It's definitely engraved though!
c471d6dd255e16ec0094a8d86c9b6ddf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oooooh that suuuuuuucks

Its not all brittle or anything, very robust and no one I know for the past 20 years knows I have bridges... friends from High School noticed...but yeah...Imagine the times you jabbed your gums brushing your teeth at night or in the morning... now imagine it a metal drip tip LOL

Purely never done it...yet...but yeah not taking the chance of metal on porcelain.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its not all brittle or anything, very robust and no one I know for the past 20 years knows I have bridges... friends from High School noticed...but yeah...Imagine the times you jabbed your gums brushing your teeth at night or in the morning... now imagine it a metal drip tip LOL

Purely never done it...yet...but yeah not taking the chance of metal on porcelain.
Yeah I wouldn't either! Especially with the cost of it all!

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got her up and running but nowhere near where I want. Got a Kanger OCC 1.2ohm in there now and flavor is okay... a bit too airy for me.
Mixed up some DIY strawberry lemonade and it's hitting the spot.

And my SXK VapeShell hit the San Fran processing center!

bee00a6ce2c85eaac5d4396fdf3c7833.jpg

Last edited:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered two pack each 1.3 and 1.4 ohms EUC coils from FT.
I just have the basic one, you can purchase just the MTL bits though... I also have 9 .5ohm ceramic coils
Thanks Troy, but i think since I'll be paying shipping, I might as well order the full kit. Appreciate the offer.

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered two pack each 1.3 and 1.4 ohms EUC coils from FT.

Thanks Troy, but i think since I'll be paying shipping, I might as well order the full kit. Appreciate the offer.
Gotcha, plus i need to sell mine with the coils as a package.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Indeed...if I had the cash ( I do...but... other Shiny stuffs ) I'd buy it.
Keep in mind it is not a "Buy Now" and who know what the bids will go up to in the next 3 hours. There is a blue DNA 60 with Insider installed for $350 also. You might as well get the SXK DNA60 from 3F for $120 as a beater mod.
Think you'll need more than 40 watts?

Odds are I will not, but who knows?

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Odds are I will not, but who knows?

Seems like folks are unloading the DNA 40 versions much cheaper.

Considering I run my regulated squonks around 45 watts and usually build then at between 0.25-0.4 I'm thinking you'd be fine.

Ooooooor wait until the reports are out for the YFTK version and still save a hundred bucks lol!

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seems like folks are unloading the DNA 40 versions much cheaper.

Considering I run my regulated squonks around 45 watts and usually build then at between 0.25-0.4 I'm thinking you'd be fine.

Ooooooor wait until the reports are out for the YFTK version and still save a hundred bucks lol!

True that! The problem with waiting with the reports is that by the time we have a decent data pool, the things will be sold out:confused:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think I am going to play around with the Insider again... was waiting 'til this cCell coil died...but I don't think it is any time soon... probably 60ml+ through it already and no signs of a flavor shift yet.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I remember reading somewhere the quality of the FT ones leaves a lot to be desired. Let us know what you think, I have a couple of them on a slow boat...
Yeah I'm a little nervous but it seems like the quality has somewhat evened out. There's some folks who are getting the complete kit. Fingers crossed!

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I am going to play around with the Insider again... was waiting 'til this cCell coil died...but I don't think it is any time soon... probably 60ml+ through it already and no signs of a flavor shift yet.
60 ml? Duude, you're supposed to vape the stuff, not drink it!:cheers:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
60 ml? Duude, you're supposed to vape the stuff, not drink it!:cheers:

Make that 66ml

a00e2846742637dbc2ff41391f131398.jpg

Double whammy...battery and refill

I need to get the charging board and set this thing up right...2 Tanks a 30Q sad panda

Put the Insider in...No idea what battery that is...one I haven't used in a long time...probably a HG2 or VTC5...30Qs are the 4 post and HG2's the 3 post?

EDIT: Nope the other way around... 4 post are my HG2s and the 3 posts are my 30Q's LOL... Poor Flashlight lost its batteries ;)

Fuck it...good enough for 6a

4ace6e338a77b3907932feea6b17e857.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Make that 66ml

a00e2846742637dbc2ff41391f131398.jpg

Double whammy...battery and refill

I need to get the charging board and set this thing up right...2 Tanks a 30Q sad panda

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do IT!!!! I'm hoping @Le Furet gets a decent break on the SXK clones ( if he has the time since he's shipping out this weekend) and then I'll get one (maybe two) to play with. BTW, do you know what time does BB post the available mods for sale?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do IT!!!! I'm hoping @Le Furet gets a decent break on the SXK clones ( if he has the time since he's shipping out this weekend) and then I'll get one (maybe two) to play with. BTW, do you know what time does BB post the available mods for sale?

Around 8am our time... +- 30mins

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks. With my luck, there'll be no RPG this time around.....
That's what happened with me. I was surprised to see the RPG sell out so fast bc the couple of weeks before they were still up the Monday after.

BTW, I saw YFTK is releasing a BX9 colorway which is that light blue/teal looking one. Nice!

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks, I saw that but I have the RPG on my mind....
In all honesty if SXK or YFTK would release that color in a DNA 60 and the build quality was good, I'd sell my authentic to trick out a couple clones. Bang for the buck always wins for me.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In all honesty if SXK or YFTK would release that color in a DNA 60 and the build quality was good, I'd sell my authentic to trick out a couple clones. Bang for the buck always wins for me.

From the YT link @So619Cal posted yesterday, the SXK built quality is good, but the colors are limited.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From the YT link @So619Cal posted yesterday, the SXK built quality is good, but the colors are limited.
Oh yeah the SXK offerings are great. I had black (Ratblack) and brown (Dober) 70W ones as well as a DNA 40 one that they initially released. Definitely quality.

YFTK has released the latest clones and I'm waiting to here reports on those not the SXK ones.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I picked up the KF5 MTL inserts and threw the 1.4mm one in my Exocet clone and BAM! MTL deliciousness! Worth the extra $10 IMO.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors