Become a Patron!

Best build for my noisey cricket

Trying to figure out the best build for my noisey cricket right now I have two mxjo 18650 in it and a simple build coming in around .45 and it vapes hot but chicks clouds

N8Julo43

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I personally love a dual clapton 26/32 Kanthal. I typically run 6 wraps, 3mm, and they come out to .45 - .5 ohms.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
.45 is pretty low. I'd run dual 24's at that, maybe... ...anything smaller would get wayyy too hot for my liking, and I love a hot vape!

Claptons really shine on series mods. All that voltage gets them singing and dancing. In exchange for giving all of the heat somewhere to go, you get more surface area. The improved wicking capabilities help the coils cool themselves, too. The result tends to be a velvety-smooth vape with otherworldly flavor, volume and density... ...heavy, chunky clouds that fall down and spread rather than shoot up and billow.

Play around with some standard clapton duals and fused clapton singles. My personal favorites are 2mm .65-.75 dual 28/38 claptons, 2.5mm .5 dual 26/38 claptons, and 3mm-1/8" .45 dual 24/40 claptons. The smaller ones are pure flavor builds with better texture (imo,) but less vapor, while the bigger ones yield insane amounts of vapor and oompf for only a sight sacrifice in flavor (it's still a world above standard coils.)

If you want to go as low as you're going with standard coils and tame the heat a little, try super-macro coils. Anything above 3mm should do the trick. Try 1/8", 9/64" or even 4mm. 4mm dual standard 22's are vicious, but still very smooth and calm. With 8v going to them, you want as much juice flowing into them as possible, as the wicking demands for high-powered series coils made from thick wire are through the roof. If the wicking isn't there, then they will get very, very hot.

You could also go up in resistance and use thinner wire. 26g doesn't retain as much heat as 24 or 22, but when you're building duals up to .6-.7, there's still plenty of surface-area for your clouds. I mean, you really don't have to worry about them getting enough power with 8v going to them. They're gonna get there. The trick is keeping them from overheating. It's easier to avoid with wire that pulls less current, heats up faster, and thus cools down faster. The typical cloud gauges (i.e.: 24g, 22g, and 20g) can be overkill. You don't need all of that to get the surface area up there. All it really does is test the limits of what your wicking material and airflow can contain.

VU Sponsors