Become a Patron!

Best mouth to lung atomizer

lcgixxer87

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My wife is fixin to finally start vaping and wants a mouth to lung device coming off the cigarettes. I'd like some feedback and advice on the best mouth to lung atty, one with great flavor and decent vapor production (for a mouth to lung that is) thanks, and go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My wife is fixin to finally start vaping and wants a mouth to lung device coming off the cigarettes. I'd like some feedback and advice on the best mouth to lung atty, one with great flavor and decent vapor production (for a mouth to lung that is) thanks, and go!

Check out the new Berserker from Vandy Vape. Legit MTL tank and very affordable.

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

I love the SXK Doggy style MTL tank from Fasttech. Bought 4 more after getting the first. The only negative is you often have to use the little screwdriver that comes with it in the airhole slot to unscrew the base. A little over 10 bucks using the discount code MAP . Excellent flavor and easy to build, I use 28AWG SS 6 spaces wraps 2.5 mm, 0.6 ohms at 11 to 12W. For prebuilt coils my fav is a Triton Mini using Nautilus 1.6 or 1.8 ohm coils. Never had a leak on either of those.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It vapes great... but leaks like a bastard. so far we can't get any use out of it, because of all the leaking. :(

Andria
Have not had it leak once on me. I have had one for well over a month.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Are you looking for a rebuild and or something with replacement coils?

BAM crew

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
It vapes great... but leaks like a bastard. so far we can't get any use out of it, because of all the leaking. :(

Andria
That's why I'm not going to get a Berzerker, I vape thinner high PG juice at low power 8 to 12W like you and if a tank is gonna leak out the air holes it will do it with that. I've read another report of it leaking as well. The kanger subtank mini some swore it wouldn't leak and it leaked like a firehose with me once it got down less than half in hot weather, and I read dozens of others say it leaked with them as well. I think whether a tank leaks out the air holes a big factor is power level, pg/vg ratio, ambient temperature (hot weather thins the juice) and vaping style.

lcgixxer87

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Definitely something leak free. She will prob vape cheaper juices to start but ill show her the premiums. I dont mind building her some little coils but I hope she takes to it and starts to do her own maintenance but if not I'll keep it changed out for her. So cartridge/build it doesn't matter, I can twist some tiny kanthal coils if needed and wick it for her. I dunno though it's up to her. But I'm sure leaking would definitely turn her away. I'm in the market for a Merlin rdta so that lets y'all know I have no knowledge about mtl devices. I started on a tank never really used one but she wants it. I've been trying to get her to vape for years and she's finally really ready. I ordered her a eleaf pico mod. She likes the look of it and that mod can start off easy and graduate up pretty darn far if needed. Just ordered me an alien 220 as really we are both getting off the cigs for me it's the 4th or 5th time but I mean business this time. Thanks y'all keep the suggestions coming.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Have not had it leak once on me. I have had one for well over a month.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I can't figure it out to save my life. It's driving me batshit, bcause I love the way it vapes.

Andria

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's why I'm not going to get a Berzerker, I vape thinner high PG juice at low power 8 to 12W like you and if a tank is gonna leak out the air holes it will do it with that. I've read another report of it leaking as well. The kanger subtank mini some swore it wouldn't leak and it leaked like a firehose with me once it got down less than half in hot weather, and I read dozens of others say it leaked with them as well. I think whether a tank leaks out the air holes a big factor is power level, pg/vg ratio, ambient temperature (hot weather thins the juice) and vaping style.

Well according to the review vid I watched, it should be fine with juice that's like 60/40 or 70/30, though possibly not with juice thicker than that (PG coming first, of course, for purely ALPHABETICAL reasons as well as tradition!). My son vapes some 70/30, some 60/40, and some 50/50.. and they all leaked from the Berserker. Sometimes it seems to come from the airholes... but when I tried it out, it seemed to be oozing out right under the bottom edge of the glass. No fucking clue what to do with it to try and fix it. I'm even considering possibly doubling-up on the bottom o-ring, so that maybe the edge of the glass is more tightly sealed.

Andria

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Definitely something leak free. She will prob vape cheaper juices to start but ill show her the premiums. I dont mind building her some little coils but I hope she takes to it and starts to do her own maintenance but if not I'll keep it changed out for her. So cartridge/build it doesn't matter, I can twist some tiny kanthal coils if needed and wick it for her. I dunno though it's up to her. But I'm sure leaking would definitely turn her away. I'm in the market for a Merlin rdta so that lets y'all know I have no knowledge about mtl devices. I started on a tank never really used one but she wants it. I've been trying to get her to vape for years and she's finally really ready. I ordered her a eleaf pico mod. She likes the look of it and that mod can start off easy and graduate up pretty darn far if needed. Just ordered me an alien 220 as really we are both getting off the cigs for me it's the 4th or 5th time but I mean business this time. Thanks y'all keep the suggestions coming.

The standard of comparison for mtl with a prebuilt stock coil has been the Aspire Nautilus for years. It still delivers as well or better than most of the newer tanks
For your rebuildables the kayfun mini v3, 3.1 or prime are probably the some of the more recognizeable options on the market. The v3.1 has some great clones available (sxk). For a more affordable option, the digiflavor siren, wotofo serpent mini, cthulu mtl or previously suggested bezerker are the ones I would look at.
For my mtl vaping, I use a kayfun 3, mini3 or 4
..or a serpent mini.
BAM crew

Last edited:

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Still appears to only be in the pre-order stage but seems to be the winner:

http://digiflavor.com/project/siren2/

I'm still a smoker who is still learning about vaping and hasn't tried anything beyond an Njoy ecig so I may not exactly be the most authoritative advice.

I might be thought of as a bit of a fool to go from tobacco directly to a Smok G2/4 with a Digiflavor Siren V2 atomizer but I need something to motivate me to switch so why not?

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Eden trillium - takes any atlantis style coil including the 1.8 triton. You can close down the airflow and the flavour is off the charts for a tank that takes stock coils. Vaporesso .9 ohm coil fits too. What is nice is that you can easily switch from MTL to mild DTL to full blown DTL as you prefer.

crixer

Member For 4 Years
If I were new to vaping and wanted a solid experience, I would go with the aspire nautilus. I always keep a couple around for friends that come over and hang out that smoke. I don't feel like going outside in the cold a million times a night. It has helped a few transition to vaping and quit smoking.

VU Sponsors