Become a Patron!

Beware Avail Vapor

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ooh ... that's an ominous title, but there are a few reasons for such a dire warning in this, my first negative review of a vendor.

My wife wanted a simple, white mod, so when Avail put a Vapor Flask on sale, I grabbed one on October 1.

I received this Email from 'Bobby' at Avail on October 7th, a week after I ordered: "I am reaching out to you on behalf of AVAIL Vapor about your recent order placed on our website for the Vapor Flask Lite. It appears that the product has gone on backorder and we do not know if/when the next shipment of this product will arrive. Due to this issue, we are going to provide you with full refund of the product purchase in the next 72 hours."

Disappointed, sure, but these are the chances we take, right? Not so fast:
avail.jpg
Why, here's the page from which I ordered at the Avail website (I overlayed today's date). It shows the item I ordered, in white, available now. It's also listed on their "What's Hot?" page. So, why are they trying to sucker more vapers into ordering an item they acknowledge is out of stock? Perhaps they aren't a solid, respectable vendor. There are a lot of different choices one can make.

Thanks to respected member @Artemis who posted a link to enable server security validation, how did Avail do? security.jpg
OOPS!

Yeah, this is the point at which these guys were looking icky enough to pass along a warning. This is high-risk online shopping. Then again, YOLO!

Seriously, for those who care, find the products represented as 'In Stock' here and here see the entire report on their indifference to our ability to shop their website safely here.

I should disclose the fact I was offered a discount code (15%) for Avail lying about the availability of product and for putting my credit card at high risk for theft.

ETA: UPDATE: At the time of this purchase/refund process, my credit card info was swiped. :facepalm:

Coincidence? Perhaps, though I'm not much of a fan of serendipitous occurrence and believe it's bad luck to be superstitious. :D

Last edited:

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't know if this will help you but they throw in a free battery. I was looking for a coupon code but could not find one.
//

Vapeforward Vaporflask Lite Battery Mod with Battery
B-VFLITE
Vaporflask Lite Body
1 x Vapeforward Vaporflask Lite Battery Mod - White $0.00
1 x 18650 Battery
1 x 18650 2100mAh battery $0.00
$47.99 $47.99 Remove Item

Subtotal: $47.99
Login to earn: 48 Vape Points
Grand Total: $47.99

P.S. I haven't ran them thru the server security validation site.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Always a delight to have you grace a thread, @Artemis, and thank you for offering this alternative. A good deal, too, with the battery.

This reminds me (oh, no ... not another story). When I owned a retail store, the competition across town would often advertise items which were also in my store. I had customers come in to say something like, "Y'know, That Other Store has the same thing for a couple of dollars less, but they're out of them," to which I'd invariably reply, "Oh, yeah, when we're out of them, they're half-price."

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
:) I know I will not be ordering from avail and thank you for the heads up! (I had them in my bookmarks but never ordered.)

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep, this was my first time as well.

"Experience is just a name we give our mistakes." - Oscar Wilde

VU Sponsors