Become a Patron!

Best coil for very thick e-liquid

Hi,

I am looking for advice on the best coil type (brand and / or composition) for vaping rather thick e-liquid. I am noticing with my current coil (.5 ohm Clapton Coil from Kangertech) that I have to wait a least a good minute or two between hits for my coil to re-wick or I have to unscrew the top of the tank and quickly retighten to allow the coil to wick.

I am using a Kangertech tank with the air holes completely open at about 30 watts so I don't think I am using to much power.

If anyone has suggestions on a good tank/coil combo that will wick very quickly, I would appreciate it!

Thanks,

cynkrzy

Old Guy with a New Trick
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Aspire cleito tanks and coils do very well with max vg juice. The original cleito with .4 ohm @ 55watts or the new cleito 120 tank around 100 watts

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Also the Smok Baby or Big Baby Beast does well at least with the Q2 coils... I think any coils with the large juice holes on the side absorb pretty good. There's bound to be more folks who'll let you know what works well. :)

SteelVaper

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi,

I am looking for advice on the best coil type (brand and / or composition) for vaping rather thick e-liquid. I am noticing with my current coil (.5 ohm Clapton Coil from Kangertech) that I have to wait a least a good minute or two between hits for my coil to re-wick or I have to unscrew the top of the tank and quickly retighten to allow the coil to wick.

I am using a Kangertech tank with the air holes completely open at about 30 watts so I don't think I am using to much power.

If anyone has suggestions on a good tank/coil combo that will wick very quickly, I would appreciate it!

Thanks,
Typically Aspire brand coils soak up liquid faster, but if you want more control over your vaping experience i recommend switching to a rebuild-able tank (RTA) because when the coils and wick are at your discretion you have much more control, my favorite tank that's good for beginners and holds a large amount of e-liquid would be the GeekVape Griffin 25 mini, it has a dual post build deck with Kennedy style airflow and 4 post holes with some beefy grub screws, it's excellent even for large builds and it doesn't get hot with extreme use or high wattages, plus it includes 2 top caps, one has top airflow to compliment the bottom airflow for thicker clouds and a smoother draw, and the other is low profile, do you have experience with rebuilding?

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Honestly, I have to say the Cleito also. Good coils for high vg eliquid and if you decide to try your hand at building, you can get the rba head. It is quite spacious for an rba so you can fit pretty big builds in it and it's a great flavour AND cloud tank. I don't think you can go wrong.

The Trick Tank is another good choice. There is a premade coil version and an rta version as well.

A good third option is the Greekvape Eagle Tank. The coil heads for it are basically handmade prewicked coils. And if you decide to build your own, you can use the coil head to build on as well or just buy more coil heads.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice guys, I really appreciate it! I will check out Aspire and Cleito as well as those RBA options. I haven't had much experience with building my own coils, but I have basic understanding of ohms and resistance and I know there is a lot of great advice on this site for learning how to rebuild my own coils.

Again, thanks for the tips! :)

SteelVaper

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the advice guys, I really appreciate it! I will check out Aspire and Cleito as well as those RBA options. I haven't had much experience with building my own coils, but I have basic understanding of ohms and resistance and I know there is a lot of great advice on this site for learning how to rebuild my own coils.

Again, thanks for the tips! :)
No problem! i love helping people, also my current toy is the DigiFlavor Fuji RTA, it's unbelievable for flavor and clouds and the build deck is spacious and easy to use, just put your coils over the airflow holes, tighten the screws to secure your coils, wick, and vape, much much easier than the first rebuild-able i started with.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors