Become a Patron!

Best prebuilt coils and how many wraps for Diablo

Cloudchaser1980

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi,

So I just broke my griffin because for some reason I couldn't get the coils to light up at the same time and the fucking taste always tasted burn, even with the high end cotton. I decided to purchase a clone Diablo and was wondering which prebuilt coils should I buy for best taste and how many wraps. Links would be highly appreciated and any feed back how to wick the diablo

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
which prebuilt coils should I buy for best taste
There is no "best" --- everyone has a different taste / opinion --- aka - it is subjective to the end user.

Hit up YouTube for wicking techniques and how to videos --- there are a lot out there.
search for "Diablo RTA wicking"

I couldn't get the coils to light up at the same time
You didn't have identical Ω coils - On a dual coil atty both coils have to be identical wire, and wraps. AKA, they were out of balance.

fucking taste always tasted burn
You probably had the wattage to high for the ohm of the coils. Plus the above .. coils were out of balance. The other possibility is that you didn't have the hotspots worked out of the coils. If one has a bad hot spot and the other does not it will not vape good as one side heats quicker than the other.

Again, hit up YouTube to get a clear understanding of how to prep coils and wicking.

Last edited:

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Well lets see...

Im not sure how Phatomop came to the conclusion your coils were not identical...but that could be true
You could have burnt up the peek insulator some
theres alot of things without photos of wht you had that caused problems its hard to say

but you asked what prebuilt coils to get

well basically depends on things but a good starting point is fused claptons in 316L SS
https://www.advancedvapesupply.com/...sed-clapton-coils-x10-pcs?variant=29050502977

go with a 3.0 mm ID with 8 wraps.

When you get them if they are too long take a wrap off

this should get you around .2 ohms in dual coil

look on youtube for a wicking video for the diablo

other option get
@raymo2u or @b_d_builders to make you custom coils. Speak with them they are super knowledgable and super friendly and can help you figure out what you want and their prices are quite reaosnable

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would swap the coils with one another. From right to left (using the posts as your north south divider). If it's the coils than the same problem will repeat itself, except now on the opposite side. If it's the atty than the same side would continue to heat up first.
I'm just 1 person, but my Griffin25 has been a pretty good tank. Not the best in flavor, but very few problems.

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
well then that makes sense
I wasn't paying attention to the details and wrapped one coil at 5 wraps and the other at 7 wraps. I was doing a macro un-spaced coil (very new to coils) and one side of my RDA would light right up red, the other side just kinda lagged along. Took a head scratch or two and I looked at them and went "oh duh..."

I've gotten a bit better at the details now. :D

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi,

So I just broke my griffin because for some reason I couldn't get the coils to light up at the same time and the fucking taste always tasted burn, even with the high end cotton. I decided to purchase a clone Diablo and was wondering which prebuilt coils should I buy for best taste and how many wraps. Links would be highly appreciated and any feed back how to wick the diablo

Do you want prebuilt coils or do you want to make your own?
For prebuilts I recommend Advance Vape Supply out of Colorado.
https://www.advancedvapesupply.com/

As for how many wraps on a prebuilt coil; it depends on what will fit your atty, what ohms you like to vape at, how much power is available from your Mod.

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.

VU Sponsors