Become a Patron!

Best amount of flavoring for ??vg ??pg ratio

Anonym0us_vaper

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been thinking of getting maybe a 50/50 vg pg blend or 70/30 blend with some flavoring, how many drops of the flavoring should I put in each of those ratios?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There is no "one best" for anything; every recipe is different, and most of us don't use "drops" -- all my recipes are 20%-30% flavoring; which is a lot more than most use, admittedly, but still, it's probably going to be at least 5%-10% flavoring even with the strongest FlavourArt flavors you can find. And single flavors are hardly ever just one flavor -- my strawberry & cream is 25% flavoring, with the strongest strawberry flavoring i can find at 14%, and 3 different creams.

If you eat "a hamburger", I bet you put lots of different stuff on it?

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I buy my VG and PG separately and my Nicotine in VG because I want to make High or MAX VG e-Liquids. Using a premix makes it harder to achieve a particular ratio. Depending on the flavor and who makes it determines how much is needed to achieve the taste that you are looking to make. Some are more concentrated and will require less depending on just how strong you want a particular flavor to be and what you mix it with. If you notice I keep repeating that it is up to you because it is all up to you. Start low with the flavors and work your way up just like with power! Good Luck.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Higher PG is more flavor. Higher VG is more vapor. So it depends on what you're going for. I do 50/50. If I could get away with higher PG, I would, as I prefer smaller clouds. Higher PG will also give more throat hit.

You really should get a good kitchen scale if you're going to DIY, or at the very least, some syringes, rather than rely on drops, as different bottles will give different size drops and they aren't exact. Scales are pretty inexpensive, and syringes are dirt cheap.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I find no difference in flavor with the VG or PG and proof of that is the member who uses 20-30% flavoring and high PG. Although below 70% VG I think is anemic clouds and too much throat hit for me.

Anonym0us_vaper

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, what I was thinking was to buy a 70 vg and 30 pg bottle (the vg and pg already mixed together in the same bottle) and get some flavoring and put the vg pg blend in a squonk bottle i have left over and drip some flavoring into it, shake it well and hope i have put enough flavoring in there (like I can't add more if necessary) i'm hoping to save on money on juice by doing this since my baby beast is a juice hog

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, what I was thinking was to buy a 70 vg and 30 pg bottle (the vg and pg already mixed together in the same bottle) and get some flavoring and put the vg pg blend in a squonk bottle i have left over and drip some flavoring into it, shake it well and hope i have put enough flavoring in there (like I can't add more if necessary) i'm hoping to save on money on juice by doing this since my baby beast is a juice hog

Problem is many flavors come in PG and the end product will be higher PG than you want.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
that is the great thing about DIY...there is no wrong way to do it...whatever % suits your tastes.

Anonym0us_vaper

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The listing i'm looking at for the vg pg blend is 5.95 for a 4 ounce and around 4-6 fora 15 ml bottle of flavoring,

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Remember if you add flavor with PG to a 70/30 mix you will wind up with less of a percentage of VG. Use a calculator like this

https://ecigvape.com/#anc_calcs

And make what you actually want not what it happens to come out as. I do not like PG and use as little as possible.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Its cheaper to get a big bottle of VG and a big bottle of PG and mixing your own. And I don't know what flavoring you plan on using but that's kinda pricey. Check Bull City to compare.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
4 Oz is less than I mixed up today with only my ADV Tobacco Blends.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I buy 2 bottles of VG to every one of PG when I order DIY Supplies.

esigarett

Unlisted Vendor
I've been thinking of getting maybe a 50/50 vg pg blend or 70/30 blend with some flavoring, how many drops of the flavoring should I put in each of those ratios?
You just have to try for yourself honestly.. I would start off buying 10ml of random fruits / berries. If you're used to the tobacco flavour, go with that.

VU Sponsors