Become a Patron!

Big set up choices

merlin7734

Member For 4 Years
I have been vaping for a couple years, mostly doing .5-1.0 ohm builds on RTAs such as the Kayfun Lite plus, Monster V3, Griffin 25, etc.

I am looking at a setup to either go on a Hammer of God v2 or v3 or possibly a CNC 1590n1 box.

I am looking at a big RDA to top it off. I was initially looking for an authentic Temple 30mm but no one has them. So now I am contemplating either a clone Temple 30mm or getting the X1 30mm. My question is, is the X1 an improvement over the Temple to begin with? I like the look of the Temple a lot better but will get the X1 if the performance smokes it (punny).

This will be my first foray into cloud chasing but I am up to speed on higher resistance for parallel mod setups.

ReyesRec89

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Interesting I wasn't aware of having to use higher resistance for parallel coils.. how high is recommened? I'm still making my coils at a the lowest .12 right now running off a ss316l build 32 guage twisted 3 strands each and paralled them. But idk maybe low resitance is wrong for parallel then?

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting I wasn't aware of having to use higher resistance for parallel coils.. how high is recommened? I'm still making my coils at a the lowest .12 right now running off a ss316l build 32 guage twisted 3 strands each and paralled them. But idk maybe low resitance is wrong for parallel then?

OP was referring to parallel battery mods, I believe, not parallel coils.

However, the HOG is a parallel series mod, not just parallel. Which means it has the bonus of each type, parallel and series. So, with 4 20 amp batteries, you get around 30 amps cdr (parallel) and it outputs 8.4v (series) I believe.

Last edited:

merlin7734

Member For 4 Years
Correct. Though technically it applies to both. Since if you wanted say a .15 final resistance you would use two .3 coils in parallel to get there.

Any input on the RDAs? X1 vs Temple..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors