Become a Patron!

Best RDA under $20

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Just in case the Derringer doesnt come in like the rda before it didnt make it. I got a little gauntlet I want to throw down for a new rda for yall to help me find.

The Requirements:
1) 4 build posts (2neg 2 pos)
2) adjustable pin for use on hybrid
3) really wide bore tip
4) airflow that allows for killer clouds and flavor (maybe lower airflow to pull from under coil)
5) US vendors only
6) under $20 (free shipping perferred)
7) have enough for quad coil builds

Copper finish perferred but not necessary.
Love to see what yall suggest and believe the people here are the most knowledgable on the planet. Thanks yall.

Last edited:

retic1959

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just in case the Derringer doesnt come in like the rda before it didnt make it. I got a little gauntlet I want to throw down for a new rda for yall to help me find.

The Requirements:
1) 4 build posts (2neg 2 pos)
2) adjustable pin for use on hybrid
3) really wide bore tip
4) airflow that allows for killer clouds and flavor (maybe lower airflow to pull from under coil)
5) copper finish perferred but not required.
6) under $20 (free shipping perferred)
7) have enough for quad coil builds

Love to see what yall suggest and believe the people here are the most knowledgable on the planet. Thanks yall.
It's not in copper but this is one badass RDA .
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3...city-styled-rda-rebuildable-dripping-atomizer

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mutation X v3. Authentics are available from US vendors for under $20. The pin isn't adjustable, but it protrudes enough that it works fine on hybrid mechs. Meets all other requirements.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Not bad, anyone else have any suggestions? i been looking at a few trolls and the royal hunter. i seen one with this badass body that had this weird inner design that prevented spit back and swirled the vapor as well as caused it to vacuum and make more vapor. Cant find it anywhere again. It was only like $10 bucks. Know any of you knowing which it was is best chance of finding it again as well as where it is.

I do however have a mutation on my to buy list. Guess I can get it and run it til I can afford the mutation x mod and maybe a Royal Hunter or Bubble rda. Really want something with no labeling on it to match the smpl but this can work. Any more suggestions that fit my initial requirements?

otto85

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
101Vapes has a shit ton of rdas on sale right now i believe the trolls r $10 their clobes but its all good imo

sent from the back of Otto's bus

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Doesn't meet your requirements, but a Derringer looks pretty slick on a SMPL. Happy hunting.
ucY3kVE.jpg

zWjUe2J.jpg

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Thats the size of a smpl? Dunno why, but thought it would be bigger. Kind of like my eGo ONE 2200 mah battery. Thought it would have been hella bigger. Guess somewhere in my mind I keep comparing everything to a basic evod. i supposed to be having a Derringer shipped to me tomorrow but not holding my breath. Guy shipped me a Doge V2 in a regular envelope and it didnt make it and he said he just gonna use a thicker envelope and ship me the derringer and 6 hats so pretty damn sure its not gonna show. I have been looking awful hard at Doge V2, Doge X2s and Mutations. I just really want something simple for the smpl. I mean, if the Derringer shows I can always throw one of the hats for it in a vise and saw off the tip then use a stepped bit to slowly drill it out to take a chuff cap right? Also, do you have to use the afc ring in the derringer?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Mutation x is a cloud maker..has more air flow than anything i have currently..i need a much lower ohm build to even come close to using it all on a 3 second hit and cloud up a room..only using the first 3 vertical holes with .5 ohm on the smpl and its not a very warm vape...if i close it slightly more i get good flavor but less clouds.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Mutation x is a cloud maker..has more air flow than anything i have currently..i need a much lower ohm build to even come close to using it all on a 3 second hit and cloud up a room..only using the first 3 vertical holes with .5 ohm on the smpl and its not a very warm vape...if i close it slightly more i get good flavor but less clouds.

Which of the versions do you have? Im considering 2 and 4.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Thats exactly what I was just staring at lol. Either way Imma buy one. I got a chubby thinking how badass it would be to show up at a comp with matching mutation x mod and rda while rest are running mix matched rig mod and doge rdas etc. Of course that might make me look a lil more stylish than them lol. Still want all the imput i can get on this because my ULTIMATE goal is 31 setups. HUGE REDICILOUS I know but I love vaping that much.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
From left to right...Patriot clone, copper SMPL clone(custom patina ) and matching copper mutation X v2 , Aluminum/copper Manhattan clone with a plume veil v1 clone and a nemesis copper clone with an Infinite CLT v3 atty.
20150713_020050.jpg

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thats exactly what I was just staring at lol. Either way Imma buy one. I got a chubby thinking how badass it would be to show up at a comp with matching mutation x mod and rda while rest are running mix matched rig mod and doge rdas etc. Of course that might make me look a lil more stylish than them lol. Still want all the imput i can get on this because my ULTIMATE goal is 31 setups. HUGE REDICILOUS I know but I love vaping that much.
I wouldnt worry so much about style in a competition...id bring a beat up scratched up mod and matching atty as long as it performed.

Best thing to do is see what people are using..id worry more about a coil build and wicking than what mod i brought to the comp..SMPL is a good mod..said to be less voltage drop although i havent really noticed that in a brief test tonight i did...All be it ,maybe variables or gremlins but my nemesis had the least voltage drop off connected to the mutation x atty by .05 of a volt ( 3.83v vs 3.88v)..the manhatten was 3.78v...This at .5ohm with a vtc4

Its been said before just taking a battery out and putting it back in can change numbers..also what ohm the build is changes numbers...how well the coil is built ,etc... so, im going to say this whole voltage drop thing is very minimal and i would concentrate on the build more than anything.

Last edited:

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
WELL you showed me yours here is what I got in hand; Genitank2, 2 Arotank2s (1 with upgraded AFC, Sigelei Magic Wand, Sony VTC5, eGoONE 2200mah, eGo ONE 1.8ml, Smok GCT with DIY head, Smok X Pro M80 plus. The magic wand, vtc5, and the Kanger tanks are about to be gone. I need the cash and the magic wand only goes 1.0ohm or higher. I am subohm only now.

Attachments

• CAM00205.jpg
    CAM00205.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 12

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I just love how everyone around here has either Apollos or Rigs at the comps because those are "Comp" mods. Lately its been all rigs or apollos with doges or Turbos on them....except for the last winner. He had a stingray with a Bubble rda on it. The looks everyone gave his setup saying it wasnt comp level and he couldnt win went quiet quick when he took first puff.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
From left to right...Patriot clone, copper SMPL clone(custom patina ) and matching copper mutation X v2 , Aluminum/copper Manhattan clone with a plume veil v1 clone and a nemesis copper clone with an Infinite CLT v3 atty.
View attachment 24508
Who did that work on the smpl and mutation? Looks wicked. I was looking for a skin for the one I ordered in a zombie like pattern but discovered they dont exsist. Seen a guys mod who is so into Walking Dead he had one made for his apollo with the picture of beth on it said RIP and something corny on it with a pastel pink background and hot pink blood spatter design. All his mods are done up walking dead with characters but his "beth" mod is only one with some sweet eulogy kinda thing.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I got it in a trade..from my understanding a VU member did the work on it..has a couple spots where the clear and color has come off but its not bad..Not really a fan of the custom patina look..i like the natural copper look like the nemesis is and the way it darkens from the use with the hands and time.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Well it is fucking awesome in my book. Can just emagine some of my uppity snobby friends seeing that. Not to mention the eyes of the Rig and Apollo guys at the competitions. They would be petrified thinking someone had some badass custom and elite $2,000+ competition setup. The comp guys around here are very narrow minded and it seems they stopped looking at what is actually out there nowadays after they got their gear. One dude actually thinks nicrome 80 is a tc wire.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well..im no competition expert by any means so im sure quite a few of them have some knowledge i wouldnt mind having..Those guys with the expensive mods see something in maybe the improved quality...i guess if you want the best you have to pay for it..Not to say some clones of mods and attys havent placed quite well or even won something at some time.

Its seems almost crazy to pay that much for a metal tube and switch but some of them do.

Its not always the nicest looking car at a drag racing event that wins or the one who spent the most amount of money on the car...its the knowledge.

As a former NMRA drag racer back when they first started you couldnt do much at all to your mustang and, know how that got you down the track fast..today its about money to go fast in the class i ran in ,"factory stock"...i was running near mid 12s with under drive pulleys and gears ,slicks and a some motor tuning. (Maybe a few tricks as well)..today they run 10s with custom machine work done to the blocks and cranks and allow better flowing cylinder heads etc..I left series when it became a money sport in a sense...wasnt fun anymore to me.

Anyway my point is you may can learn something from some of those guys..make some friends and hang out where they do..get some advice from them..maybe see if one would show you a coil they use or, make one for you at some point...but let me tell you now they dont build a .075 ohm coil..lol

An SMPL clone and a mutation are a dime a dozen but doesnt mean they cant perform with some know how...I doubt i could impress anyone with what i have as well...im as new as you are with mech mods and rda's...one day maybe ill attend a comp and kick some ass...who knows.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think a comp where everyone gets the same mech mod and atty and battery would separate the top of the sport...make it all about the coil builder.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
From the numbers Ive seen here and there, hybrid mods such as apollo and rig and smpl etc have very little power difference. I wouldnt even mind them saying "hey heres a mod with fully charged battery use your rda only". I mean after all, the owner of the rda knows what works for them and if it was a designated rda those with the rda already know what kills on it and those without it wouldnt.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Out of 5 items 2 still are showing only shipping label is created. Hmmm the store is saying with first class packages it may not update until it is in transit......not buying this story.

LuTang

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
another nod for the velocity RDA clone. 2 post 4 hole design. big ole holes. easier to build than 4 post IMO. flavor or clouds. deep juice well. huge bore, easy to drip.

http://vapenw.com/velocity-rda-by-tobeco

been loving mine.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Ordered a Twisted Messes from 3FVapes and Derringer with comp hat from a VU member today. BOTH, SHIPPED, UNDER $ 20 TOTAL. FINALLY decided to give china one more chance. Will let yall know how they turn out.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Well..im no competition expert by any means so im sure quite a few of them have some knowledge i wouldnt mind having..Those guys with the expensive mods see something in maybe the improved quality...i guess if you want the best you have to pay for it..Not to say some clones of mods and attys havent placed quite well or even won something at some time.

Its seems almost crazy to pay that much for a metal tube and switch but some of them do.

Its not always the nicest looking car at a drag racing event that wins or the one who spent the most amount of money on the car...its the knowledge.

As a former NMRA drag racer back when they first started you couldnt do much at all to your mustang and, know how that got you down the track fast..today its about money to go fast in the class i ran in ,"factory stock"...i was running near mid 12s with under drive pulleys and gears ,slicks and a some motor tuning. (Maybe a few tricks as well)..today they run 10s with custom machine work done to the blocks and cranks and allow better flowing cylinder heads etc..I left series when it became a money sport in a sense...wasnt fun anymore to me.

Anyway my point is you may can learn something from some of those guys..make some friends and hang out where they do..get some advice from them..maybe see if one would show you a coil they use or, make one for you at some point...but let me tell you now they dont build a .075 ohm coil..lol

An SMPL clone and a mutation are a dime a dozen but doesnt mean they cant perform with some know how...I doubt i could impress anyone with what i have as well...im as new as you are with mech mods and rda's...one day maybe ill attend a comp and kick some ass...who knows.
My oh my, I did this as well. Had a 1991 LX with 5.0 & 5 speed. Remember the ole True Street class where only factory mustangs could be used. Was fun hunting down a cam from this mustang, heads from that etc all to keep it fair. Think this is why cloud comps provide the batt and liquid and require single batt tubes. Keeps it all about the tuning.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
another nod for the velocity RDA clone. 2 post 4 hole design. big ole holes. easier to build than 4 post IMO. flavor or clouds. deep juice well. huge bore, easy to drip.

been loving mine.

I have to second this. I found my IVOGO clone on eBay for $17.99 shipped. I think it came from West Virginia. I use it for TC Ni200 builds and the airflow options are endless. I vape it mostly closed off and my living room looks like early morning in the rainforest after a couple strong pulls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

been loving mine.

The velocity is my next purchase i think...im not finding it easy to center the coils on the 4 post or even 3 post designs without getting a wire pulled over on top of the another or whatever..Have a magma coming as well..I may find my happy spot with 2 post design.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I talked to Gina of 3FVapes, she talked me into trying 3F and I gave her a list of rdas I liked and ones yall recommended. After quite a few messages and emails we both decided a competition clone, the Twisted Messes. Since I have a discount code, I ordered one with ALL the afc rings. Had enough left over to buy a full Derringer kit with 5 hats and a custom ultra wide bore competition cap. Granted I got the derringer goods from a guy on here, I actually got 2 rdas, 1 competition 1 derringer for less than $20 including shipping on both. Think I did good. Once I get them and try them out Imma post the reviews in my google+, review blog and on here. I have yet to ever hear of anyone running a Twisted Messes.

My next purchase I think will be a 13 Heavens & 9 Hells and a Copper Caravela.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Also have a eGo ONE 2200 MAH battery/mod and tank I am TOTALLY WILLING to part with. This second I got my RTA on it with a 0.45 setup and it blows big ass clouds. I just wanna go ALL rebuildable.

VU Sponsors