Become a Patron!

Better taste on 2nd hit

aquaholic2491

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is this normal? I get a muted taste on the first hit but if i immediately take another the flavor is very strong and good. Using a big baby rba twisted coils .319 ohms at 45 watts. Is it bad wicking on my part?

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not sure what kind of wire you're making your coils from but it could be that it's taking a moment or two to get the coils up to temp. I have that problem on any mod I have that doesn't have pre-heat using SS wire if it's been sitting a while unused. First draw is a bit meh, and everyone after that is good. YMMV

aquaholic2491

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not sure what kind of wire you're making your coils from but it could be that it's taking a moment or two to get the coils up to temp. I have that problem on any mod I have that doesn't have pre-heat using SS wire if it's been sitting a while unused. First draw is a bit meh, and everyone after that is good. YMMV
26 kanthal

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You might try bumping the power up a bit and see if that helps some. You can also try pushing the fire button a second before taking a draw the first time, at least that works for me.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Is this normal? I get a muted taste on the first hit but if i immediately take another the flavor is very strong and good. Using a big baby rba twisted coils .319 ohms at 45 watts. Is it bad wicking on my part?
Bad wick jobs usually affect the 2nd or later hits. Usually from too much cotton not allowing air to replace the lost juice (a partial vacumn). So if it's the first hit that sucks, then probably not your wick job.
bumped it up to 60 and now getting full flavor on first hit. Im an idiot.
Pre-fire your setup for .5-1 second before taking a hit. If that helps than your build just needs time to warm up.
If running at higher wattage results in a nice vape to start followed by a hot vape to finish then it's time to play with your mods and build (and let the fun begin).

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.

VU Sponsors