Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Man what was I thinking... was rewicking the Dvarw's and saw my Goon... then when I was putting away the utensils I saw my NC2-25...

THEN!

I was like, wonder how good I am still at making Aliens?

So I made a set of 3x26x36 3mm N80 5 wrap Aliens and slapped them in the goon .09Ω

Mind you this was 40 minutes ago lol

Juiced it all up...set the AF to where I liked it by memory...

Took a rip...

Just woke up ;) LOL

Just kidding... on the waking up part...but yeah... took two rips...pulled the wicks cleaned the Goon, and stowed it and man...so over that.

LOTS of flavor though... but just a blip of the fire button was enough to fill my lungs lol ... only 3.68v but thats 150w

anyhoo back to my 14w :D

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man what was I thinking... was rewicking the Dvarw's and saw my Goon... then when I was putting away the utensils I saw my NC2-25...

THEN!

I was like, wonder how good I am still at making Aliens?

So I made a set of 3x26x36 3mm N80 5 wrap Aliens and slapped them in the goon .09Ω

Mind you this was 40 minutes ago lol

Juiced it all up...set the AF to where I liked it by memory...

Took a rip...

Just woke up ;) LOL
You might consider one of these

Just kidding... on the waking up part...but yeah... took two rips...pulled the wicks cleaned the Goon, and stowed it and man...so over that.

LOTS of flavor though... but just a blip of the fire button was enough to fill my lungs lol ... only 3.68v but thats 150w

anyhoo back to my 14w :D
Maybe one of these will work for you?

Attachments

• 1555890335695674479702.jpg
    1555890335695674479702.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 22

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
A big culling in the Friendly Flipper group of everyone who is in Albert's TRVP group...
I guess they don't like any "clone" BB accessories in FF. :kickbutt:

#DolphinDickz

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
couldn't help it lol

This is for Jim... the Final Chapter is set!
I'm too dumb right now.

Are you alluding to the fact that I'm going to get rid of it already? Because even if I like it that's still a distinct possibility based on my history with gear...

Or it's because the Star Wars trailer came out. Or it's because the final season of GOT has started. Or the last episode of Gotham is coming on Thursday.

I watch too much TV.

Sent from the Death Star

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is another one to keep up with the current ;)
I take it you've been watching?

Billet side note: had the smallest MTL reducer in my VapeShell with a Ni80 32/36 fused clapton. The coil was too much for the airflow so I went with 28g spaced. Waaaaaay better!

Sent from the Death Star

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I take it you've been watching?

Billet side note: had the smallest MTL reducer in my VapeShell with a Ni80 32/36 fused clapton. The coil was too much for the airflow so I went with 28g spaced. Waaaaaay better!

Sent from the Death Star
I've noticed that too, the BB likes simple, round wire coils.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey @~Don~, a WE Gen 3 Pro with a couple of extras! up for sale in the WE forum $800!

Yeah I’m good, maybe if I sell my KME I’d think about getting a WE...but I am proficient with the KME and the investment for the minor upgrade over what I have now would be ill advised.

But I would get one if it was going to be my first guided system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys and gals, there's a BB authentic for sale in hardware. It comes with a Vapeshell. The seller, @KKen is a really nice guy. I bought a few things from him in the past, always in better shape than he describes. If you want a bb, this is the best deal you'll get for authentic gear.
Damn sure is. Ken's a cool dude too.

Hey guys and gals, there's a BB authentic for sale in hardware. It comes with a Vapeshell. The seller, @KKen is a really nice guy. I bought a few things from him in the past, always in better shape than he describes. If you want a bb, this is the best deal you'll get for authentic gear.
I'm interested but I'm new to the site. How do I proceed? Thanks.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do any of y'all run the Atmistique Doggy bridge?
I think most of the "new comers" to the thread (meaning many of us currently active on this thread) came too late in the game. I personally haven't seen that bridge in the wild, much less for sale anywhere. Maybe some of the folks active in the FB groups will chime in.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The funny thing is... once he gets the Wicked Edge and finds out just how easy guided sharpeners are... Brew will be looking to sharpen everything he can get his hands on...

I got my KME and broke in the stones on all my kitchen knives ;)
I even got the scissors attachment!

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A month has passed...

Sebenza still at the mother ship...

Probably get it back near my birthday next month...

6711b8c09eec17d356b57ba4c9b24c12.jpg

After I mailed it in to be serviced is when I went ahead and bought the Inkosi

3c62f4beacc49ea80554acb5ec09efde.jpg

Might have to buy a small Inkosi plain Jane while I wait for the sebenza

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's a ton of them on e-bay......made in China, run you 30 bucks tops!:wave:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There's a ton of them on e-bay......made in China, run you 30 bucks tops!:wave:

Yeah, saw those...I'd never own one...

Once someone holds a CRK... then at that moment understand just how badly made other knives are out there.

I still like and enjoy the few Spyderco's I have...but I've given them away or sold most of them...only have 2 left ;)

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thinking about selling the SXK bb. Really into the dvarw now be nice to get a authentic.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
There really isn't much of a difference between the authentic and the clone I have.....well, except the price. If you're gonna get the authentic, it will take about a month (more or less) from the time you order to the time you get to use it.
I use the Dvarws I have almost exclusively but I still grab a BB now and again so what I'm trying to say is hang on to the BB if you can, you never know when you'll want to use it again. Just my two centavos....:vino:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There really isn't much of a difference between the authentic and the clone I have.....well, except the price. If you're gonna get the authentic, it will take about a month (more or less) from the time you order to the time you get to use it.
I use the Dvarws I have almost exclusively but I still grab a BB now and again so what I'm trying to say is hang on to the BB if you can, you never know when you'll want to use it again. Just my two centavos....:vino:

Only bad thing about Dvarw's now is they are purely obtained by lists (Or 2nd hand) ... not like when many of us got ours from just buying them directly.

They also have 2 day DHL shipping available as a choice, rather than the slow boat...$15 more for that option lol ;)

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe just get the 24mm mtl clone then I'll have 16 mtl 24 DL and mtl and keep the BB lol

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm looking at the CRK but my champagne dreams don't match the beer budget so I', loving my Spydercos:cheers:

I didn't buy mine BNIB... got them second hand.

My Inkosi Micarta Insingo is $550 new, got it for $380 ... it was practically brand new

My small Sebenza 21 Micarta Insingo is $475 new, got it for $280 - used condition and price reflected it... sent it in, looks brand new now

Greatest thing about CRKs is the option to send them back and have them "Spa'd" or refurbished to brand new just for shipping and time.

15 years go by and you sharpened the crap out of your CRK and need a new blade, send it in.

Want a different blade just for SaGs, send it in ($150) will be sent back with the older one and a perfectly fitted new one and washers.

Thinking of picking up a second hand Inkosi plain jane...probably a small... should be able to nab one between $220-$250 since they are $375 new

VU Sponsors