Become a Patron!

Best build in small space

Tieguaili

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a two face clone (i think it's a clone) RDA and the build space is pretty small, anything much bigger than 22g is a tight squeeze, so i'm wondering what kinds of builds people would recomend epic flavour in a small space. So far i've tried clapton coils (barely fits in the post holes) and some twisted 26g which worked out ok, i'm also limited to a 60watt regulated mod or a single 18650 mech. Loving the cake/pie type falvours such as apple butter, police man, muffin man, apple pie and custard, sticky toffee pudding, seems to all work nice on a hot vape. Any suggestions would be cool.

Tieguaili

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
thanks for the suggestions, the .3 is a little cool for my liking on the mech, doesn't bring out the cakey tones of the juice as much so it's lost in the fruityness (might try a little lower to draw out more power, it's rated to handle a fair bit lower no with no issues), but .5 on the regulated is sweet.

skizzums

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have this crappy dark horse mini clone to a co-worker a couple days back. It's seriously tiny and he wanted to be able to crank up the watts and experiment with TC on his x cube. Anyhow, he hadn't done the updates past #3 and only had nickel coef available, this was really the only way I could think to do a substantive build that could handle watts/clouds. This is 26/26 twisted ni200 and 316L, quad on two strands, a bit of fiddling to get it to stay solid between the posts, but actually a pretty quick build. He is really enjoying it and is blowing the nicest clouds I've ever seen it do.

Tieguaili

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hmm never tried a quad coil, out of everything so far a dual on my mech at .15 ohms is giving best results in both flavour and clouds (i'm all about the flavour, but clouds are a nice bonus if i can get both). Gonna give some quads a shot if i can keep the resistance high enough to use, don't really wanna go below .09 on the mech for safety and the VTC60 can only read down to .15

skizzums

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
do the quads on two strands like above and you'll be good. this one was 0.19 IIRC. this pic better shows what's going on.

Tieguaili

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ahh so kinda like a split double-barrel type thing, worth giving it a shot if my 60watts is enough to bring the heat.

EarnestAccord

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
IMHO, unless you are using your Mech Mod, your Ohm reading is not as important as your heat flux. Using that measure you can back engineer the rest. I've eatablished a heat flux of 170-190 gives me the best flavor. I then, dependant of how much space I have to work with, choose my gauge and diameter coil that will best optimize all other concerns. I've ended up staying w/ smaller diameter coils as that's what gives me the best battery life, with out sacrificing flavor.

Last edited:

Tieguaili

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i use the mech mostly at the moment, for some reason i just prefer the compactness and handling to the box, alsi it isn't limited to the 60w and gets along better with the wire i have available right now, i only have 22g.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have this crappy dark horse mini clone to a co-worker a couple days back. It's seriously tiny and he wanted to be able to crank up the watts and experiment with TC on his x cube. Anyhow, he hadn't done the updates past #3 and only had nickel coef available, this was really the only way I could think to do a substantive build that could handle watts/clouds. This is 26/26 twisted ni200 and 316L, quad on two strands, a bit of fiddling to get it to stay solid between the posts, but actually a pretty quick build. He is really enjoying it and is blowing the nicest clouds I've ever seen it do.

I have to say that is one pretty looking build! And I will not say for a lady because you women want equal rights so it is one hell of a pretty build! Also that build can put many builders to shame!

Tieguaili

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
that quad build beat me lol, i can't get it right in my dripper since the build space is about the size of an 18650 but it has 3 posts getting in the way. for now sticking with .16ohm micro coils as a main vape while i keep trying out new fun builds.

Tieguaili

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
twisted 22g vertical micro coil seems pretty nice, running single at .22 on the 60w regulated really brings out the more biscuity/bakery type flavours compared to the regular microcoils and the fruityness still comes through great, much denser vape and more balanced flavour than the dual micro build at the same resistance. anyone know why twisted wire gives that fuller flavour than the duals even at lower power?

Last edited:

skizzums

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i am running an interesting cable in a very tiny rba velocity deck that is attaining similar goals to my above build, maybe it will be easier to tackle, i'll post it up when i finish either tonight or tomorrow, its for the ability to hopefully chuck a few clouds in TC running full ni200, since the deck soooo tiny i am getting creative with keeping the ohm's legal

btw....i didn't mean to be misleading with a pic of my wife and son, wifey just bought me this chromebook for my bday when i joined the forum, she preloaded a few pics of her and that's all i had to choose from at the moment. i am not a pretty girl, much the opposite........ for now, you never know

as for twisted giving more flavor, i have no facts, but i simply run twisted everything because it take some wattage to get it preheated and doesn't burn it up in a flash. my daily vape is 4x 26ga SS straightened and loosely twisted by hand, all for in a SxS orientation. it's simple, quick and ohms on dual 7's are right where i want em at .11-.13. these need a good hit of power to ramp and it really creates some dense flavor. i feel the twisted is stronger, the slower ramp up allows for an increased temp and obviously it is "some" more surface area and if done loosely it allows for "some" wicking in the coils. I have awesome vapes with twisted. I started building a ways before i got online and research what folks were doing, and right or wrong, my first inclinations to twist was to simply have more mass of wire whilst keeping resistance where allowable for TC, i figure if i twist kanth and nickel.....then the power cant run (well won't) the kanth wire at all since the whole "path of least". so twisting allowed for heftier builds while using ni200. i say right or wrong, because it depends on the mod if it will even stay in TC with wire lie this, and even if it does, how accurate is it really? these days though, i just love me some SS316, twisting it is easy and manipulating the individual strands is effortless. it oess get springy after twist, but i run it quickly over a bunson burner type device before releasing its hold, not even close to red hot or anything, just enough where you can actually see the wraps tighten and pull close to each other. about three passes with the torch lengthwise and the twist is pretty locked in and a good 50% of the springy is gone. i have yet to ever use nichrome, but i have several spools on it's way from the commies

Last edited:

Tieguaili

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
nice, i'm not getting a long ramp up on the box or mech using a .22 ohm twisted 22ga now, just kanthal cause it's easy to get here and cheap too, vapes better on the mech but it's getting an extra 10w of power and i like the heat, verts seem to be wicking better than horizontal as well.

skizzums

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
also, these quads are pretty easy and run on the same principle, but essentially it's just a long wrap folded in half

this here is the dark horse V2 mini, this is the smallest deck i have ever used. idea was to keeps ohm's high using a kanth/ni twist, since wraps, horizantal or vertical, isn't possible; i attempted large diameter instead. i used a pair of needle-nose about two inches down the tip, after measuring the the deck to see what size rectanglular (pyramid???) i could fit. came out with this and it was a real beast in such a tiny, poor quality $5 RDA clone. these were quite the bizznitch though.

(BTW....dont dry burn your Ni like me)
another good build for a small deck...... now this isnt a small deck shown, but i have done the same, with twisted wires even, in the dark horse mini v2

heres how to get the ohms up on a single coil deck

Tieguaili

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
so i went a bought a fresh pack of cotton and a few rolls of wire...now i have 22ga 24ga 28ga 32ga all kanthal. So far 24ga core 32ga outer makes best claptons and fusd, they hit a little slow for me tohugh so gonna save them for my next upgrade (looking at some 15 and 200w regulated boxes). 24ga vertial quads are awesome, got the resistance at .35 and it runs great on the mech and vtc60. playing with twisted twisted 32ga parallel with 24ga see what happens, gonna put up some pics of my shoddy coil wrapping later lol.

i think we have a winner...double twisted 32ga parallel with 24ga at .35ohms...great flavour in this two face clone thing.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors