Become a Patron!

Best Method of Cleaning Up E-juice

dropin_biking

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just curious what products you guys use to clean up any ejuice spills, or to wipe tanks off, etc?

I've found this to be a bit of a messy hobby. The e-juice is so oily once its on your hands and you get touching things it gets everywhere. I'm just using hot water to wash and rinse my attys. Been wiping my mods and things off with a damp paper towel, but I still think I'm leaving residue behind.

Any tips and tricks for really wiping off or cleaning up e-juice?

dropin_biking

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hmmm.. I've got some lysol wipes in the kitchen, doesn't say anything about bleach on them. I'll give them a shot next time I've got issues. Thanks!

eJFucNF.jpg

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some of mine are pretty soggy, so I'll go behind with a paper towel to dry it up, but they work well on mods and atties. I also keep them around for spills on the mixing desk and scale. ;)

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I use a damp microfiber cloth. Rinse, wring, and re-use pretty much indefinitely.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
With just warm water? I've been trying that method, just seems to leave residue.
Yep, just warm water, and I'm not seeing any residue. Maybe it depends on what's in your juice? I use very minimal amounts of flavorings and no sweeteners.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Just curious what products you guys use to clean up any ejuice spills, or to wipe tanks off, etc?

I've found this to be a bit of a messy hobby. The e-juice is so oily once its on your hands and you get touching things it gets everywhere. I'm just using hot water to wash and rinse my attys. Been wiping my mods and things off with a damp paper towel, but I still think I'm leaving residue behind.

Any tips and tricks for really wiping off or cleaning up e-juice?
I use unscented baby wipes.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I use a vinegar warm water solution. I don't trust the chemicals in general, wouldn't clean my house with it either, so for sure not wiping my mod, tank or drip tip with it. Mostly I do a quarter part vinegar, full part water. If its really dirty and gunked up, I'll throw it in my ultra sonic cleanser with a 50/50 solution. I tried rubbing alcohol before, but wasn't my cup of tea, still works as well tho, but would have to let it air out a bit before able to use your equipment again.

dropin_biking

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Rubbing alcohol works great, and evaporates really cleanly, follow up with warm water. It's how I clean my glass, but I try to avoid liquids on the mods and tanks.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just use a paper towel and warm water. For the hands at my desk it is hand sanitizer and when I go to the sink just soap and water. When a MOD get soaked I use a paper towel dampened with glass cleaner. It is annoying to have a MOD that feels like it has 90W Gear lube on it.

VU Sponsors