Become a Patron!

Best High Drain 18650 With Highest Continuous discharge current

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
49867c8ea6fa38923ae34bd093c359e7.jpg

AWT 40A 2600 mAh
I use these in my XXIX mech... with bulids around .12-.15 ohms they perform wonderfully.. They don't get hot, even chain vaping... They go all day on a single charge vaping on and off..
I used an inline voltmeter to check voltage drop with a fully charged 4.2v batt..without Atty it still read 4.2v pushing the button..with a .15 ohm build it read 3.8v firing it on my all copper XXIX mech that also uses the hybrid top cap... Best batt I've used yet..
fc5d257ae2ef0424aeaccceb46ab5093.jpg

Note that the copper Zenith uses a 510 delrin insulator in the cap..it keeps the stainless drip trip from getting hot..
sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

Last edited:

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The Samsung 25R batteries are rated at 20 amp with 2500mAh.

Good Stuff:D
Ive actually seen these tested ans some hut 35a constant. I wouldnt take this as all of them push 35. Its bedt to test each and choose.

Johnny2Much

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Efest rewraps other companies batteries and lies about their specs. I don't buy efest. Sony vtc3 and vtc4 are the only true 30 amp continuous cells you're gonna find. There are lots of fakes out there so only buy from a known and trusted vendor.
nope boost has the best batteries. the best. i vape at .08 ohms constantly with them. the.......best.......lol

Johnny2Much

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yes and no. ive been using the 18650 2600mAh on sub ohm builds for 4 months. i can go .09 with it and it doesnt get hot. but the battery life is a joke. compared to my sony 5 its sad but my buddy uses the newer ones, 40 amp pulse 35 amp cont. and he loves em. i just dont like how fast they drain. gotta charge it every 2 hours on a single .2 build. i think awt is the way to go.

Johnny2Much

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
everyone "knows" what the best batteries are...u ask and get 50000 replies.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Boost huh? Never heard of em. Charge life is irrevelant to me personally as long as clouds are huge

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I have heard that there is a few small american companies dunno which ones but as I said was told by a vape.shop owner there is a few companies state side r&ding a few 18650 & 26650 lipo cells strictly for the vaping market. He said he cant say but he was getting one of each to test out. Said amp limits will be huge. Dunno anything about making batteries but if he is for real price he will have them for will be astrominical as he is pretty pretentious on prices and what he stocks. He actually has one of those $7,500 mods made from a meteor.

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have heard that there is a few small american companies dunno which ones but as I said was told by a vape.shop owner there is a few companies state side r&ding a few 18650 & 26650 lipo cells strictly for the vaping market. He said he cant say but he was getting one of each to test out. Said amp limits will be huge. Dunno anything about making batteries but if he is for real price he will have them for will be astrominical as he is pretty pretentious on prices and what he stocks. He actually has one of those $7,500 mods made from a meteor.

His dick must be measured in millimeters.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
He has TONS of things like this. They are for sale however. He wants $15,000 for the one made out of the meteor. There is actually only 6 in existance. These are from 15 billion year old rocks after all.............problem for me is..............ALL meteors to date thats recorded are either radioactive, very magnetic or both.........wouldnt wanna try that.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The plot thickens....

Maybe I will get one for testing. I'm not sure I agree with his conclusions though, it's not equal to a VTC4 since it clearly gets very damaged by high temperature operation whereas the VTC4 doesn't. But it's for sure a lot closer. I'd like to see how it does under pulsing.

Also remember it's only 1800mAh so that's another downside.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A voltage/amperage/temperature graph is needed. I'm personally not interested in someone else's conclusions. Show me the data and let me decide where to draw the line for myself. And why would you consider using a low mah chinese icr when it doesn't dramatically outperform a higher mah Japanese imr/inr? My opinion of 'no thanks' on this cell hasn't changed. Just my thoughts.

Last edited:

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Wasnt it someone else here who said this guy at ecf was much like jon in knowledge of how to test batts and he uses industry standard testing procedures etc and now the guy says he takes back his previous statement and the lipo equals a vtc4 everyone saying they dont believe it? Actually just posted this the whallop the hornets nest. Funny how a few wil lynch a company when results show they suck, but ignore the same guys statement retraction and actual promotion of said production because it doesnt agree with what they think (not all yall, I was basically lynched in PM after posting this link but as some said as I did, the ecf guy isnt believable/trustworthy for whatever reason) Just my opinion here but this to me shows where the future of batteries is going. Could/should the specs be better with it being li-po? Why hell yea. Just look at li-po batts online. Their numbers are huge. Should a li-po of a certian form factor (size) have better amperage, voltage, mah, etc? BY FAR! once again just google lipo vs liion. If you look at mods such as the VMesh, M series from Smok, etc you can see people are slowly going the li po path. I think within the next few years, if things progress as they are currently, there will be at least a few more 18650 lipos popping up, maybe even ones from Sony, LG, Samsung. Might just be why some of the legendary cells are being/been deep sixed. They might be R&Ding lipos of their own. But again, this is only my thoughts.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Until he shows a volt/amp/temp graph, his conclusions don't mean anything to me. The conditions of these kinds of tests don't replicate the conditions that exist when we actually use these cells for vaping. I could care less what dudes opinion of what's safe is. Show me the data. For example, in order to get a vtc5 to exceed 80 degrees Celsius at 30 amps you have to draw 30 amps continuously from 4.2v to below 3v non stop. Drawing 20 amps with a 2.5v cutoff it never exceeds 80 C. Some people conclude the vtc5 is a 20a cell because of this. Mechanical and variable power mods can't replicate those conditions. But the bench test also doesn't include encasing the battery in a metal box or tube with an attached heating element. My point is the conditions are so different between the test and actual use that someone's opinionated conclusion of what's safe for use based on bench test results is an opinion I consider irrelevant. Show me the data and let me decide what's safe for me. Voltage sag under various loads and capacity may be a little more black and white. And all of this is completely ignoring Chinese quality control.

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Aspire is not even a lipo, is it? It's an ICR.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Until he shows a volt/amp/temp graph, his conclusions don't mean anything to me. The conditions of these kinds of tests don't replicate the conditions that exist when we actually use these cells for vaping. I could care less what dudes opinion of what's safe is. Show me the data. For example, in order to get a vtc5 to exceed 80 degrees Celsius at 30 amps you have to draw 30 amps continuously from 4.2v to below 3v non stop. Drawing 20 amps with a 2.5v cutoff it never exceeds 80 C. Some people conclude the vtc5 is a 20a cell because of this. Mechanical and variable power mods can't replicate those conditions. But the bench test also doesn't include encasing the battery in a metal box or tube with an attached heating element. My point is the conditions are so different between the test and actual use that someone's opinionated conclusion of what's safe for use based on bench test results is an opinion I consider irrelevant. Show me the data and let me decide what's safe for me. Voltage sag under various loads and capacity may be a little more black and white. And all of this is completely ignoring Chinese quality control.

You do see that the data and graph is there right?

He doesn't chart temperature, he just measures it at the end of the run, but other than that it's all there.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Temp needs to be graphed. A point measurement doesn't cut it for those of us wanting to form our own conclusions. Cell temp is so important that leaving it out is comical.

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I believe he takes the circumstances which we use these batteries into consideration when suggesting max CDR, including potentially stuck buttons. Considering the attached heating element and enclosed tube, a stuck button could conceivably bring the cell temp well above the safe range, well before getting down to 3v I'd imagine. I'm not mooch though, so don't take that as gospel.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In a mech the current falls off as voltage drops. Most vw devices have a 10 second fire button cutoff and battery current goes up as voltage drops and they shut down usually around 3.2v. Again, completely different conditions than a bench test and many factors affecting what we intentionally or unintentionally subject our batteries to. Because it's not simple, another persons simple conclusion may not be appropriate or applicable to me and my gear.

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Understood, and agreed, but I believe his ratings are intended to be safe guidelines for everyone. Someone as well informed as yourself will want to decide for yourself what's safe and what's not, but most vapers don't possess your battery knowledge.

Fwiw, on a tube mech with a build requiring a 30amp CDR, I'm betting a stuck button could get those cell temps into the danger zone quite quickly.

I also believe he bases his cdr's on damage resulting from high amp loads. So if a battery suffers reduced capacity or output after being subjected to a 30 amp load, he reduces the recommended CDR accordingly.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cell 'A'
1. Japanese
2. Safer chemistry
3. Higher capacity

Cell 'B'
1. Chinese
2. Less safe chemistry
3. Lower capacity

I see no reason to use or recommend cell b to anyone.

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Absolutely agreed!

Furthermore, screw aspire, if for no other reason than their decision to label this as a 40amp cell. Had they been more honest and labelled it at a more realistic 30amps I wouldn't take issue with it, but the blatant lie of a 40 amp output combined with the fact that it's an icr makes this a potential disaster just waiting to happen.

I wish we could file class action lawsuit against these shady rewappers for false advertising, criminal negligence, and whatever else might stick.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
No matter what we all think, this is a huge step for a mod/tank company. Pull the wrap off and its a actual aspire product not a rewrap from what I have read. I been fapping to the Hammer Of God box for a while and think Imma pull the trigger on it next. No way would I run aspires in it. Imma wait myself for a Sony Li-Po to come out before I stray from VTC 4.

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't be too impressed.

mooch said:
I just spoke to Aspire marketing and they confirmed two things...

1) They are using a Long De Li New Energy Company battery for the Aspire 1800mAh battery.

2) Aspire and Long De Li are sister companies, both owned by Eigate.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Agreed as well. Those are good reasons to not consider it. I don't think we should bash the guy's test though, it seems good.

The thing I really don't like about these is how quickly they vented when running them at a little higher amps. The VTC4s you could run them at crazy amps and sure they'd get hot and maybe would lose a little capacity but it would take trying to run the city of philadelphia off of one to get it to vent. Not like this one where 30A is ok but run them at 38 and poof!

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I personally wasn't trying to bash his test. In my sometimes not very savvy way I was trying to say that concluding these are on par with a vtc4 and could be considered a suitable substitute for known, quality, reliable and reasonably safe Japanese cells isn't something I agree with. Aspire is attempting to use old, less safe battery tech and brand recognition to sell less than acceptable products to uninformed consumers. I'm not ok with that and anyone intentionally or unintentionally helping them might catch a stray round from me. The whole Chinese/battery/specs bullshit has been pissing me off for awhile now. Sorry for any unprofessionalism I've displayed, but my overall opinion of the aspire battery stands. I will neither use nor recommend it to anyone. Sorry for the ranting sermon guys. I think I'm done now. Gonna have a vape using my Japanese battery. :cool:

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, I plan to get that battery from you soon but eyeing that Hammer Of God quad 18650 box. Been told it does 300w pretty easily. Granted I AM NOT PLANNING TO TRY but lets be honest, you dont buy a Dodge Viper and never open it up. guess I will be wanting 4 vtc4s then lol.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Just think, someday we may be running 90A continous 9000mah sony li-po batts and laugh about these days. Kinda thinking that is why Sony is/has discontinued the greats. To me it just makes sense to make a li-po 18650 nowdays.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I personally wasn't trying to bash his test. In my sometimes not very savvy way I was trying to say that concluding these are on par with a vtc4 and could be considered a suitable substitute for known, quality, reliable and reasonably safe Japanese cells isn't something I agree with. Aspire is attempting to use old, less safe battery tech and brand recognition to sell less than acceptable products to uninformed consumers. I'm not ok with that and anyone intentionally or unintentionally helping them might catch a stray round from me. The whole Chinese/battery/specs bullshit has been pissing me off for awhile now. Sorry for any unprofessionalism I've displayed, but my overall opinion of the aspire battery stands. I will neither use nor recommend it to anyone. Sorry for the ranting sermon guys. I think I'm done now. Gonna have a vape using my Japanese battery. :cool:
And Why in hell hasnt an american company thrown their hats in the ring? Been trying to figure this out for a while

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@DuckysVapeReviews why they do not make stick li-po. Hmm in a guess people are fucking stupid, really fucking stupid.

The average person also could give a shit less about battery safety, I have seen the Liion abuse the average cellphone user heaps upon the battery. All those stories about iphones catching fire was direct end user abuse. in fact the only time I ever saw a battery pack go bloated, fucky, vented or caught fire was due to end user abuse.
Not to mention the government getting all knicker twisted about easy access to lithium strips to make **** with.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
You can buy a case of energizer lithiums online and that makes a lil over 4 lbs of ****, that is if you have access to anhydrous. Plz dont ask.

I read something somewhere about the purple efest being rebranded LG's or something, like only 20A CDC and this one linked below just seems too good to be true, whats the rundown on this battery? And what other options are there for a 30A or higher continuous discharge current high drain 18650?

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Efest-IMR-18650-LiMn-2100mAh-Battery-38A-p/ef65021.htm
As the material and technology limit, up to now, the highest continuous discharge current can reach 35A, burst discharge current 50A.
We are the biggest 18650 battery manufacturer.
What's more, we are the most virtuous battery manufacturer.
Our 3000mah battery actually 3500mah which is better than other "3100mah"3200mah battery

Attachments

• Hmeng 3500mah 35A.JPG
    Hmeng 3500mah 35A.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 27
  • New wrap Hmeng 3500mah 30A continous discharge current.JPG
    New wrap Hmeng 3500mah 30A continous discharge current.JPG
    186.8 KB · Views: 26

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
As the material and technology limit, up to now, the highest continuous discharge current can reach 35A, burst discharge current 50A.
Our 3000mah battery actually 3500mah which is better than other "3100mah"3200mah battery
No offence, but when someone like @Jon@LiionWholesale posts real findings or genuine cells do, I will believe it. Enook has emailed me offering me a pair of their 45amp & 50amp 18650s to review and test. Problem is, after checking with a fellow reviewer I know who got a pair to review, they are crap. Please understand our hesitation in believing you. Even 35amp AWT 18650s aren't 35amp. A independent testing with posted results would help

Mooch

Member For 4 Years

Would you be willing to have your batteries independently tested?

Mooch

Member For 4 Years
I did want to add a bit to the conversation here...

I did the Aspire 1800mAh testing mentioned earlier.
My original testing of the Aspire 1800mAh battery was done to just generally compare the performance of a cell in a Keystone holder versus one in a low resistance test rig. I uploaded the Keystone holder results first, expecting to follow up about 12 hours later with the test rig tests...huge mistake. Everyone ran wild with the, as you would expect, lousy results for a cell discharged at high rates in a holder.

So I retracted that test, apologized for the confusion, and decided to start over with new cells. This is the second set of test results that look so much better. Why? Because the cells were in a low-resistance test rig. They actually tested quite well, equaling the VTC4 just in those tests. Would I ever recommend them as replacements for the VTC4? Never. The Aspire 1800's get damaged at above 30A a lot more than the VTC4's and they're ICR chemistry. They're not hand grenades waiting to go off but it is an additional risk that I feel is unnecessary with all the other choices out there.

For the record, Aspire's 40A rating of the 1800mAh cell was criminal. When testing I try to stay neutral and leave any thoughts about the actual performance versus the rating to others. The tests say a lot all on their own. Though that has been harder and harder to do with the preposterous ratings some cells are given. I'm very glad that for the 2500mAh cell that they went with a two-figure rating, 20A/40A. Though the pulse rating is useless, at least there is a continuous rating that I hope will prove to be accurate. Testing will begin on that cell soon.

My constant-current tests are not in any way to simulate what happens while vaping. They're meant as a basis for comparing one cell against another and against datasheet discharge curves from the Big 4 manufacturers; Samsung Sony, LG, and Panasonic. These discharges are used to establish a safe continuous discharge current rating based on max temperature and damage done to the cell over multiple discharges done at the max continuous rating. They set a limit for how hard you can run them but still not reach a dangerous temperature in case of a regulated mod autofiring or a mech mod having its button break, get stuck, or be accidentally pressed in a pocket. There is a 100°C limit for all ratings.

I do "shootouts" at various discharge current levels, directly comparing the performance of various cells at different constant and pulsed current discharges. The 4s on/30s off pulsed current tests are a decent approximation of how a majority of vapers...umm...vape. Well, at least according to the poll I posted at ECF. While there was a bit of shuffling of the top performing cells, the differences between performance in the constant current tests and the pulsed tests was only a few percent. There really isn't too much of a difference in the relative performance between cells for the two test types. I will continue to do these shootouts though because I think vapers can much more easily relate to and understand the pulsed current results. Though the graphs are much more crowded!

While plotting the temperature during a discharge can be done I feel it wouldn't add much to the already available data. The max temperatures I record for each discharge show the differences between the cells. The temperature increase during a discharge over time is quite linear and cell temperatures for various points along a discharge can be estimated, up to the point where the voltage nosedives. Most certainly not as easy as reading plotted temperature, but it can still be done. I do about a dozen discharges for each cell, along with recording max temperature, and a test report. That adds up quick and I just didn't feel that plotting temperatures and creating those graphs was worth the time for what it would add to the data. I realize that some folks feel quite differently than I do about this.

I'd be happy to answer any questions about my testing methods and results and look forward to becoming a part of the VU community. Thanks for your time in reading this!

Last edited:

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Anyone tested these Hmeng or Enook batts? Enook will ship a set if you cover shipping to reviewers or testers. The enooks supposedly made just for mech mods

Mooch

Member For 4 Years
Not me. I'd be interested in doing so though.
Surprised that Enook wants reviewers/testers to cover shipping though. I would have hoped that knowing testers put their own time and energy into testing the cells that they would send them for free. It's not hard to separate out legitimate testers from those just hoping to score some free batteries.

But, that's just my personal opinion. :)

I mostly use batteries from Panasonic and Sony brand. There are many more but I haven't tied that. According to eVaporizer Panasonic NCR18650B is good performing, portable and low weight battery.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I mostly use batteries from Panasonic and Sony brand. There are many more but I haven't tied that. According to eVaporizer Panasonic NCR18650B is good performing, portable and low weight battery.

No, that is dangerous advice. The NCR18650B is not an IMR battery. It can't handle the discharge rates of most vape devices and if abused is very dangerous in that it can explode because of its chemistry. I posted a comment, hopefully they don't moderate it out.

Mooch

Member For 4 Years

It is a great battery...but only up to about 6 amps absolute max IIRC. It's fantastic for flashlights and low power devices but it's not suitable for vaping with except at the very lowest power levels. Best to just not use it at all for vaping.

Last edited:

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So if I'm using a parallel box mod and have a .09 build using vct 3s am I good or do I need to up the ohms to be safer?
A single battery will draw 21 amps at .20 ohm...so technically you could go lower on even a single cell but, as you do, you take more and more safety cushion away..With 2 batteries you have 2 cells taking this load instead of one so, its safer in that context but i still wouldnt do it personally...Your so close to a dead short its not even funny..one wrong fluctuation with the ohms in the wrong direction and you might not like it...Just saying.

A single battery will draw 21 amps at .20 ohm...so technically you could go lower but as you do you take more and more safety cushion away..With 2 batteries you have 2 cells taking this load instead of one so, its safer in that context but i still wouldnt do it personally...Your so close to a dead short its not even funny..one wrong fluctuation with the ohms in the wrong direction and you might not like it...Just saying.

I was doing research earlier and came across something about when building there's a .02 fluctuation in either direction anyway. So to my understanding it could be between .07 to .11 at any moment. Is that accurate because .07 is looking for trouble

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
At any ohms it can be trouble, really..a dead short can happen rather your at 2 ohms or .20 ohms with the same bad result...I personally wouldnt go below .20 ohm but, thats just me.

VU Sponsors