Best Coils For .2-.3ohms ADV

High On Octane

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey,
Been vaping for about a year and just got my first mod a few weeks ago. I'm using a Kamry K100 with an Efest 18650 35amp. My atty is just a cheap IGO-W for now, but I plan on getting a Mutation X this coming week. My question is, what type of coils work best at around .2-.3 ohms for an all day vape build? My current builds have been doing well, but was just curious what you guys prefer. More coils vs diameter, fatter Kanthal with more wraps, 28g with less wraps? What seems to be the perfect ratio/build? Thanks!

red6

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey,
Been vaping for about a year and just got my first mod a few weeks ago. I'm using a Kamry K100 with an Efest 18650 35amp. My atty is just a cheap IGO-W for now, but I plan on getting a Mutation X this coming week. My question is, what type of coils work best at around .2-.3 ohms for an all day vape build? My current builds have been doing well, but was just curious what you guys prefer. More coils vs diameter, fatter Kanthal with more wraps, 28g with less wraps? What seems to be the perfect ratio/build? Thanks!

The build I like the best and is my go to build is
4 wraps with 26 gage. That is a dual coil not single.

That gets me right where I want to be for flavor. And it's a 0.3 build.

The Mutation X is a great RDA but I wouldn't get the original. Get the V2 of it.
The original has a nasty habit of the negative posts coming loose.

Another option is to get the Doge as well as the Mutation X. Use the base from the Doge. It's a beast and it's been my every day RDA since I got it. But I like the airy vape.

High On Octane

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cool, thanks for that info! Yeah I already planned on getting the Mutation X V2. I'm just waiting for my local shop to get them in. I changed my coils again last night and am vaping dual 6 wrap 24g at .4 ohms. Seems to be hitting nicely and isn't quite so hot for the little POS IGO. What diameter are you doing those 4 wraps?

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I like 24 gauge on 3mm wraps for dual or tri coils. I like the warmer vape and the 3mm lets be use a lot of cotton.

red6

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've seen massive amounts of cotton used.
To the point it looks like it's choked out.
Personally I use the Japanese cotton and just let it touch the base.

It allows for great air flow and I still get 7 to 8 hits before I have to drip again.
As far as the vapor that it blows out.
We'll I've been in 2 cloud comps and won 1 of them.
So the vapor is there
The flavor is there.

Oh before I forget I wrap on a 3/32 drill bit for my coils. Some like them bigger. Some like the fancy builds.
I just use straight wire. On the Mutation X if you want a hotter vape move the coils just above the screw heads.
Personally I don't like it that hot but to each there own.

High On Octane

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I've been going back and forth between the 3/32" and 7/64" drill, used the 7/64" with my most recent build. Anything larger and it takes too long to heat up and doesn't hit as efficiently.

What mod/battery size were you using to win the cloud comp?

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

red6

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I've been going back and forth between the 3/32" and 7/64" drill, used the 7/64" with my most recent build. Anything larger abd out takes too long to heat up and doesn't hit as efficiently.

What mod/battery size were you using to win the cloud comp?

Thanks guys.

I had my vtc4 in I think. If not then it was my efest. Everything I have is in the 18650.
Pending on what you read you'll see people swear by this MOD other that MOD. Yes some do have massive voltage drop.
I have a Panzer that I still enjoy once in a blue moon. But the top and the fire button get very hot.
I switched to a copper Manhattan and the only time it gets warm is when I hold it to long.
More copper less voltage drop. Is what I say. At the time I purchased my Manhattan it was one of the few with a magnetic fire button. Personally I'll stay with that type of fire button.
I'm just a flavor chaser but I still like to spank those cloud chasers once in a while.
My little 0.3 build out performing there 0.05 builds. Oh they come up with some of the best cry baby excuses lol.

But we're all here for the same reasons in the end
vape safe and have fun

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had my vtc4 in I think. If not then it was my efest. Everything I have is in the 18650.
Pending on what you read you'll see people swear by this MOD other that MOD. Yes some do have massive voltage drop.
I have a Panzer that I still enjoy once in a blue moon. But the top and the fire button get very hot.
I switched to a copper Manhattan and the only time it gets warm is when I hold it to long.
More copper less voltage drop. Is what I say. At the time I purchased my Manhattan it was one of the few with a magnetic fire button. Personally I'll stay with that type of fire button.
I'm just a flavor chaser but I still like to spank those cloud chasers once in a while.
My little 0.3 build out performing there 0.05 builds. Oh they come up with some of the best cry baby excuses lol.

But we're all here for the same reasons in the end
vape safe and have fun
Spank cloud chasers? That's funny!
But I'd like to see your cloud you'd spank' um with using that .3 ohm build..lol
I'm not a cloud chaser per say, but I do blow some serious clouds most of the time...
This pic is typical.. Dual parallel 26g at .15 ohms using a zenith/BFM...having a little fun under the blacklight..intense flavor too...
f87f24578a501c20b5d1830291f67682.jpg

from Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

Last edited:

red6

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Try a
Spank cloud chasers? That's funny!
But I'd like to see your cloud you'd spank' um with using that .3 ohm build..lol
I'm not a cloud chaser per say, but I do blow some serious clouds most of the time...
This pic is typical.. Dual parallel 26g at .15 ohms using a zenith/BFM...having a little fun under the blacklight..intense flavor too...
f87f24578a501c20b5d1830291f67682.jpg

from Droid Maxx using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Build 2 clapton and wrap it with .5 ribbon wire.
Then give it 3 wraps on a 5/16 th drill bit.

There's your 0.3 build that will out cloud most not all but most.

Just give it a shot.

Oh Btw you have to hand wrap the ribbon

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe..but I like to keep my builds fast and simple..glad Clapton works for you.. It's just not one of my favorite builds...too much time and effort, like hand wrapping that ribbon for results that are not near as good as we get with our simple builds..besides,I like to spend my time vaping, not building...but that's just me....lol

from Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GrayMatter

Member For 4 Years
My ADV is a 5/6 wrap 26awg Chromel-A (NiChrome series 80) on a 1/8" drill bit (Macro contact coil) in an Zenith or Stillare on a Praxis. The dual coils meter out at 0.35ohm. It's a fast easy build that fits my Vape style. Best part is I can easily replicate the ohms +/- 0.02 every time.

I switched to NiChrome 80 from series 60 and it has changed my life. Coils never pop and they last forever.

Delivered by carrier pigeon.

Razaiel177

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
my favorite thing about vaping and atty builds is that its all subjective. I currently vape on a plumeveil using 24 guage kanthal 7 wraps on on a 2mm screwdriver. To me it gets great flavor for the types of juices I like to vape on being mostly beverage types. IMO its all on how much air ur atty offers with how much heat you like from your coil to get that "sweet spot" u enjoy.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
My main builds are dual 7wrap 22g single strand micros = .19 ohms

VU Sponsors