Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

I don't care if Satan himself chipped in 12 million dollars to fight a vaping flavor ban I'd still put it in good.

If this ban goes through it will spread throughout the country like a virus or cancer.

Vaping Advocates have been playing wack a mole with all of the small/large town/city eliquid tax throughout all of 2016 and 2017.

All it took was ONE eliquid tax to pass to trigger it.

Notice how some (quite a few) of those vaping taxes slipped through?

Flavor bans are going to be the next thing Vaping Advocates play wack a mole with all across the country if just one goes through.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

While I do agree it's quite hard to distinguish oneself from "Big Tobacco" when "Big Tobacco" is partially funding the anti flavor ban efforts.
It's just as plausible that Big Tobacco doesn't give a rats ass about vaping and they are spending 12 million to protect their MENTHOL cigarettes from the flavor ban.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I don't care if Satan himself chipped in 12 million dollars to fight a vaping flavor ban I'd still put it in good.
I don't disagree with your choice to categorize this in "Good". The prospect of a flavor ban makes this cat grumpy. The fact that someone, anyone, is willing to spend money to fight it is good.

If this ban goes through it will spread throughout the country like a virus or cancer.
Yup. I think BT understands that as well.

It's just as plausible that Big Tobacco doesn't give a rats ass about vaping and they are spending 12 million to protect their MENTHOL cigarettes from the flavor ban.
I doubt they care much about vaping. They've taken their shot at that market and failed. They spent hundreds of millions developing, marketing, and merchandising products like Vuse and Mark Ten. I don't know for sure, but I'd guess they've never made a profit on any vape product. Look at where we are today. The total market for vapor products is over $5 billion, and the BT products have maybe 10% of that.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
They've taken their shot at that market and failed. They spent hundreds of millions developing, marketing, and merchandising products like Vuse and Mark Ten. I don't know for sure, but I'd guess they've never made a profit on any vape product.

BT even lost the convenience store cigilike market to the non BT company Juul.

Strange coincidence how every media outlet and anti vaping crusader in the universe all came out against the ONLY non BT product that's doing well at the exact same time isn't it?

Look out for the MyBlu from Blu ecigs (R.J. Reynolds, then Lorillard, Now owned by Imperial Brands) to be the first BT owned Pod Device to do well.

Imperial Tobacco bought out Von Erl and the "MyBlu" is a rebranded Von Erl.

The Von Erl (MyBlu) is a decent Pod System and i'd expect it to be the #2 selling convenience store ecig device right behind the Juul.

They might even pass Juul since the MyBlu Starter Kit with one pod is only $19.99 Vs the $29.99 Juul Starter Kit with one Pod

Plus the MyBlu Pods come in packs of two (as opposed to Juul's 4-pack that costs twice as much) and even though they are supposed to be one use disposable pods the most brain dead of idiot can refill them with the salt nic level/flavor that they choose with a small straight screwdriver.

You get about six or seven refills out of a pod before the wick/coil goes bad.

The Juul Pods seem much harder to refill.

So if I were a smoker making a choice between the best 2 devices at the gas station I am going to go for the MyBlu because it's cheaper to give it a try.

and If I'm a Pod Device user that decides to get something that I can have easy convenience store access to I'm going to choose the MyBlu because of the price and ease of refilling the Pods.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
This comment below is if we all pretend that FDA, CFTFK, ALA, ACS, the entire American News media, etc.... is telling the truth about this "Teenage Juul Epidemic"

Also, I have noticed even through my own experiences as a teen that the adult product that teens "like" the most wouldn't likely be their first choice if they were of age and could legally buy the product.

I "liked" natural light beer when I was a teen.
The reason = The shit was only $8.99 a case!!!!

I no longer drink but if I did I'd NEVER buy natural light now.

Notice how the most popular product among teens just so happens to be the best that convenience stores sell?

These teens that are somehow buying these 18 (or 21) and over products are NOT getting them from vape shops or online vape vendors.

They are getting them from the neighborhood convenience store.
Every neighborhood has one of "these" types of stores.
The store where if you are old enough that you can see over the counter then you are old enough to buy cigarettes (now ecigs) and beer.
That age usually being between 13 and 15.

Think about it everybody.... Do You have the one of "these" types of places from your childhood neighborhood pictured in your mind?

Teens are getting the product they "like" Juul because it's the best they have access to.
It's the same way we all got cigarettes when we were underage.

Also, Notice how everything's all good until Teens with RICH families start doing it?

Last edited:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I bought beer when I was 17, but the drinking age then was 18... and when I wore the right clothes and makeup, I could have passed for 28, easily -- girls would chuck their cigarettes into the toilet when I walked into the girl's bathroom, because they thought I was a teacher. :giggle:

But there is a vast diff between minors buying alcohol/cigarettes... and minors buying vape stuff. My son is 30, but if he was 15, I'd GIVE him vape stuff, if he would promise not to smoke.

Andria

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I bought beer when I was 17, but the drinking age then was 18... and when I wore the right clothes and makeup, I could have passed for 28, easily -- girls would chuck their cigarettes into the toilet when I walked into the girl's bathroom, because they thought I was a teacher. :giggle:

But there is a vast diff between minors buying alcohol/cigarettes... and minors buying vape stuff. My son is 30, but if he was 15, I'd GIVE him vape stuff, if he would promise not to smoke.

Andria

I'd be willing to bet that for a very large percentage of teens mom and/or dad is their "supplier"

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
BT even lost the convenience store cigilike market to the non BT company Juul.

Strange coincidence how every media outlet and anti vaping crusader in the universe all came out against the ONLY non BT product that's doing well at the exact same time isn't it?

Look out for the MyBlu from Blu ecigs (R.J. Reynolds, then Lorillard, Now owned by Imperial Brands) to be the first BT owned Pod Device to do well.

Imperial Tobacco bought out Von Erl and the "MyBlu" is a rebranded Von Erl.

The Von Erl (MyBlu) is a decent Pod System and i'd expect it to be the #2 selling convenience store ecig device right behind the Juul.

They might even pass Juul since the MyBlu Starter Kit with one pod is only $19.99 Vs the $29.99 Juul Starter Kit with one Pod

Plus the MyBlu Pods come in packs of two (as opposed to Juul's 4-pack that costs twice as much) and even though they are supposed to be one use disposable pods the most brain dead of idiot can refill them with the salt nic level/flavor that they choose with a small straight screwdriver.

You get about six or seven refills out of a pod before the wick/coil goes bad.

The Juul Pods seem much harder to refill.

So if I were a smoker making a choice between the best 2 devices at the gas station I am going to go for the MyBlu because it's cheaper to give it a try.

and If I'm a Pod Device user that decides to get something that I can have easy convenience store access to I'm going to choose the MyBlu because of the price and ease of refilling the Pods.
Interesting; I hadn't heard of them before. Looks like their highest nic levels are 2.4% (24mg). With a whopping 350 mAh battery, I don't see these packing the kick that Juul does with its 50-some mg salt. Let's face it, that kick is one of the things that makes Juul so popular, both with the under-age crowd and with people who are looking for an alternative to smoking.

VU Sponsors