Become a Patron!

Best Technique?

BrigSnip

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been vaping for almost a year now. My normal setup is an eLeaf iPower 80w with a SuperTank Mini and a .3 notch coil.

Anyway, my question is: what's the best way to vape to keep my coil / juice good? Is it better to take long inhales with a low wattage, or shorter inhales at a higher wattage? Thanks.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've been vaping for almost a year now. My normal setup is an eLeaf iPower 80w with a SuperTank Mini and a .3 notch coil.

Anyway, my question is: what's the best way to vape to keep my coil / juice good? Is it better to take long inhales with a low wattage, or shorter inhales at a higher wattage? Thanks.

Probably about 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. The only real way to keep your coils and wicks going longer is low amounts of flavoring (such as the tiny amount found in most tobacco-flavored vapes), and low or no added sweetener. Both WTA and NET type vapes will also cause gunking, though I think WTA may be worse.

As for slow/low or fast/high, that's really just a matter of personal preference. I smoked VA slims ultra-lights for 20+ yrs, so I was very accustomed to long draws, so that's how I vape; always a very low-wattage vaper, I take 4-6 second draws, with very little airflow -- similar to cigarettes.

Andria

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
There is no such thing as the best way to vape.
It's all in what you enjoy; or, what you want at any given time.
I've been vaping almost 5 years and still bounce from mouth to lung, with a 1ohm coil at 15w and long hits to direct lung with a 0.1ohm dual coil 160w and 1sec pulls- and everything in between.

It's all in what you like..... Until the FDA changes that

BrigSnip

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks. I didn't know if it mattered. Airflow is open. The SuperTank Mini has a clicky airflow control ring, and goes from fully open to seven clicks for fully closed. Mine is usually at 1 or 2.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
juice makes coils and wicks gunk up
nothing you can do
tobaccos,dessert,bakery,custard, and chocolate flavoring gunk up faster then say plain fruits
sweetneers speed the gunking up process

the only time i can think wattage matters is over heating the coil to burn the wick or too high wattage for the cotton to keep up with the wicking of teh juice.

SO yeah dont go to high in your wattage but other then that I dont think draw or wattage (30w versus 40watts) will make much of a difference in coil longevity

VU Sponsors