Become a Patron!

Best build for Govad RDA for flavor chasing

Hello all, i am quite new to vaping world. I started with uwell crown RTA and yesterday i bought one Govad RDA reading some of the reviews on internet. Most of the reviews said that this one is great for flavor but i am not getting as much flavor as i expected. Maybe i am doing something wrong. What kind of build would you suggest for great flavor output from this RDA and which airflow combination would you recommend? Thanks in Advance.

Thejkaz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A picture of your coil setup and what wire used would help us narrow down the issue

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

A picture of your coil setup and what wire used would help us narrow down the issue

To be honest i dont know which wire is it. They made it this way from where i did buy. Maybe u can get some idea from the picture. 20170510_035442-01.jpeg

Thejkaz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unfortunately the picture link appears to be broken

Thejkaz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also just run the bottom airflow and see how it tastes... More air makes bigger clouds but less flavor.

hdtech712

Member For 2 Years
IMG_1025.JPG
I bought the govad last week and so far the best build I've found for it is the staggered fused clapton. I originally installed it like in my pic but since have flipped it over to get it closer to the air flow tube. It was suggested in one of the YouTube reviews I watched. Yeah this thing is a flavor machine. Oh I also only use 316L wire.
One other thing... try lining up the vandyvape logo with the bottom airflow opening so that whatever you draw into it flows across the coil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, the staggered fused clapton performing a lot better. But i am facing another problem now. Its the spitback. No matter how i wick, i am getting this annoying spitback. Dont know what am i doing wrong. Any help please ? :(

Try turning up the wattage a bit and see if it helps

Right now i am vaping at 65W with .41 ohm staggered fused clapton coil. There are no space in the coil. Should i make some space in between?

Attachments

• 20170511_192952-01.jpeg
    20170511_192952-01.jpeg
    375 KB · Views: 32

Thejkaz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I space my coils in my limitless plus using dual fused Claptons to increase wicking. It's 26/32 Kanthal a1 at 96 watts.

Thejkaz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There a bit uneven now but I have been using them for a few months
03395af48e9aff0e24f91da254576a11.jpg

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Running a ss alien in mine, zero spit back just copious amount of flavor. Can u post a pic of your staggered coil in the rda? May be placement but it'd be easier to diagnose

Hello all, i am quite new to vaping world. I started with uwell crown RTA and yesterday i bought one Govad RDA reading some of the reviews on internet. Most of the reviews said that this one is great for flavor but i am not getting as much flavor as i expected. Maybe i am doing something wrong. What kind of build would you suggest for great flavor output from this RDA and which airflow combination would you recommend? Thanks in Advance.
Clapton variants are great but your flavor shouldn't be bad with other wire . Start with bottom airflow and open the sides as needed. If you combine airflows and decide that the bottom wasn't enough try keeping the side to bottom ratio near even while adjusting so you don't lose air velocity in the smaller air hole. Tightening airflow helps flavor but you also need the right heat Flux (in laymen, how hot your wattage makes the surface area) . I usually get the best flavor off of coils ran hotter. Too much airflow kills flavor but too much power kills the cotton with the increased chance of dry burns .

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Use a 6 wrap alien, coil put as low as possible without touching and bottom air flow wide open with side air flow barely open. Great flavor

Use a 6 wrap alien, coil put as low as possible without touching and bottom air flow wide open with side air flow barely open. Great flavor
That advice isn't real advice. It doesn't explain why or how. He needs to know more than a wrap count of a random size alien. Diameters, gauges, cotton tightness, placement, airflow choice, wattage, etc. He most importantly should know that he doesn't need an alien coil. Fused Claptons provide more than wonderful flavor. I've gotten great flavor off of well built round wire builds. But I prefer my easy to craft fused Claptons for looks and good contact.

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That advice isn't real advice. It doesn't explain why or how. He needs to know more than a wrap count of a random size alien. Diameters, gauges, cotton tightness, placement, airflow choice, wattage, etc. He most importantly should know that he doesn't need an alien coil. Fused Claptons provide more than wonderful flavor. I've gotten great flavor off of well built round wire builds. But I prefer my easy to craft fused Claptons for looks and good contact.
Are you being for real? He doesn't need an alien coil any more than he needs any clapton variant. If he gets premade aliens, coil Id is irrelevant cuz it'll be 2.5 or 3mm unless he requests otherwise and even 4mm wI'll be fine. Your post tells him nothing other than about heat flux and mentions airflow. Him being new and that's the info you give him? I tell ya what OP, take this gentleman's input, then try mine and lemme know which gets you further. Had the OP been doing this awhile, then I would elaborate more but if he wants great flavor NOW, then do as I recommended then watch a wicking tutorial if not sure how to wick. You gave examples of what to do/not to do, but never gave him a solution therefore I did. The rest he will pick up with experience and how to vids, and yes aliens provide superior flavor imo plus help with wicking. Now, let's keep everything else directed at helping the OP. My apologies OP.

VU Sponsors