Best Kindle Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
In my opinion, the Amazon Kindle is one of the best electronic devices, ever. Maybe the only piece of tech I use more than my Kindle is my phone, but even then, I have the Kindle app if I decide I just want to stick some knowledge into my craw.

The Best Kindle Deals Right Now​

Kindle is one of the devices you're most likely to find on sale during Amazon events like Amazon Prime Day and Black Friday, and the available Kindle lineup has expanded quite a lot over the years. However, Amazon will often times sneak Kindle deals into its Deal of the Day, or offer a bonus deal like free Kindle Unlimited or other Amazon services. Right now, new customers can get 30-days of Kindle Unlimited for free, provided you're also a Prime Member.

That being said, Kindle deals come and go. Right now, there aren't any compelling deals on Kindle. If you can wait, and you value a... value... Amazon Prime Day has happened in the middle of the summer in years' past, and there's no reason to think this year will be any different. But you should expect some sort of deal or bundle bonus pretty much any time. Amazon is crazy like that.

I've been rocking the Kindle since the earliest model was available, and not only do I prefer it to any other method of reading, I found myself reading more than I would have with traditional paper books. Not that there's anything wrong with reading from a traditional book, I just personally appreciate the ease of use and form factor afforded me by the Kindle.

Since the Kindles use e-ink instead of traditional screens like your phone or iPad, they can be read in just about any lighting. In fact, the pages look like actual paper pages, so any artificial light or even bright sunlight are no factor when using the Kindle. It only uses energy when you turn the page, use the backlight or leave Wi-Fi turned on, so if you go into Airplane mode you can go weeks, even months, between charging your Kindle. Generally I go long enough to completely forget where I put my charging cable.

Seth Macy is Executive Editor, IGN Commerce, and just wants to be your friend. You can find him hosting the Nintendo Voice Chat podcast.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors