better clouds :/

cloudyjosh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hey guys I'm using innokin vf with 18650 mech mod with 24g kanthal 5 wraps around 3mm bit giving me .24 ohms and cotton wicking. Anybody got any tips how to improve my cloud sizes? Many thanks :)

cloudyjosh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's dual coils * :)

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hey guys I'm using innokin vf with 18650 mech mod with 24g kanthal 5 wraps around 3mm bit giving me .24 ohms and cotton wicking. Anybody got any tips how to improve my cloud sizes? Many thanks :)
Close as I can come. 1208141558a.jpg 1208141558.jpg I can cover the room with a few hits.

cloudyjosh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
what are you trying to show me? :)

cloudyjosh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ok thankyou I will order some flat and give it a go

cloudyjosh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ok will do so twist wire first then wrap the flat round and all goes into posts? :)

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey Josh, your thread on ecf still has no replies except mine. This place is better. ;) Lots of cloud tips in this sub forum and lots of other good stuff elsewhere on the VU. I still check out ecf due to the volume over there, but usually there's better quality here. Good luck bud. :)

cloudyjosh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree thanks mate :)

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you want those competition winning clouds, you will need the following items:
1. Copper mod. I love the FUhattan.
2. Cloudy atty. I love the Doge.
3. Chuff cap
4. Vg heavy liquid.
5. Sony vtc batteries.
6. Thick kanthal.
7. Two decimal ohm reader.
8. Knowledge.
9. No sense of self preservation.
10. Big lungs.

cloudyjosh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ok ill have to start getting all these, what is a chuff cap and I have a dreadnaut on order will this be as good as a copper mod its pins are all copper? :)

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Propably not. I have ss mods with copper contacts, but there is always voltage drop. Copper mods with magnetig firing buttons hit way harder than any other kind of tube mod. Fire button should work without springs, springs always cause voltage drop. You are gonna be ok, but builds that require lot of amps are gonna heat up slower, your mod will get hot etc.

cloudyjosh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ok I will have to look into a copper mod :) and what is a chuff cap? And what do you mean by voltage drop? :)

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Voltage drop, okay. Full battery has a charge of 4.2 volts, right? Voltage drop is a term used to describe how many of those volts actually get to your atomizer. Stainless steel conducts electricity rather well, but copper conducts even better. So copper has a lower voltage drop, and it packs more of a punch. And you can just google chuff enuff, should find an answer. Its just a larger drip tip built to a top cap, allowing more airflow and more vapor. Also it stays cooler than 510 drip tips.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Here is a chuff cap on my vanilla clone. I loooooove the chuff caps and will never use a different style again.
20141121_202031.jpg

cloudyjosh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ahh ok I thought it was along those lines and ahh I see so is the necro tip thats for the dreadnaut a chuff cap?

cloudyjosh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The necro tip "its huge!" :)

Attachments

• C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_drip-tip-tw-necro-ss-brass.jpg
    C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_drip-tip-tw-necro-ss-brass.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 15

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
nope, just a wide boar drip tip, but a cool one, i have two of the necro tips, i blued one with a torch and the other I left as is, good looking tips. A chuff cap is fitted right onto the RDA, has a wider boar than drip tips.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Chuff caps are approx half an inch, no 510 tip can come even close.

cloudyjosh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yeman like the sound of those will have to look into them what's the gear in the pic is it just vanilla mod clone? Looks awesome :)

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mr. Fog,
Your patina'd and painted setup is fucking sick. Really, nice job.
Thank you very much Boom! After Christmas, I am going to be doing custom set ups and selling them to a local shop and on ebay. Been having a blast, after my lady opens her Christmas present, Ill take a pic of it...I did a Manhattan clone with one hell of a blue patina, lots of tiny copper spots, antiqued the copper on the top and bottom, did a TOBH to match with an antique copper chuff cap....makes mine look like crap.

on my mod above, its a vanilla clone, with a TOBH v2 clone, did a patina, and pinstriped the channels on it with custom matched paint, then put a matching chuff cap on it. Going to upgrade the pins and put magnet switch on it after Christmas as well. The kids are hooking me up with a bunch of parts for Christmas hehehehe, yaaaaay.

cloudyjosh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
awesome how do you do this? An how much you chargin on ebay for a similar setup? :)

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Probably going to be around 120 area for a fully upgraded set up with all the bells and whistles in a custom box. Its not the hardest thing to do, a lot of people just don't want to bother with the process. Here is a video link to how to patina copper mods.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've seen some good examples of the blue patina with bits of copper still showing. It's one of my personal favorites. The colors of that style really look nice together. Take pics of your work when you finish pieces and share with us please. The one above looks better than it ever could stock.

VU Sponsors