Become a Patron!

best cloud chasing build for dark horse on a fuhatton?

Boncarbo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I have a dark horse clone with a fuhatton and im wanting the best cloud chasing performance possible. Right now I have a .24 ohm dual micro coil with 26g kanthal wire. My buddy told me that I should use a single or dual coil with 4 wraps and 24g wire. Any ideas????

Last edited:

kingworm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
well i just built a 4 wrap with 26 guage on my darkhorse and my coils kept shorting i think 4 wraps are a bit to hot. was coming in at .15 ohm

Boncarbo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just picked up some 22g kanthal and put in dual coils with 4 wraps a piece and it came out to .10 ohms. Has amazing flavor and puts out huge clouds. The juice im using is a 15/85 juice from maddcatt vapors RXYW4. The tube does get warm after 2 to 3 long hits. The batteries im using are imren imr 18650 3.7v 40A. Was gonna post pics but my phone wont allow it.

kingworm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
this is what i settled on 2 coils 26 g kanthal wrapped 7 times on a 3 32 drill bit"i think im not positive" on top of a cotton cloud no wick through the coils at all. it ohmed out at .18 so use a safe battery. i am getting massive clouds and no gurgle at all which is what made me rebuild my coil in the first place. i would say best clouds i have gotten on my dark horse.
coilbuild (2).JPG

kingworm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just picked up some 22g kanthal and put in dual coils with 4 wraps a piece and it came out to .10 ohms. Has amazing flavor and puts out huge clouds. The juice im using is a 15/85 juice from maddcatt vapors RXYW4. The tube does get warm after 2 to 3 long hits. The batteries im using are imren imr 18650 3.7v 40A. Was gonna post pics but my phone wont allow it.
im suspicious of that battery... 40 amp continuous discharge sounds to good to be true...be careful.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dual Parallel 24 Gauge coils, or twisted 26 Gauge, on a 3mm mandrel. 5 wraps each side.

Boncarbo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So far they been good batteries. Ive had them for about a month.

kingworm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
if your tube is heating up after only a few hits you need to watch it very carefully. .10 is pretty low is the battery fully charged? battery safety is something that needs to be practiced religiously on low ohm builds. or that pretty tube will become a ugly gernade.

Boncarbo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I mean i do take 7 to 10 second hits. So its kinda expected lol but if it feels even luke warm I take off the switch and it cools right down.

Boncarbo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well the fuhatton is aluminum, and I just chain vaped like 15 times and the tube was really really warm but the battery was cool to the touch. Soon I am moving to an abs box mod for this dark horse and my little boy for cloud chasing. And this fuhatton will be for my tobh 2.5 and 454 big block for flavor chasing.

GFrost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just did a 22 gauge 3mm dual coil, 4 wraps. Came out to .13 ohms, using vtc4 batteries. Throws some pretty good clouds.

I've never had my fuhattan get hot before though. My steam punk gets damn toasty after doing 3-4 ripping hits back to back

TwistedVaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I really like using 20 gauge wire on my dark horse also. Great vapor production and the flavor is pretty good as well. I usually do 5-6 wraps on my 20g coils

GFrost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
^^^ Do you have a long ramp up time with that many wraps on a 20g wire?

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've run dual coil 22awg kanthal at .15, .20, and .25, and single coil at .36. Surprisingly, the single coil at .36 threw the densest clouds. Ramp up time was quick on all of those builds, but I could draw for 10 seconds on the single coil if I wanted to and the fog was impressive.

Dishonorable mention to the 22awg .4 and .5 dual coil builds. For me, ramp up time was far too long and flavor / vapor production was meh.

stewpickles

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i normally use 24g wire. i was doing dual 6 wraps for a while on my panzer but i just switched to a regulated box which doesnt like the resistance. so i switched to a single coil and i usually go with 5-7 wrap and i still chuck pretty gnarly clouds with it.

TwistedVaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
^^^ Do you have a long ramp up time with that many wraps on a 20g wire?
With kanthal it's a little slow but not too bad at all, I usually use nichrome and G-Plat with 20g and with either of those wires the ramp up time is actually really quick. I love 20g for cloud chasing. I almost always do sleeper builds and that probably helps the ramp up time as well.

Boncarbo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ive figured it out, my best results where 22g kanthal 4-5 wraps 2mm and I get between .10 to .12

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You're pushing your luck going much below .25 ohms on most single 18650's. Those "40 amp" batteries you're running are probably only rated at 20amp continuous.

Boncarbo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ive changed it to around .20 on my other rdas. But im keeping the .10 on the dark horse. And if I vape it for 5 seconds no more more then 4 times within 5 minutes. It doesnt get hot or even warm. I used to stop when the tube was hot and the battery was warm.

VU Sponsors