best closed system vape right now

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The best I know of right now that I have personally tried are the My Von Erl and the Juul

Juul is better on a lot of fronts

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not really tried many closed systems beyond the Mark 10s & I don't recommend them. I did use Enjoys to get a sampling way back when, then moved on to an Ego style vape pen with an ARO tank, on to T-dux 2s and 3s. From that I went well, into squonking on mechanical mods with RDAS.

Closed system? Bwahaha!! Sorry. I'm probably not the best to ask.

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
At present I know of only 3, with the last I am still trying to figure the specs on that haven't hit the US yet, but have been popular in Japan and recently moved into Canada

1) Von Erl <- Cig-a-like pod system
2) JUUL <- Another Cig-a-like pod system
3) IQOS <- I believe it is called, first showed up in Japan, can't tell if it is a liquid contained system or vaporized leaf tobacco system. Japan they can't keep them on the shelves they sell out so fast, just recently heard that they have moved into Canada, so availability is very, very limited.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The best I know of right now that I have personally tried are the My Von Erl and the Juul

Juul is better on a lot of fronts
I need to get a "sneak-a-vape" kinda toy, many people are suggesting the iCare line but I want something I can refill and possibly make my own coils.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At present I know of only 3, with the last I am still trying to figure the specs on that haven't hit the US yet, but have been popular in Japan and recently moved into Canada

3) IQOS <- I believe it is called, first showed up in Japan, can't tell if it is a liquid contained system or vaporized leaf tobacco system. Japan they can't keep them on the shelves they sell out so fast, just recently heard that they have moved into Canada, so availability is very, very limited.
Not sure about the first two, but IF @JuicyLucy said it, it must be so! Juul is the better choice. I would not touch the IQOS on principle, it is a Philip Morris product. Here is the Chicago Tribune article http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-smokeless-cigarette-iqos-20170814-story.html

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Not sure about the first two, but IF @JuicyLucy said it, it must be so! Juul is the better choice. I would not touch the IQOS on principle, it is a Philip Morris product. Here is the Chicago Tribune article http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-smokeless-cigarette-iqos-20170814-story.html

Von Erl might be a contender - while it does take a pod system - they are easily hackable to refill. If you are an ace, they can be rewicked and recoiled

I sat in the bathroom of the airport in Juneau and chain vaped a Von Erl for over 45 minutes straight, lol

Also great for hospitals, court houses, restaurants, just about any place you have the balls to try it really

The reason I think the Juul is a better choice is mainly for beginners. First time I took a drag off of one it was so much like a cigarette I was afraid to keep vaping it - really

Secondly, the Juul pods are half the price of Von Erl pods. Supposedly Juul pods can be hacked, but you have to have juice with nicotine salts or it won't fire - this is second hand info but I have good reason to believe it is true

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
IQOS <- I believe it is called, first showed up in Japan, can't tell if it is a liquid contained system or vaporized leaf tobacco system. Japan they can't keep them on the shelves they sell out so fast, just recently heard that they have moved into Canada, so availability is very, very limited.

All I needed to know about it. I especially appreciate this below.

But is the IQOS similar to an electronic cigarette? “That’s what Philip Morris wants us to believe,” Dautzenberg says. “But there’s a red line that shouldn’t be crossed. The electronic cigarette is a substitute, but an IQOS stick is smoked in five minutes. So we want to smoke another, and these nicotine peaks are addictive.

“That’s not the case with electronic cigarette,” the esteemed pneumologist says. We vape throughout the day, and there is actually a decrease in the number of nicotine receptors in the brain. The two products – e-cigarettes and the IQOS – must be differentiated.”

Citing: Article

I strongly dislike such deceptive practices. It is one thing to be a professional liar that tells yarns for the purpose of entertaining, quite another to do so in order to continually profit from the misfortune of others while offering nothing of value such as needlessly hastened death.

ETA: I might learn to lleps sometime yeter-morrow. ;) I blame Orange Emperor & his depriving me of enough :coffee: btw, I'm slinging a :coffee: to the vaping goddess what keeps her squonkers insane. :)

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
My suggestion.. plan ahead, save money. Get a small 50-70w kit that you can puff on mouth to lung (like you do a cigarette) and just keep refilling with ejuice. You KNOW what is in them because you are the one putting the juice in them. You choose how much or how little nicotine you get and can change the level as desired. Flavors are nearly limitless.
I also suggest one with a removable tank, so you can mix and match.

IF you decide to try different tanks, such as an RDA there are many on here that can help you build a coil to work on whatever mod you have, regardless of how much power. (if you have a 30w box, we can tell you how to build a 30w coil to work on it) Thats for later though. Just figured i would mention it as a future consideration.

I started with an epen style vape, and changed to a tank after 2 weeks. Luckily i was able to use the tank on my 15w epen. lol

Dwiputra

Member For 3 Years
My suggestion.. plan ahead, save money. Get a small 50-70w kit that you can puff on mouth to lung (like you do a cigarette) and just keep refilling with ejuice. You KNOW what is in them because you are the one putting the juice in them. You choose how much or how little nicotine you get and can change the level as desired. Flavors are nearly limitless.
I also suggest one with a removable tank, so you can mix and match.

IF you decide to try different tanks, such as an RDA there are many on here that can help you build a coil to work on whatever mod you have, regardless of how much power. (if you have a 30w box, we can tell you how to build a 30w coil to work on it) Thats for later though. Just figured i would mention it as a future consideration.

I started with an epen style vape, and changed to a tank after 2 weeks. Luckily i was able to use the tank on my 15w epen. lol

i already have hexohm v3 sir,but i need pod vape for stronger nic level

Last edited:

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

In that case, forget the pod mods, if you are needing a small pocket friendly sneak a toke vape, try the Eleaf iCare, one version even comes with an external battery pack, but both fit right in the pocket, the larger version think has at least a 1500 to 2000mah battery on top of the actual iCare's 350ish or so Mah internal battery. Uses replaceable coil heads and good with 12 and 18mg nic juices.

https://www.mtbakervapor.com/hardware/eleaf-icare-mini-pcc-starter-kit/ <-Full kit with the external PCC battery pack for under $30USD.

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
In that case, forget the pod mods, if you are needing a small pocket friendly sneak a toke vape, try the Eleaf iCare, one version even comes with an external battery pack, but both fit right in the pocket, the larger version think has at least a 1500 to 2000mah battery on top of the actual iCare's 350ish or so Mah internal battery. Uses replaceable coil heads and good with 12 and 18mg nic juices.

https://www.mtbakervapor.com/hardware/eleaf-icare-mini-pcc-starter-kit/ <-Full kit with the external PCC battery pack for under $30USD.
I hate the icare devices that use that IC 1.1 coil, it has no hole on the bottom thus no air flow through the coil, it basically spits and boils the juice as you suck air in around the top, worst coil design ever. Wasted my money.

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I have 3 Myjets, a Cync, and another pod mod I forget the name of, Myjets my favorite I rebuild the pods and use my own diy nic salts juice. Hard to find pods at decent prices these days but they are stealthy buggers :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I do not know the base line nicotine you use. That noted, I tried 12mg/ml recently. I had been using 18mg/ml. In that case I was attempting to lower the nicotine level. Since then, found I have trouble going lower than 18mg/ml so, I am back to using that level. It reads as though you might do well with a good RDA and increasing the nicotine level in your juice.

Take it gradually when you increase or decrease the nicotine level. Be sure to listen to your own body, and be sure to listen to your own body ..., no I didn't stutter, the repetition was intended to emphasize the point. Look up and read about nicotine poisoning. That ought to explain the warning signs your body might give you prior to becoming seriously ill, or even resulting in fatality.

If you start experiencing the milder signs, stop using nicotine for a while until you let it dissipate through your body's natural processing. Go back then to next lower nicotine level and do not go any higher with the nicotine. Understand too, vaping causes nicotine being freed from your body's receptors and thus requires less use of nicotine, and less and so on. or at least that's generally accepted as the case. Your body becomes more and more efficient with using nicotine, ergo you'll find yourself feeling the even flow sensation of nicotine use.

Unlike cigarettes, vaping does not give us the nicotine spikes and crashes. We're using a more pure form of nicotine too, no extra chemicals to boost it such as ammonium. You might already know all of this. Please disregard what you need to disregard and take what you need. It is late here for me, happen to be thinking a bit more clear on stuff in general and thought a little more guiding might be needed, if not by you then someone else new to vaping.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
so you have 3 myjets only for flavor rotation?

Multiples are very common - everyone should have at least 2 of their favorites because a backup is essential

Dr PennsylvaPia

Member For 3 Years

It is an actual tobacco leaf "heater" non-combustion system. With so many amazing flavors and a complete break from traditional cigarettes I personally have NO interest in even being in the same room with a device that calls itself an e-cig and still uses real tobacco in cigarette form (shredded tobacco). However if it is used as a step to transition smokers into vapers than I say go for it. My fear (since I have not tried this type of system nor do I know anyone who has) is that some people may never step away from this tobacco leaf heating system. Maybe people will get mentally stuck on the system because they view it as "safe traditional cigarette smoking" and therefore not getting all of the benefits that come from vaping vs smoking. Is the heating method as much of a safer alternative as vaping? Speculation pushes me to think that it is not as beneficial as vaping because it is using real cigarette tobacco and that has to be a lot less beneficial than vaping? Right? The truth is I did not research the heating method because I AM a vaper and I am 100% satisfied with the hardware and juice that is available to me today. It has been an awesome journey that I started 7 years ago and have been a 100% vaper consistently for 6 years now and have spent a small fortune on said journey to arrive where I am today with knowing the flavor profiles I enjoy and the many devices and setups to use the juices in. Maybe this heating system is something needed for the smoker who just can't make the switch from smoking to vaping even after trying the dual use method that I used to make the switch into vaping. I smoked and vaped for six months before making the complete switch and for me that is how I HAD to do it. Maybe this heating system is another step in the process that allows otherwise reluctant future vapers to make the switch and if that is the case then I am not really concerned with how much harm reduction the systems offers as long as it is only a step in the process to becoming a vaper.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is an actual tobacco leaf "heater" non-combustion system. With so many amazing flavors and a complete break from traditional cigarettes I personally have NO interest in even being in the same room with a device that calls itself an e-cig and still uses real tobacco in cigarette form (shredded tobacco). However if it is used as a step to transition smokers into vapers than I say go for it. My fear (since I have not tried this type of system nor do I know anyone who has) is that some people may never step away from this tobacco leaf heating system. Maybe people will get mentally stuck on the system because they view it as "safe traditional cigarette smoking" and therefore not getting all of the benefits that come from vaping vs smoking. Is the heating method as much of a safer alternative as vaping? Speculation pushes me to think that it is not as beneficial as vaping because it is using real cigarette tobacco and that has to be a lot less beneficial than vaping? Right? The truth is I did not research the heating method because I AM a vaper and I am 100% satisfied with the hardware and juice that is available to me today. It has been an awesome journey that I started 7 years ago and have been a 100% vaper consistently for 6 years now and have spent a small fortune on said journey to arrive where I am today with knowing the flavor profiles I enjoy and the many devices and setups to use the juices in. Maybe this heating system is something needed for the smoker who just can't make the switch from smoking to vaping even after trying the dual use method that I used to make the switch into vaping. I smoked and vaped for six months before making the complete switch and for me that is how I HAD to do it. Maybe this heating system is another step in the process that allows otherwise reluctant future vapers to make the switch and if that is the case then I am not really concerned with how much harm reduction the systems offers as long as it is only a step in the process to becoming a vaper.
I will tend to agree with you. My problem is that this system is manufactured and sold by a tobacco company. They've lied to us for years about tobacco safety so how far can we trust them? I think NET juices are a good alternative for people trying to make the transition.

VU Sponsors