Become a Patron!

Big Milky Os and Thick clouds?

Hey, I was wondering which mods (The sticks not boxes) they're using to get those thick Os in some of those "vape trick" videos. I assume they're using an RDA tank but I'm thinking about getting the Wismec Predator 228 and was wondering if it would be just as good. for some thick clouds and milky Os. Any recommendations (preferably under $70)? Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
There are actually a lot of factors to figure in.
First is the VG percent of your ejuice. The higher the VG the more cloud in your vape.
Next there is your atomizer. Most use an RDA. Short atty for thick clouds, tall atty for large clouds. (vapor expands more in a taller atty)
Then there is your coil. You will want a simple coil, (Not a clapton, etc). What you want is fast ramp up and large surface area. This part is going to depend on the power your box can put out. Build your coil to suit your box to maximize vapor production on what you have.
A trick coil is a little different from a cloud coil. Usually a trick coil has one or 2 extra wraps.
Your draw will also be longer, since you want less airflow for tricks to maximize vapor thickness. You balance your heat to match your airflow and avoid burning your cotton.
Next, is your inhale. You don't want to fill your lungs with vapor for tricks. You want to inhale, then draw vapor into your throat and mouth. Swishing the vapor in your cheeks will also thicken it. Use the vapor in your mouth and throat for the Os and the air in your lungs to push the vapor out. *Clouds are different, you DO inhale as much as your lungs can handle, then blow your cloud as quickly as possible after the inhale. This is where the shape of your mouth comes in to control the vapor and maintain a steady direction of the cloud.

A couple atomizer examples are...
Kennedy, Tsunami, Tugboat for thick cloud and flavor. MutationX (I use V4), and Temple for clouds. The mutationX V4 has 2 air channels at the base, and 18 air holes (9 per side). The Kennedy, Tsunami, Tugboat only have the air channels and are best for thickness and flavor.
Using a wider bore drip tip is best for cloud and tricks, smaller bore tips maximize flavors.

There are actually a lot of factors to figure in.
First is the VG percent of your ejuice. The higher the VG the more cloud in your vape.
Next there is your atomizer. Most use an RDA. Short atty for thick clouds, tall atty for large clouds. (vapor expands more in a taller atty)
Then there is your coil. You will want a simple coil, (Not a clapton, etc). What you want is fast ramp up and large surface area. This part is going to depend on the power your box can put out. Build your coil to suit your box to maximize vapor production on what you have.
A trick coil is a little different from a cloud coil. Usually a trick coil has one or 2 extra wraps.
Your draw will also be longer, since you want less airflow for tricks to maximize vapor thickness. You balance your heat to match your airflow and avoid burning your cotton.
Next, is your inhale. You don't want to fill your lungs with vapor for tricks. You want to inhale, then draw vapor into your throat and mouth. Swishing the vapor in your cheeks will also thicken it. Use the vapor in your mouth and throat for the Os and the air in your lungs to push the vapor out. *Clouds are different, you DO inhale as much as your lungs can handle, then blow your cloud as quickly as possible after the inhale. This is where the shape of your mouth comes in to control the vapor and maintain a steady direction of the cloud.

A couple atomizer examples are...
Kennedy, Tsunami, Tugboat for thick cloud and flavor. MutationX (I use V4), and Temple for clouds. The mutationX V4 has 2 air channels at the base, and 18 air holes (9 per side). The Kennedy, Tsunami, Tugboat only have the air channels and are best for thickness and flavor.
Using a wider bore drip tip is best for cloud and tricks, smaller bore tips maximize flavors.
Thanks man, that was a lot of help.I knew about the VG/PG but dang there is a little more to it than I thought lol. So the one's you're talking about you have to build your own coils right?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey, I was wondering which mods (The sticks not boxes) they're using to get those thick Os in some of those "vape trick" videos. I assume they're using an RDA tank but I'm thinking about getting the Wismec Predator 228 and was wondering if it would be just as good. for some thick clouds and milky Os. Any recommendations (preferably under $70)? Thanks for your time.
Stay away from the Predator, the 510 deck just pops out.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Thanks man, that was a lot of help.I knew about the VG/PG but dang there is a little more to it than I thought lol. So the one's you're talking about you have to build your own coils right?
Yeah, mainly because you can customize your vape and fine tune it according to the size, shape, position etc of your coils. It gives you an edge over anyone using stock coils. :)

VU Sponsors