Become a Patron!

Best tank for heavy vaper?

Hi all!

I was wondering what everyone thought the best tank for a "heavy vaper" might be.

I currently use a Kanger Mega and a Nautilus Aspire. While I love both, I tend to burn through coils at an unGodly rate lol I am talking less than a week per coil. I attribute this to vaping a lot during my work day (I work from home, so have much easier access to vaping time then most, I'm sure)

Basically, I am wondering which tank will give me a good vape, but won't need to have a coil change so frequently.

Thanks in advance!

Amanda :)

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I would check out the Aspire Atlantis, Kanger Subtank, and Joytech Delta 2.

dave61

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
a rebuildable is the way for you to go
Their coils will last longer and give a better vape
I was using a juice that killed a coil in two days so switched to a rebuildable and my coils now last two weeks or more with a rewick

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah outside of the Sub Tank and Atlantis I would suggest giving a Lemo or other rebuildable a try if you are a heavy vaper. Plenty of tools out there that make coils building easy. Once you build a good coil it should last for months. Then all you have to do is rewick it when the flavor starts to fade.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah outside of the Sub Tank and Atlantis I would suggest giving a Lemo or other rebuildable a try if you are a heavy vaper. Plenty of tools out there that make coils building easy. Once you build a good coil it should last for months. Then all you have to do is rewick it when the flavor starts to fade.
And a genny with stainless steel mesh wick can last a month or two without ever having to change it.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I second the Lemo tank for ease of build. You could literally vape the same coil for weeks, with just a pulsing to clean it, thread some fresh cotton in, job done.

You'd literally get the hang of it in one day, the flavor is miles beyond what you're used to, and they really don't leak at all in my experience. Also comes with enough kanthal wire, and organic cotton balls to last you a month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingFisher

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi all!

I was wondering what everyone thought the best tank for a "heavy vaper" might be.

I currently use a Kanger Mega and a Nautilus Aspire. While I love both, I tend to burn through coils at an unGodly rate lol I am talking less than a week per coil. I attribute this to vaping a lot during my work day (I work from home, so have much easier access to vaping time then most, I'm sure)

Basically, I am wondering which tank will give me a good vape, but won't need to have a coil change so frequently.

Thanks in advance!

I've been in the same boat. My coils would last 2 days. I upgraded to the BVC coils and got 4 days if I was lucky. I took people's advice to build coils and get a rba. I own almost everything made. My favorite is the Kayfun V4. Very easy to build on and the best part is coil and wick can be changed without emptying the juice from the tank. Flavor and vapor production rivals my drippers. Making coils really is simple. I build nice dual coils in like 8 minutes and I haven't been doing it very long. Couple weeks. Aspire coils are like 4 bucks at retail shop. 100 foot of kanthal 28g wire is 5 dollars. Cvs sterile cotton is like 2 bucks a box and lasts years. There are tons of videos out there to teach how to make them. If you want a class where you can watch and ask questions, get someone to skype with you to teach you... I would do it. I'll give you a tank I really don't like, length of wire, and some cotton to practice with. I'll even send you different sizes of drill bits you can wrap with. There is a website that will tell you the exact wraps needed to get the ohms you want. It's worth the time. My cotton and coils last months I vape 6 to 10 mls a day. No burnt taste. If I think flavor is lacking I replace the cotton and keep using the coil. Rba is the only way to go if you vape daily or heavy

j1969n

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have just acquired the kayfun V4 (clone) as I loved the kayfun lite (clone) and I couldn't be happier with the choice. I have tried a few different tank systems and have settled with the kayfun V4 and 28ga kanthol wrapped around a 2mm dowell about 7 or 8 times gives you about 1.4 ohms and if I remember right it will be about 12 watts on a fully charged battery. Check those numbers to be positive (or someone here could correct me) so you can be safe. Good luck on your quest for your perfect setup for your perfect vape. Vape on and be healthy.

Sent by my LG G2 filtered by the NSA for your approval.

Subtank w/RBA owns. Chucks perfect, dense clouds all day with very seldom a dry hit which is purely user-induced...damn fresh batt and my need to take long pulls on a low-ohm build. Capacity's respectable for a heavy vapehead: most I've ever filled mine in a day is 3 times when I first purchased it and couldn't put it down. Well...had it since X-mas and still can't...obviously for good reason. No leaks, no BS...only gripe is a personal wish for Dark Horse-like airflow and a wider chimney: but the OCC top has that, if I could only get off my ass and rebuild one to my specs, might answer that prayer. Love him or otherwise, Busardo's hour-long tour of it is pretty dead on the money if you need more info.

I've had the Atlantis...was cool for a minute, but I'm a mech mod guy and it just doesn't satisfy me. That and it shot hot juice through the tube at random inhalations. More for box guys, my guess. Sold it to a guy at the vape shop for $20 to offload and make me feel less buyer's remorse the day I bought the Subtank. No regrets.

Still break out the Orchid V4 every so often...it's cool, but it either leaks like a SOB or dry-hits...can never get the wicking just right.

Hope this helps. Cheers! :D

Kizzer49

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the looks of the kanger sub ohm. Im personally waiting to get some extra money for the lemo. Seen reviews and alotta people have g9d things to say about it.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm a heavy vaper w Max VG a or at the least 70% VG and I've been on a nautilus mini for a good 8-9 days same cool

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I gotta say the Subtank kicks some serious ass!!

I'm only using the stock coil and even still this thing was clouding my entire living room up last night.. 30 watts with only 50% vg too.. Chain vaping too and not even a hint of a dry hit

Can't wait to try out the RBA head this weekend

Blewt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What kind of juice are you using? I find that juice makes a huge difference when it comes to how long a coil stays usable (how long between dry burns). For instance, I love my DIY vanilla custard juice but it will turn a coil into a rabbit pellet in three days. My regular ADV juice lets me go 2+ weeks between dry burns.

I picked up a Nautilus to play around with over a month or so ago and granted I don't use it all that much, I'm only on my second coil.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Best tank for a heavy vaper is a rebuildable one.
Learn to build your own coils and you will get better results and cut your costs drastically.

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not to sound like a broken record here but the subtank is a great transition from traditional clearos to rebuildables. Chucks the clouds on stock coils and you've got the deck to practice on. Then when you jack up your coils building (and you will) you can switch back to the prebuilt coils! I vape on some pretty dark juices that gunk up coils fast most of the time and I've been vaping basically non-stop on my subtank since I got it 3-4 weeks ago without having to replace the stock 0.5 ohm coil.

Kizzer49

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not to sound like a broken record here but the subtank is a great transition from traditional clearos to rebuildables. Chucks the clouds on stock coils and you've got the deck to practice on. Then when you jack up your coils building (and you will) you can switch back to the prebuilt coils! I vape on some pretty dark juices that gunk up coils fast most of the time and I've been vaping basically non-stop on my subtank since I got it 3-4 weeks ago without having to replace the stock 0.5 ohm coil.
You made this tank sound even more attractive to me! Had any leaking problems!?

Im also in search for my next set up, im set on a lemo for tank. But still keeping my options open. Iv been obsessed with dripping, loving the fullness of the vape. Just finding the dripping a bit of a pain but eorth it. Lol

Last edited:

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You made this tank sound even more attractive to me! Had any leaking problems!?

Some, but a couple vape bands on the outside solved that! Also, if you're willing to wait a couple weeks the mini (22mm with RBA deck or stock coils) and the nano (just stock coils) will be out and those supposedly fix the O-ring issues with the 25mm version. I get a beautiful tasty vape on either the 0.5 or 1.2 ohm coils and it runs/fits great on my Smok XPRO BT50. Can't say enough for it honestly.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Damn 3-4 weeks on a stock coil? Thats insane.. I'm interested to see how it goes with mine since I use custards and they gunk up pretty quickly.. but if I can get that long between coils the 2 packs I just ordered will last a long ass time!

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Damn 3-4 weeks on a stock coil? Thats insane.. I'm interested to see how it goes with mine since I use custards and they gunk up pretty quickly.. but if I can get that long between coils the 2 packs I just ordered will last a long ass time!

Yeah man, maybe I'm not typical but I vape pretty much all day at work and the only thing I keep with me is my subtank. I've switched back and forth between the RBA and the 1.2 ohm coil just to try em out but my go to has been the 0.5. I may be getting close to having to change it out now but my local B&M sells individual coils for $3 so yeah I can handle 75 cents a week for this quality of vape.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah man, maybe I'm not typical but I vape pretty much all day at work and the only thing I keep with me is my subtank. I've switched back and forth between the RBA and the 1.2 ohm coil just to try em out but my go to has been the 0.5. I may be getting close to having to change it out now but my local B&M sells individual coils for $3 so yeah I can handle 75 cents a week for this quality of vape.

MyFreedomSmokes is offering 40% if you buy more than 1 pack of coils.. I just ordered 2 more .5 packs and I paid 24$ with shipping I believe.. ordered Wed - shipped same day and they are already at my house tonight.

I haven't even messed with the RBA part yet but I really like how they included pre-built coils and cotton.. I mean for 35$ I seriously am impressed with everything they give you with it

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi all!

Thanks in advance!

START DRIPPING

TheGreatWhiteBuffalo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Like everyone else says. It's time to step up to rebuildables. I was going through the same thing, and that was the answer that worked. Well either that or vape less...
ok ok I'm joking. I know.
there are a lot of rebuildable tanks out there, I'm sure you'll find one, or 5, that suits you.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I got an Atlantis a week or so ago and I hate it. You lung hitters are ruining vaping for those of us that hit mods like we used to hit analogs :)

If you use the RDA on a sub tank you don't have to lung hit. You can get away with a mouth to lung on the factory head. It is not the best though. The RDA makes it more like a kayfun. That you can open up. Even all the way open it is not really open like with the heads

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got an Atlantis a week or so ago and I hate it. You lung hitters are ruining vaping for those of us that hit mods like we used to hit analogs :)

You don't have to open it all the way and don't have to lung hit.

Oh and you got it wrong, it's you mouth hitters ruining vaping for those of us that hit it like it should be hit:D

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm a heavy vapor also and Kanger sub tank is a POS, To big, looks like a fat chick in skinny jeans on most mods and the stock coils are junk.
Atlantis is superior in all categories....period. Gave the Kanger sub back to the guy i borrowed it from... Hated it.
If ya wanna build coils with a tank get a Billow or Lemo.

TheGreatWhiteBuffalo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Youde Goblin and Silverplay from sub ohm are on pre order right now. They both look really good and are about $30 each.

Blewt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you use the RDA on a sub tank you don't have to lung hit. You can get away with a mouth to lung on the factory head. It is not the best though. The RDA makes it more like a kayfun. That you can open up. Even all the way open it is not really open like with the heads

I just bought the Atlantis to play around with, but I was hoping it would do .5 across the spectrum - tighter draw to open/airy draw. I was wrong.

Even on the lowest air hole there is so much air in the damn chamber that by the time you hit it like a Kayfun, etc. half of the hit is just air. It really is terrible. Kayfuns have those little reduced chambers that are nothing but vapor. The Atlantis is mostly air for the first half second no matter which airflow setting you use.

You don't have to open it all the way and don't have to lung hit.

Oh and you got it wrong, it's you mouth hitters ruining vaping for those of us that hit it like it should be hit:D

No way, dude. Devices like the Atlantis should have a warning label that says "Clouds, brah", so those of us that aren't trying to fog up a room would know to avoid that silly shit :)

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well you're supposed to ask around and buy a device best suited for your needs and not just buy something because it looks nice.
It's like buying a fast car because it looks nice and then complain that it drives too fast.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm a heavy vapor also and Kanger sub tank is a POS, To big, looks like a fat chick in skinny jeans on most mods and the stock coils are junk.
Atlantis is superior in all categories....period. Gave the Kanger sub back to the guy i borrowed it from... Hated it.
If ya wanna build coils with a tank get a Billow or Lemo.
U might not like it but THE SUBTANK IS NOT a POS!!
ATLANTIS is IMO IS THE POS!! LITTLE TANK,the flavor is muted, now if u want to blow clouds go ahead DRIP!!
The SUBTANK,SUBTANK MINI AND THE NANO
WILL COVER ALL VAPERS NEEDS!!!

VaporLadyLounge

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Since you have already enjoyed the Kanger product line, the Subtank would a good choice for you, the Atlantis is good too! Taste is subjective, the only real way you will know is to try it yourself... I learn about new tanks and equipment by going to local Vape Meets where you can "Try Before You Buy" in many cases..Good luck to you in you Vaping Journey!

VaporLadyLounge

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I want them ALL, and probably will end up with them all, I can always PIF to a friend if it;s not my cuppa joe...

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would LOVE a sub tank:

viewthread.php

The 510 connector on that atomizer looks mighty tough!

Blewt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well you're supposed to ask around and buy a device best suited for your needs and not just buy something because it looks nice.
It's like buying a fast car because it looks nice and then complain that it drives too fast.

I agree. Expecting a device to perform like every other device on the planet was asking way too much.

These fast cars sure are fancy. I guess I should take my hillbilly ass back to the farm.

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
U might not like it but THE SUBTANK IS NOT a POS!!
ATLANTIS is IMO IS THE POS!! LITTLE TANK,the flavor is muted, now if u want to blow clouds go ahead DRIP!!
The SUBTANK,SUBTANK MINI AND THE NANO
WILL COVER ALL VAPERS NEEDS!!!
LOL! Kanger fanboyz crack me up. Ride dat kanger dick son...ride it!

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL! Kanger fanboyz crack me up. Ride dat kanger dick son...ride it!
There's no such thing as a FANBOY HERE SON!! Im just stating the FACTS that the subtank is not a POS, its a solid device with dual purpose,nice design and in its own ways, I purchased my SUBTANK from here VU, the seller didn't like it because it was to airy for him, with that being said vaping is a very subjective hobby what I like you might not like! But to comment NON-SENSE ain't right!!

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Regardless of its performances, I must admit I'm a bit confused by the Subtank: why would you want a RBA that can be turned into a clearo? If you're used to a good rebuildable, it's not like you're going to wake up in the morning thinking "Hey, today I think I'll install a pre-built head and degrade my vape quality for the day."

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Regardless of its performances, I must admit I'm a bit confused by the Subtank: why would you want a RBA that can be turned into a clearo? If you're used to a good rebuildable, it's not like you're going to wake up in the morning thinking "Hey, today I think I'll install a pre-built head and degrade my vape quality for the day."
I personally think the subtank is aimed more at the newer vapers (like me) who may not have the budget to go out and get multiple devices or who may have never tried building an RBA before. For that market it works great, I can get an awesome vape off the stock coils or swap it over to RBA mode and try out a new build. I love it

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah yes, maybe as a transition device of some sort. Something you're confident will work with pre-built heads, but lets you goof with kanthal and cotton as well. Makes sense...

Just wait till you get used to the rebuildable part of it: if it's as good as what I get out of my hardware, you'll never buy a pre-built head again :)

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There's no such thing as a FANBOY HERE SON!! Im just stating the FACTS that the subtank is not a POS, its a solid device with dual purpose,nice design and in its own ways, I purchased my SUBTANK from here VU, the seller didn't like it because it was to airy for him, with that being said vaping is a very subjective hobby what I like you might not like! But to comment NON-SENSE ain't right!!
I carried one for 2 weeks. Leaked out the base and soaked my Sigelei every day. It's not just one either. There's so many people on their Facebook page complaining about leaks that the Kanger admin. is deleting the posts..lame as hell. Vapor performance also pales to the Atlantis. I can make as much vapor with a mini Nautilus bvc at 20 watts as I could with those junk OCC coil heads. Plus the added bonus of burnt hits if I hit it to many times in a row. So yea..the 1st Sub Tank is just another oversized POS just like the Kanger Unitanks, the ProTank 2, the Aero Mega, the Quad Turbo..on and on,One Kanger turd right after another. Maybe the Sub Mini and Sub Nano will be ok... we'll see.

Last edited:

Hey! it's just Ray...

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I tend to burn through coils at an unGodly rate lol I am talking less than a week per coil.
I can't turn shit up past 13w usually 12w's or so, so I can make a new coil last
one day! If I don't get to vape happy I can make A DAY out of ONE coil!
I have to keep a pack of coils near by and handy like a pack of cigarettes.

I guess I need to be jumping back on the coil building and sub thing again myself.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I carried one for 2 weeks. Leaked out the base and soaked my Sigelei every day. It's not just one either. There's so many people on their Facebook page complaining about leaks that the Kanger admin. is deleting the posts..lame as hell. Vapor performance also pales to the Atlantis. I can make as much vapor with a mini Nautilus bvc at 20 watts as I could with those junk OCC coil heads. Plus the added bonus of burnt hits if I hit it to many times in a row. So yea..the 1st Sub Tank is just another oversized POS just like the Kanger Unitanks, the ProTank 2, the Aero Mega, the Quad Turbo..on and on,One Kanger turd right after another. Maybe the Sub Mini and Sub Nano will be ok... we'll see.
I AGREE all the previous KANGERS are POS!! You had a bad experience I get it...you have to know how to vape PROPERLY, the subtank is a MOUTH TO LUNG CLEARO/RBA, IMO its best to vape it MOUTH TO LUNG, THE draw on it is tight compare to the Atlantis,u got leaking,dry hits etc?? You are not vaping the CORRECT WAY! IMO

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I AGREE all the previous KANGERS are POS!! You had a bad experience I get it...you have to know how to vape PROPERLY, the subtank is a MOUTH TO LUNG CLEARO/RBA, IMO its best to vape it MOUTH TO LUNG, THE draw on it is tight compare to the Atlantis,u got leaking,dry hits etc?? You are not vaping the CORRECT WAY! IMO

You contradict yourself. You said in an earlier post that the Subtank will "cover all vapers need". Those who do direct lung hits seem excluded from the party however. Not quite "all vapers" then I guess...

Also, there is no "correct way" of vaping: if the hardware doesn't do what you want, find stuff that does. There is no reason for the user to bend to the limitation of the hardware.

Additionally, if you want to be taken seriously, you need to quit using caps all the fucking time: it makes you look like a retarded teenager who's just discovered the internet...

Kizzer49

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I feel like some people here are just fanboys. Either tank sounds like they do what they are. Suppose too.

Kizzer49

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
True. I am liking the kanger mini. But mainly for the rebuildable deck. But I plan picking up the lemo when I get a new tank.

VU Sponsors