig the form factor, being able to sip juice in comparison to gulping it, have a battery last nearly all day..and I get 85%+ the satisfaction; good trade off imo.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So you're thinking of getting a BB? I hated RTAs for the longest time...never got the flavor from one that I do from a RSA, still don't...but I absolutely dig the form factor, being able to sip juice in comparison to gulping it, have a battery last nearly all day..and I get 85%+ the satisfaction; good trade off imo.
Indeed, I like the front pocket mods.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Indeed, I like the front pocket mods.

a1a001428931d640af8abb4a8cec2c2a.jpg

Size I can see front pocket

fe686d65213428d2d3d68a36c1519973.jpg

But they are pretty hefty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And I can't even comment to MTL vaping...never smoked, so no idea how to do that lol

Smoked cigars for years, but never inhaled those ;)
I can! Smoked 2 to 4 PAD plus cigars and pipe, inhaled too!
Oh, smoked Marlboro reds or Shermans most of that time.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was even thinking about trying a Pod, seems like a decent alternative to these bulky mods I no longer use.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was looking at pods also but I like to have control over what I vape, many pods are high nic and flavors I don't care about.
Yeah, I'm sure in another month or two, they'll have larger mah batteries and use any juice you want.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was looking at pods also but I like to have control over what I vape, many pods are high nic and flavors I don't care about.

I still use my breeze... but only when I know I need to be super stealth...only device I run high nic salts, 36mg lol...small toot and good for awhile.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
My solution to a fully rebuildable, regulated pod-sized device (not a Phix or Juul type, but the box-type pod) with a removable battery is my BB.

Kind of like a Mi-Pod (or the Wismec HiFlask) on steroids.

Also the look, form-factor and hand feel reminds me a lot of the 1st gen iPhone and iPod, and I like certain Apple products.

I cant see spending $30 ea on a pair of pod devices with replaceable coil heads, with maybe up to an 1000 mAh battery, and likely would have to buy 2 in order to make it through a day, with something like a Breeze 2, when I can get more control and swap batteries and complete pre-built and filled boro tanks if/when needed.

So far I think there are a dozen different bridges and rebuildable atomizer heads for the BB, and you cannot touch the different possible options here, even WITH something like a Pico 75w and a 22mm RTA, which will also be like 150mm tall and not sit nice in your shirt or jacket's front pocket.

The BB is acts like a fully modular and fully regulated AIO that ALSO has a DNA60 in it. :)

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Oh sorry billets. Plans for an authentic green one or the Navy blue. I've got two of the discontinued supersonics. I love them as well

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I still use my breeze... but only when I know I need to be super stealth...only device I run high nic salts, 36mg lol...small toot and good for awhile.
I've got a juul and a sourin air that I use when I work inside doing maintenance of factory machines. But when I'm outside landscaping I used other stuffs. Easier to sneak a vape with something small. A ton of nic so one or two puffs and I'm good for a while

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm really liking the MF bridge with the 1.3 ohm EC coil. Good flavor, and tight draw. The Insider MTL will take a bit of work, I have a 2.5 mm ID coil in it, I think the next one will be a 3.0 or even 3.5 mm coil closer to the air tube.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does any of u billet heads have the af ring for the exocet? Has anybody used it along with the mtl troy plug im lookin for a tight mtl but only have the exocet at the moment

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Will i need the little black af ring also ? Does it work well without the ring i dont have that piece and i want this tight like a pod system lol

I don't use the AFC with mine and the draw is pretty tight with the biggest reducer.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Order placed i hope this works i dont want the hassle of spending a shit load of bridges coils ect and them not be to my likeing unless theres a good deal on some sales (hint hint ) @BrewBear
I don't use the AFC with mine and the draw is pretty tight with the biggest reducer.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Order placed i hope this works i dont want the hassle of spending a shit load of bridges coils ect and them not be to my likeing unless theres a good deal on some sales (hint hint ) @BrewBear

I do have an authentic Insider v1 I'm thinking would do better for one of you guys. Then there's the Aspire BVC I got a few days ago. ...

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do have an authentic Insider v1 I'm thinking would do better for one of you guys. Then there's the Aspire BVC I got a few days ago. ...
I think the insider will be to airy i had one before but dont remember it to much lol

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had to put the bb up and went back to my juul and elite till i get the inserts. Its just not working for me right now

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had to put the bb up and went back to my juul and elite till i get the inserts. Its just not working for me right now

It depends on how tight a draw you like, I had the Aspire BVC with the TroyPlug and the draw was a bit loose for me but I like very tight MTL draw (like the original Cyclone, 1.0 mm af or less )

VU Sponsors