Become a Patron!

Best Battery for Triple 18650 Mod

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Which one of these high capacity batteries running together in a triple battery regulated mod would allow me to safely vape between 60 and 110 for the longest period of time?

Panasonic NCR18650GA 3500mAh (Red).

Samsung INR18650-35E 3500mAh (Pink)

LG MJ1s (Green)

I just got a triple 18650 regulated mod and I'd like to have a triple battery setup that will run all day between 60 and 110 watts.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not familiar with those batteries so getting info from someone in the know would be great.

I like running Sony VTC5A batts in my triple mods. @SirRichardRear is the one who recommended them to me to run my TFV12 or ECO12 with. Even though they are lower mah at 2600 I get longer vape time at higher watts because of the higher 25amp rating than say a LG HG2 3k or Samsung 30Q 3k mah batts. Thise last ones last longer if I am vaping at 60 watts but at over 100 I get longer batt life with the VTC5A.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Which would you choose between the H2 and the 30Q?

30q just because of a higher true amp rating I've seen in tests. Don't take my work on it though because I do not own any 30q's, I own multiple h2s and honestly they would work just fine. Just saying the scientific tests make the 30q look more appealing. It's all depends on the coils you plan to run, coils that take more wattage require higher amps, but if you're doing coils under 80 watts or 100, that shouldn't need to matter, more about mah for battery life. It's all personal preference at the higher end batteries.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
30q just because of a higher true amp rating I've seen in tests. Don't take my work on it though because I do not own any 30q's, I own multiple h2s and honestly they would work just fine. Just saying the scientific tests make the 30q look more appealing. It's all depends on the coils you plan to run, coils that take more wattage require higher amps, but if you're doing coils under 80 watts or 100, that shouldn't need to matter, more about mah for battery life. It's all personal preference at the higher end batteries.
I have both don't notice much of a difference but I trust in mooch and he says newer ones have been derated so I agree with the 30q

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which would you choose between the H2 and the 30Q?

Google Mooch battery recommendations. If I remember correctly the HG2 have a little higher amp limit but the 30Q have there pluses as well. I use both and can't say I notice a difference between the 2, I would still rather get the Sony VTC5A though, those batts are beasts.

Make sure and only buy from liion wholesale, IMR Batteries and illumn as they specialize in selling legit batteries. The HG2 in particular is notorious for having fakes out there due to there popularity.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have both don't notice much of a difference but I trust in mooch and he says newer ones have been derated so I agree with the 30q

Didn't hear about the HG2 with the latest batch, good to know...thanks bro

Google Mooch battery recommendations. If I remember correctly the HG2 have a little higher amp limit but the 30Q have there pluses as well. I use both and can't say I notice a difference between the 2, I would still rather get the Sony VTC5A though, those batts are beasts.

Make sure and only buy from liion wholesale, IMR Batteries and illumn as they specialize in selling legit batteries. The HG2 in particular is notorious for having fakes out there due to there popularity.

I agree. I strictly use vtc5a or vtc5's for mechs. The only reason I have the hg2's is for my boxes. Any vtc5s are the best batteries on the market in my opinion.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I agree. I strictly use vtc5a or vtc5's for mechs. The only reason I have the hg2's is for my boxes. Any vtc5s are the best batteries on the market in my opinion.
Yup love the vtc5a perfect balance of life and amp draw

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The short answer is there's always some risk involved with any and all 18650 batteries. The long answer is VTC6 first, 30Q second, HG2 ("do not use outside of battery pack" warning text version, as these are less likely to be fakes) third... but personally I prefer to use the VTC5A for all my 18650 mods because, aside from their being able to be used in anything, they offer better performance and a bit more safety (especially if you chain vape or if the weather gets hot, or both...) as well as wear out slower (especially if you notice your batteries are frequently getting warmer than 45°C/113°F, which is still relatively safe enough, but causes additional wear and tear that you could avoid by simply going for the VTC5A instead...), and, depending how you vape, the runtime of the VTC5A can be pretty much identical to that of the aforementioned 3000 mAh batteries, or close enough for it to not outweigh the combined effect of all the advantages in any way whatsoever.

VU Sponsors