Become a Patron!

Beware of Wizard Labs

Rconrad

Member For 3 Years
So I received my first order from Wizard Labs the other day. When I opened my flavors and smelled each one, I immediately knew the TFA Cucumber was not cucumber. after a taste, I confirmed to myself that it was definitely 100% banana. I sent an email to Wizard Labs explaining the issue and they asked me to send them a photo of the bottle, which I did. They responded with this....

Thank you for your reply! Unfortunately, as with all flavorings, individual tastes and smells are subjective, and will vary from one person to another. Because of the nature of individual tastes and preferences, Wizard Labs cannot offer refunds or replacements based on individual likes or dislikes of a manufacturer's particular flavoring, and all flavoring sales are final. We hope this information is helpful to you. Please feel free to respond to this e-mail with further questions or concerns. We will be more than happy to further assist you.

Sincerely,

Sharice
Wizard Labs

Needless to say, being accused of not knowing the difference between the taste and smell of a cucumber and banana infuriates me! And the fact that they can't make right and replace the $1.39 bottle of flavoring is extremely poor customer service and I will never order from them again. First impressions!!

Just wanted to make the community aware of their practices.

My mixes from WL always have a "chalky" aftertaste. Any ideas what could be causing this ie the flavorings or vg etc? Tx!

Rconrad

Member For 3 Years
Try nic from another source ;)

Yea-thats my point and i guess i should have included this in my first post: the WL nicotine was what i thought the culprit was to begin with so i tried carolina nicotine and it still had the chalky taste. The only thing that leaves is the vg or flavorings yet arent all uspa vg essentially the same ie they wouldnt leave a chalky aftertaste. The flavorings were mostly tfa or cappelas. Its a mystery to me

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yea-thats my point and i guess i should have included this in my first post: the WL nicotine was what i thought the culprit was to begin with so i tried carolina nicotine and it still had the chalky taste. The only thing that leaves is the vg or flavorings yet arent all uspa vg essentially the same ie they wouldnt leave a chalky aftertaste. The flavorings were mostly tfa or cappelas. Its a mystery to me
Try some other flavorings such as Flavorah, Totally Wicked Gold Standard. Those two have very little aftertaste to me.

jjdell

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thats a bit of a bummer. I got some grape flavour a while back that was supposed to be bourbon. The vendor immediately replaced it with ones that actually were bourbon. Maybe a different person there may have dealt with it correctly, get the wrong person on the end of the phone and its no joy. Brought a 4 wd few years ago and had an issue so rang the company. Guy was a pig. Waited and rang again and got a different person, this time the guy was A1 and not only made sure my issue was fixed but even gave me as a sorry a factory 3 yr extension to my warranty. Couldnt believe my luck. Best advice i could give dealing with complaints is be as polite as you'd be with the person you respect the most, never swear, dont blame the person your talking to never lose your cool. Catch more flies with honey than you will with vinegar. Not saying you've done any of that though, just sayin.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The biggest problem here seems to have been with the answer form the CS agent as well as with the excuse that flavorings smell different in concentrated form. While this is somewhat true, there is absolutely no way cucumber concentrate could smell like banana if you use the wafting method of smelling your concentrates. Using the wafting method (like they taught you in chemistry class) every concentrate should smell normal or close to it. But cucumber to banana....no way jose!

This thread doesn't turn me off to WL, but it does confirm that my aversion to buying repackaged flavorings is not unfounded.

VU Sponsors