Become a Patron!

Best tank for VooPoo Drag (Flavor, leak proof, design)

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I just bought the VooPoo Drag mod and currently using it with my NRG SE tank from Vaporesso. I'm looking for a tank that is flavor based, leak proof, and designed well for the VooPoo Drag.

I was interested when I saw the SMOK TFV12 but then I remembered SMOK tanks leak like it's their job. I have yet to see a SMOK tank which doesn't leak. I'd prefer pre-made coils as they're easier for me. I'm not too interested in making my own coils.

Also I'd like to get a tank that looks cool with the Drag. Mine is black with resin so I'd like a matte black style tank

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I just bought the VooPoo Drag mod and currently using it with my NRG SE tank from Vaporesso. I'm looking for a tank that is flavor based, leak proof, and designed well for the VooPoo Drag.

I was interested when I saw the SMOK TFV12 but then I remembered SMOK tanks leak like it's their job. I have yet to see a SMOK tank which doesn't leak. I'd prefer pre-made coils as they're easier for me. I'm not too interested in making my own coils.

Also I'd like to get a tank that looks cool with the Drag. Mine is black with resin so I'd like a matte black style tank
I've actually got the Smok xbaby and haven't had a leak yet. Been about a month. I don't use it every day but it sits full of juice ready to go. So there's an option for you. And the flavor is really good. As far as coil life I've only used the one.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mainevape

Member For 1 Year

I use the big beast no leaks if I use eleaf Hw4 coils. The big baby beast fits pretty well anything larger will hang over.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The tfv12 prince is actually pretty good. Best tank smok have made! :)

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They've made so many it's hard to keep up

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They've made so many it's hard to keep up

I have more or less every tank they've done and I think they've improved the coils on the prince cos they last longer.
I wasn't a fan of the tfv12 king cos they need too much wattage.
The prince I can get a decent vape at 80 watts.
I don't know how people can vape a tfv12 king at 200 watts. There's no need at all

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got a black crown 3 with a custom drip tip..the provided drip tips suck and it's known to leak here and there so I guess this post may be irrelevant lol but im digging mine. Coils are stellar.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Check out the Freemax Firelord over at MFS, great flavor and only $11

Gavlan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I got a black crown 3 with a custom drip tip..the provided drip tips suck and it's known to leak here and there so I guess this post may be irrelevant lol but im digging mine. Coils are stellar.
Thats what the wife is using , she loves this set-up.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Since Letitia hasn't chimed in to say it yet, I will. :pCan't go wrong with the top airflow OBS Engine and Engine Nano. I have four Nano's and they do not leak, ever. I think the Geekvape Zeus rta is a top airflow with good flavor as well.

Edit: just noticed the preference for pre-made coils. Please disregard this post. I'm still in the process of drinking my morning coffee.

Could try the OBS engine sub. It comes with top airflow and pre-made coils.

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Just got a VooPoo Drag also, love this thing to death! Personally I switch tanks up on it, anything from my Apocalypse to my new Kayfun 5, all look the tits.

Can't recommend the Kayfun 5 enough, and you can get a clone to make sure you like the style before investing. It never ever has leaked on me and construction is second to none. Just my $0.02 :)

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got a VooPoo Drag also, love this thing to death! Personally I switch tanks up on it, anything from my Apocalypse to my new Kayfun 5, all look the tits.

Can't recommend the Kayfun 5 enough, and you can get a clone to make sure you like the style before investing. It never ever has leaked on me and construction is second to none. Just my $0.02 :)
I have an authentic kayfun 5 & it's a damn good tank that doesn't get mentioned enough on this site. For a restricted lung tank it cannot be beat!!

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I'm still wondering what the mod has to do with the flavor output of a tank, or are we talking looks as in, which tank does not have an overhang on the voopoo drag? Answer would be anything 22mm goes because of its little ledge anything bigger will have a slightly or extremely noticeable overhang. Yet nothing to do with the flavor lol.I use mine with the Aromamizer, kensei, kylin mini, drop and peerless because for me all these have great to amazing flavor, colors and mixy matchy doesn't matter much to me, performance is my main priority.

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Correct, mods don't affect flavor. HOWEVER this VooPoo Drag hits HARD for a regulated device, thus for me and my vaping style is helpful since I get immediate heating to the coil and I generally use coils with quick ramp up time. But I will admit that overhang drives me a little bonkers for pure aesthetic purposes.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Correct, mods don't affect flavor. HOWEVER this VooPoo Drag hits HARD for a regulated device, thus for me and my vaping style is helpful since I get immediate heating to the coil and I generally use coils with quick ramp up time. But I will admit that overhang drives me a little bonkers for pure aesthetic purposes.
That's why I like the tesla nano steampunk. It hits instantly

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I definitely recommend it, it's one of my most used mods. It's a heavy fucker like the voopoo drag but I like a hefty mod :)
Much like the voopoo it doesn't cost much either!
Now if I can find a Dani Extreme V2+ for my Kayfun life would be golden :)

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
HOLY CRAP nice find! Sorry wifey, time to drop some cash today. Awesome man good looking out.

snowbeast

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Petri rta by dotmod. It doesn't leak at all and gives tons of flavour
46015121e1251bc3459977eadc906888.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't have one atty that sits flush on my voopoo but I don't really give a shit cos that mod vapes great :)
It was either this or the 26650 and the build is a little low for that.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It was either this or the 26650 and the build is a little low for that.

I didn't know they'd done a 26650 mod. I mainly use dual battery mods but I have an Aegis for low wattage

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't know they'd done a 26650 mod. I mainly use dual battery mods but I have an Aegis for low wattage
Oh damn I should've been more specific. I've got a 26650 smpl mod I put it on most times.but running ss26 parallel in it right now so it's a little lower than I normally run. It's pulling 33 amps on the 30 ijoy mooch tested. Id just rather not even though it's only a 1 second pull at over 120watts.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh damn I should've been more specific. I've got a 26650 smpl mod I put it on most times.but running ss26 parallel in it right now so it's a little lower than I normally run. It's pulling 33 amps on the 30 ijoy mooch tested. Id just rather not even though it's only a 1 second pull at over 120watts.

Least your being safe. I used to vape at like 30 watts but now I vape like 70-100 watts so the battery life on my aegis at that wattage is awful

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Least your being safe. I used to vape at like 30 watts but now I vape like 70-100 watts so the battery life on my aegis at that wattage is awful
I bet so.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Omega Bft plus.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cool looks pretty sweet. I have used several RTA'S and ended up selling half of them. I've given up on shitty reviews cos they chat so much shit.
My last purchase was the Manta that everyone seems to love and I get zero flavour off it.
The only half decent one I've tried is the Ijoy Exo. I just find them that much of a hassle that I've gone back to sub ohm tanks

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hear that man. I mainly squonk but have this in hand for easy days I guess. Ha ha

Honestly I would had suggested Smok Cloud Beast for a good tank but considering it has had juice pour out of the bottom through the airflow hole not once but multiple times, I'm going to say definitely not! Just last night I went to pick up my vape & all I feel is juice all over my mod. Since this has happened to me in the past I take it apart and clean it and usually when I put it back together it seems to fix the issue of the leakage however after I clean it and put it back together and add juice it continued to leak. So I took it apart again. Finally it stopped leaking. Again though this isn't the first time it has happened.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Honestly I would had suggested Smok Cloud Beast for a good tank but considering it has had juice pour out of the bottom through the airflow hole not once but multiple times, I'm going to say definitely not! Just last night I went to pick up my vape & all I feel is juice all over my mod. Since this has happened to me in the past I take it apart and clean it and usually when I put it back together it seems to fix the issue of the leakage however after I clean it and put it back together and add juice it continued to leak. So I took it apart again. Finally it stopped leaking. Again though this isn't the first time it has happened.
Really?? My tfv8 and tfv12 have leaked once in the months I've had them

I had the baby Beast before I got the cloud Beast and it never leaked only reason I had to upgrade was because I was going through coils every 3 or 5 days. I started getting better juice so it would ruin the coils faster plus I wasn't able to vape at a high-wattage with the baby Beast. I never thought much of it until I started reading online that it is known to leak and considering it has leaked more than once I believe those reviews. I love the tank itself I just hate that it leaks on me occasionally

Really?? My tfv8 and tfv12 have leaked once in the months I've had them

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had the baby Beast before I got the cloud Beast and it never leaked only reason I had to upgrade was because I was going through coils every 3 or 5 days. I started getting better juice so it would ruin the coils faster plus I wasn't able to vape at a high-wattage with the baby Beast. I never thought much of it until I started reading online that it is known to leak and considering it has leaked more than once I believe those reviews. I love the tank itself I just hate that it leaks on me occasionally
You should check out the Cleito 120, it's not leaked on me once and vapes great at 100 watts. The coils are rated up to 120 but I pushed it to 160 when I first got it an had no dry hits but at 160 it was too warm a vape for the coil.
People I know only vape it at 70 but I find it underpowered.
I also love the Uwell Valyrian

I just got the Freemax Fireluke Mesh tank and it looks awesome on my Drag. Sits dead flush on top, no gap whatsoever at all. I have the silver Drag with black carbon fiber look. I think the Fireluke Mesh tank matches great. I debated between the black tank or the silver tank. I got the silver tank and I think its perfect. Love it.

Attachments

• IMG_2110.JPG
    IMG_2110.JPG
    344.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2109.JPG
    IMG_2109.JPG
    371 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2108.JPG
    IMG_2108.JPG
    449.3 KB · Views: 21

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got the Freemax Fireluke Mesh tank and it looks awesome on my Drag. Sits dead flush on top, no gap whatsoever at all. I have the silver Drag with black carbon fiber look. I think the Fireluke Mesh tank matches great. I debated between the black tank or the silver tank. I got the silver tank and I think its perfect. Love it.
That looks great

uansari1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year

I have a Voopoo Uforce tank that came with my Voopoo Too. The flavor on it is really good. I don’t use mine anymore since I got into RSAs with both feet, so I’ll probably put it up for sale soon...but it’s worth checking out.

Is it a good tank though. Been wondering

The Cascade is a cloud chucker..good thing it has a 7ml capacity. I do appreciate that it comes with an adapter allowing me to use NRG and TFV8 Baby coils.

VU Sponsors