Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone here have any hands on opinions on the Bantam? I see FT has the "purple/ grey" kinda RPG-ish color!
I've been using one for a month or so now. I really like it honestly. I'd suggest buying from somewhere other than FT, 3F, and the like because others have had issues where there's just stopped working and repeatedly.

I've had no such issues with mine but I worry that if/when it does it'll be a total PITA to get a replacement.

Sent from the Death Star

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been using one for a month or so now. I really like it honestly. I'd suggest buying from somewhere other than FT, 3F, and the like because others have had issues where there's just stopped working and repeatedly.

I've had no such issues with mine but I worry that if/when it does it'll be a total PITA to get a replacement.

Sent from the Death Star
Sounds good to me. Now just wait for a Labor Day sale and get one states side.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Halfway there on my way to ordering the Xeta. Sold the MF Bridge today... EUCapsule still for sale and I dropped the price by $10!

Btw, is there a deadline for ordering the Xeta?

Sent from the Death Star

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The bottom line to the above comments about BBV and their clones: I have both and use both. The SXK is a bit rougher but it has the USB charging/EScribe access and authentics don't. I corresponded with BBV and they have no intention on providing usb anything and that attitude kinda burns my bacon. Aside the costs, I prefer using the SXK ones because I can and do use SS coils in TC mode, authentics are strictly a power mode use for me.
I'm not familiar with the Bantam line but am sorely tempted to get one.
I've never touched an authentic. In fact, before a couple weeks ago, I'd never touched any Billet Box at all. I got this one practically brand new in a trade with a guy who bought it, and a bunch of stuff for it in July, but the BB just wasn't for him.

i have to say, the quality of this SXK clone far exceeded what I expected.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Halfway there on my way to ordering the Xeta. Sold the MF Bridge today... EUCapsule still for sale and I dropped the price by $10!

Sent from the Death Star

Supposedly 2 hours... but yeah that is a lie...

If by their hazing to others from List 1 taking forever to pay... Loren and the other fuck will list your names in shame for the whole group to see.

Think last time it was in the words of, " These guys need to pay, this is why all you others that paid, haven't had their Xeta ship yet" as if A-B=C

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Sent from the Death Star
Have not seen any posts about a deadline. Expect they will purge at some point but no idea when. Will keep an eye out.

Back to work on the Death Star for me at 1PM today, strike is over. Need to pay for my BB problem....

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Supposedly 2 hours... but yeah that is a lie...

If by their hazing to others from List 1 taking forever to pay... Loren and the other fuck will list your names in shame for the whole group to see.

Think last time it was in the words of, " These guys need to pay, this is why all you others that paid, haven't had their Xeta ship yet" as if A-B=C
Ugh. I just need to sell one more thing and I'll be good to go. I'm not in the group so no shame in my game

If they need to move without me they'll figure it out haha

Sent from the Death Star

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Todd just announced in his FB group that they'll be doing lists for the Xeta and the Riviera, respectively. Might buy me some time to sell some shit haha

Sent from the Death Star

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
upload_2019-8-28_8-39-32.png

upload_2019-8-28_8-39-51.png

He done this for other drops going back a ways...

I get the frustration of those that don't pay right away... but there are more tactful ways to achieve the same result.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 145059

View attachment 145060

He done this for other drops going back a ways...

I get the frustration of those that don't pay right away... but there are more tactful ways to achieve the same result.
Agree, I can see where the group shipping would be problematic for the vendor when others have paid their part, but another way of going about it would be better.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is why I liked the proposed way I mentioned to Peter of KHW...

Master list... sign up... get an e-mail... have x amount of days to pay... you miss that deadline, you just get moved to the end of the list... moves to the next guy... ships when ready and in order of payment received.

Less headache... less meaningless posts on updates, more free time for the admins.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally made a (predominantly) mango juice that tastes good! Perfect to pair with these juicy, unfiltered IPAs! Cheers!
6f2e68d0c866314d7423a2421343afe7.jpg

Sent from the Death Star

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So glad I am not a beer-nut...

Crazy to think I actually like Genny... probably cause the first time I drank it I was 5...slurping it from one of the 3 kegerators my pops had throughout the house lol

Funny story... last time I was in Rochester... met up with an old friend, ended up a one of these multiple beer pubs... like 40+ on tap... buddy ordered some weird named beer and I said, I'll take a Genesee Cream Ale... I swear the whole place turned in shock LOL

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So glad I am not a beer-nut...

Crazy to think I actually like Genny... probably cause the first time I drank it I was 5...slurping it from one of the 3 kegerators my pops had throughout the house lol

Funny story... last time I was in Rochester... met up with an old friend, ended up a one of these multiple beer pubs... like 40+ on tap... buddy ordered some weird named beer and I said, I'll take a Genesee Cream Ale... I swear the whole place turned in shock LOL
Dude! I was just at Genny the other night. They have a Brew House restaurant now and it is amazing!
As snobby as I get about my beer I definitely appreciate a good Genny red-eye, Light, or Cream Ale. They've stepped up their game in the last five years and come out with some homeruns.

Sent from the Death Star

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude! I was just at Genny the other night. They have a Brew House restaurant now and it is amazing!
As snobby as I get about my beer I definitely appreciate a good Genny red-eye, Light, or Cream Ale. They've stepped up their game in the last five years and come out with some homeruns.

Sent from the Death Star
One of my favorite beers is Deus, not something to drink while mowing the lawn.....

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Sent from the Death Star

I truly get the appreciation of finer beers, pour-head-aroma-color etc. but most of the time I just want that one beer that just does the trick without any guess work and I remember Genese cream ale just being that...just super consistent low head medium low malty light tiny fizz perfection.

I am glad they are still going strong, I really think they are the last staple of Rochester after Kodak, Bousch and Lomb, Penwalt, Xerox basically packed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I truly get the appreciation of finer beers, pour-head-aroma-color etc. but most of the time I just want that one beer that just does the trick without any guess work and I remember Genese cream ale just being that...just super consistent low head medium low malty light tiny fizz perfection.

I am glad they are still going strong, I really think they are the last staple of Rochester after Kodak, Bousch and Lomb, Penwalt, Xerox basically packed up.

Agreed. The Rochester area has really become a Mecca for craft beer and a good part of owes its success to Genesee. They revamped their image with the Brew House craft line and really saved themselves. I think it inspired a movement here. It's a great place to be for people who appreciate that sort of thing.
Let me know if you ever want me to send you some!

Sent from the Death Star

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Agreed. The Rochester area has really become a Mecca for craft beer and a good part of owes its success to Genesee. They revamped their image with the Brew House craft line and really saved themselves. I think it inspired a movement here. It's a great place to be for people who appreciate that sort of thing.
Let me know if you ever want me to send you some!

Sent from the Death Star

Awesome, send some with the coffee :sarcasm:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dig on several barrel-aged brews so I know the feeling. 12-15% isn't unusual for me. One and done!

Sent from the Death Star
My now wife kept saying you can't get drunk on beer (she was used to run of the mill beers). That statement was destroyed when we had dinner at a small microbrewery and grill place. I ordered a bottle of Brother Thelonious to go along with the grilled pork tenderloin and vegetables . After one sip her cheeks turned bright red, she looked at the beer, looked at me, and nodded her head, yup, you can get drunk on beer.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My now wife kept saying you can't get drunk on beer (she was used to run of the mill beers). That statement was destroyed when we had dinner at a small microbrewery and grill place. I ordered a bottle of Brother Thelonious to go along with the grilled pork tenderloin and vegetables . After one sip her cheeks turned bright red, she looked at the beer, looked at me, and nodded her head, yup, you can get drunk on beer.
If you drink the good stuff you certainly can and will!

Sent from the Death Star

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you drink the good stuff you certainly can and will!

Sent from the Death Star
I used to brew a wicked belgian ale but for some reason it never ended at 5 - 6 % ABV, it invariably clocked in at 8.5 - 9 %. It may have had something to do with the added sugars during the secondary fermentation.:sneaka:My favorite was a braggot that took a year to smooth out ( it tasted like rocket fuel after 5 months or so) and had a generous 18 % ABV.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used to brew a wicked belgian ale but for some reason it never ended at 5 - 6 % ABV, it invariably clocked in at 8.5 - 9 %. It may have had something to do with the added sugars during the secondary fermentation.:sneaka:My favorite was a braggot that took a year to smooth out ( it tasted like rocket fuel after 5 months or so) and had a generous 18 % ABV.
Hooooowee! Highest I've ever tried is 14%.

Jusy found out the store where I work is getting Sam Adams Utopia. 20%, I think!

Sent from the Death Star

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hooooowee! Highest I've ever tried is 14%.

Jusy found out the store where I work is getting Sam Adams Utopia. 20%, I think!

Sent from the Death Star
Utopia is a good one to try! If I remember, it isn't carbonated and costs more than a custom BB. It is supposed to be 28% ABV, runs about $200 a bottle now (it was more back in 2007).

Last edited:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Utopia is a good one to try! If I remember, it isn't carbonated and costs more than a custom BB. It is supposed to be 28% ABV, runs about $200 a bottle now (it was more back in 2007).
Yeah that may be a bit much for me. Price and ABV. I just can't imagine it would be enjoyable... The flavor would be overshadowed by the booziness for me I think

Sent from the Death Star

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah that may be a bit much for me. Price and ABV. I just can't imagine it would be enjoyable... The flavor would be overshadowed by the booziness for me I think

Sent from the Death Star
I wouldn't know but from others are saying, it is aged very well (a year or more) and is very smooth.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is it just me or has USPS been extra fucky lately?
I had a package from Florida go MIA before it was delivered 11 days later, they just sent a package from Binghamton to Springfield, Mass, and I had one from Arkansas take a ride to local PO there before headed my direction .

Sent from the Death Star

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is it just me or has USPS been extra fucky lately?
I had a package from Florida go MIA before it was delivered 11 days later, they just sent a package from Binghamton to Springfield, Maas, and I had one from Arkansas take a ride to local PO there before headed my direction .

Sent from the Death Star
I had one ship from North Carolina, go to Phoenix, then up to Pittsburgh before finally making it's way to Detroit.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Your Xeta has a shipping label created Brew... should be here by Saturday if Loren drops it off tomorrow at the post... Monday if he drops it off Friday, and Tuesday/ Wednesday if he drops it off Saturday.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your Xeta has a shipping label created Brew... should be here by Saturday if Loren drops it off tomorrow at the post... Monday if he drops it off Friday, and Tuesday/ Wednesday if he drops it off Saturday.
No mail on Labor Day dude.

So is it another $10 on top of the shipping fee paid at checkout to get it to the hub?

If so, these fuckers are definitely making money off of shipping.

Sent from the Death Star

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No mail on Labor Day dude.

So is it another $10 on top of the shipping fee paid at checkout to get it to the hub?

If so, these fuckers are definitely making money off of shipping.

Sent from the Death Star

Total is 114... and yeah they always made extra off shipping as far as I can remember back to list 3 of the phenom.

But now its a flat $10 on top of the $9.50 "Fees"

think I told brew it was nearly a 23% "Haku Tax"

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Always Irk'd me knowing they ship to a "Hub" (Admin) in certain locations and still charge a "Fee" for that per item ( 400 min at $9.50) it doesn't cost $3800 to ship to a "Hub"

Then there is the $10 (Shipping) This one I can say ok about... since the Admin uses click and ship software and boxes and or bags... this is acceptable mark up since 2 day is already 7.90..

BUT still! thats another $4000

So just in shipping there is nearly 8k in profit... minus actual insured shipping costs which is probably around $300-$450 MAX.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh then I remember long ago someone brought it up... forget which admin said it... " We don't do this shit for free"

Mother fuck face... you get your atty's and shit for free, that is a form of payment already... so you're telling me you're an actual employee? STFU lol

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had a package ping pong Los Angeles and San Diego a few times, oddly enough it made it in 3 days...

LA + 4 stops, made it to SD... back to those 4 stops and then back to SD then to me lol
One of my favorites is the package that arrived to the port of Los Angeles, went to Seattle and then to Salt Lake city and then slowly trickled down to me. I live 30 miles or so from downtown Los Angeles.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh then I remember long ago someone brought it up... forget which admin said it... " We don't do this shit for free"

Mother fuck face... you get your atty's and shit for free, that is a form of payment already... so you're telling me you're an actual employee? STFU lol
It's almost enough to put me off Haku in general. If I don't see marked improvement in the vape versus the VapeShell I'm going to sell it off pretty much immediately. (then maybe buy a clone bc you KNOW it's only a matter of time)

Sent from the Death Star

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's almost enough to put me off Haku in general. If I don't see marked improvement in the vape versus the VapeShell I'm going to sell it off pretty much immediately. (then maybe buy a clone bc you KNOW it's only a matter of time)

Sent from the Death Star

With rebuildables in the BB, there is only so much one can do in the constraint of the boro. I wouldn't wager its night and day above any other atty with reducers...

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not being on FB makes this tough, but I'm searching for an older BB. Doesn't matter if it works or not, it's for my collection, it's going to sit beside the Rev4 that I no longer use. Does anyone ever see these up for sale?

VU Sponsors