Become a Patron!

Big Baby Beast RBA

Pitbull77

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tried the RBA deck that came with my beast tank with very bad results. Wicked it with cotton bacon 3 times now using a different juice each time. The three juices I tried on the RBA deck I know I like from using them in the factory X4 coils. But with the RBA each juice has a pungent taste and it doesn't resemble anything like what I'm used to from the factory coils. So the question is where do I start to get the flavor I'm looking for?

Cotton?
Coil?
Or throw this deck in the trash?

Tom950

VU Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
tried regular cotton maybe instead of cotton bacon? never tried cotton bacon so i cant compare

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You may just not be wicking correctly, putting too much or too little cotton in it. Also, be careful that the cotton doesn't block the air holes. I made that mistake the first time. Cotton Bacon shouldn't give you a bad taste.

Pitbull77

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
While you vape if it starts popping that tells you that you don't have enough cotton. Is that correct ???

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
While you vape if it starts popping that tells you that you don't have enough cotton. Is that correct ???

Not really, no. Sometimes it pops and sizzles regardless of how much cotton you have.

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use the RBA deck on all my Big Baby Beasts except my wife's because she likes to be able to change the coil without me re-wicking. Wicking the RBA takes a little practice to get it right. Are you getting a burnt taste, if so you have too much cotton. I cut my cotton to the edge of the deck and fluff it up good before inserting it into the holes. The cotton should not be shoved in real thick and go just above the bottom of the juice inlets. I sometimes get a little leaking upon first refill but never again. The taste using the RBA should be better than the stock coils not worse.

Pitbull77

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No I'm not getting a burnt cotton taste but I just noticed something while I was rewicking it. Without any cotton in the coil I was pulse firing it to get the extra juice off of the coil. When the juice was gone it started to smoke a little and the smell of it resembled the pungent taste of the vape. Could there be something on the coil that shouldn't be?

nlt2836

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you could post pics, that may help to diagnose the issue

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

GKG2017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No I'm not getting a burnt cotton taste but I just noticed something while I was rewicking it. Without any cotton in the coil I was pulse firing it to get the extra juice off of the coil. When the juice was gone it started to smoke a little and the smell of it resembled the pungent taste of the vape. Could there be something on the coil that shouldn't be?

It takes a few times. 3 times trial and error is not bad. Stick with it. Watch you tube video's on wicking it. Don't worry a little patience you'll get it right. Whenever you re-wick start out with low wattage then gradually increase to your desired level what you like to vape at.

You will save lot's of money with the RBA.

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Is the coil glowing from the inside out. Did you strum the coil to remove any hotspots?

Pitbull77

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
IMG_20170830_190004.jpg two different sizes of cotton I've tried. The coil is a X4 just for size comparison

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

You're probably just burning the crud off the coils. It's normal. Just pulse it a few times and it should go away.

Pitbull77

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Now I have noticed the OHMS is reading anywhere from .22 to .48 and that depends on how tight I screw the tank onto the mod. If i screw it down making it good and snug fit, it says short atomizer and don't abuse products

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Now I have noticed the OHMS is reading anywhere from .22 to .48 and that depends on how tight I screw the tank onto the mod. If i screw it down making it good and snug fit, it says short atomizer and don't abuse products
It's saying that because the base is a floating 510, and the mod 510 is spring loaded. When you screw it all the way down the base of the rba is pushing the pin down and contacting the negative portion of the base. The way to install the rba is to first screw it into the top portion of the tank onto the chimney, install the glass then screw the bottom portion on.

Frictionluvr

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I first learned to build on the baby beast rba...i learned you got about a 50-50 shot at getting it too work right...the wicking channels are so minimal, theres no room for error. Youd be better off the full size tfv8 rba or even better a kylin or ammit dual

VU Sponsors